Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The HG rule requires a blend of maximum limits of academy trained HG & country developed HG correct? If so wouldn't David Button at Brighton be a really astute 3rd choice keeper signing to make seeing as he came through our academy before moving on?

There's a kid at Millwall as well who's name evades me but I don't know if he can hack it even as a 3rd choice who probably & realistically won't play for us.

David Button, academy product of Spurs anyone? That way we aren't overly reliant on needing the minimum of 4 Academy products we currently have in our ranks taking up outfield space if Poch doesn't fancy them

My fear with Wan Bissaka is that UTD will have him lined up as Young's replacement.

Not the most attractive club at present, is it though? And he doesn't seem like the type who would like living in the North. Bit of an introvert by all accounts. I imagine he'd prefer to stay in London.

Not the most attractive club at present, is it though? And he doesn't seem like the type who would like living in the North. Bit of an introvert by all accounts. I imagine he'd prefer to stay in London.

Perhaps.

But UTD are UTD. It’s going to take a decade of rot to dull their lustre. They might chuck money at him aswell.

Fingers crossed you’re right though.

Think the draw is that he would be going from a club who usually fight relegation for large parts of the season to a club who will always be in Europe, probably tripling his wages in the process and playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Hopefully he's more focused on improving his game some more and making the right choice though instead of chasing money at his age. That'll all come.

He could always just look at what happened to Zaha..

Juventus are ready to challenge Tottenham this summer for Fulham's 18-year-old left-back Ryan Sessegnon. (Express)
what player is he?
mirror-2.jpg

The answer as always they are shit but at any given time are a more attractive proposition than Spurs, they have been shit for 4 years and won cups, on top of that you get paid top dollar. Same with Chelsea and to a lesser extent Woolwich, in general we will always struggle to compete with these clubs until we are winning consistently (and paying like wages)

Given our need for home grown and a rb, selling aurier and buying wan bissaka is totally worth going all in. The net spend on that shouldn't be too outrageous and then if we can replace vorm with an english goalie we can buy the midfielders we need, of which there are not a lot of english options (pretty much just grealish and if they get promoted even he is off the table).

Sell aurier sign wan bissaka then we can move for berge, grillitsch, ndombele, tielemans.

How fortunate we are that the year we get to the CL semi final, which everyone in football watches, we get to show off our spanking new stadium. I hope the club and fans put on a show.

Win or lose it really feels like we're on the edge of big time. Top 10 global income, best stadium in football, based in London, in the best league....even compared to 2-3 years ago we're so much more attractive now. If you're a young player looking at club trajectories, ours is stratospheric.

It's only wages that are a stumbling block, and it hasn't harmed us too much so far. Exciting times

Back
Top Bottom