Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

7/1 to go to Man Utd. 4/7 to go to Spurs. Pretty well known he wants to stay in London. Liverpool have long since given up.
Odds on signings are shit, if I put £50 on man u it shifts the market.

*bit more aggressive than I meant.... If man u want a player they tend to pay more which puts them in the driving seat

Odds on signings are shit, if I put £50 on man u it shifts the market.

*bit more aggressive than I meant.... If man u want a player they tend to pay more which puts them in the driving seat

Pretty much.

Talking of odds. We're favourites to sign:

Jack Grealish
James Maddison
Ivan Perisic
Ryan Sessegnon

This summer.

Now that Norwich are up, not sure Aaarons would be gettable.

He's 19 years old and will be getting a full season of Premier League football under his belt I'm not sure we'd give him that luxury.

Best hope is that he impresses just enough but Norwich get relegated (a bit like Sessegnon really at Fulham) and then we pick him up once theyre back down.

Would still rather throw everything at Wan-Bissaka though.
Oh I agree, and Wan Bissaka would be top of my list also. I just think it’ll be silly money, but that’s the market we’re in. Palace are in a position in which they could get £150m for Zaha and Wan Bissaka.

Perez and Milivojevic, we are not West Ham mate.

Milivojevic is not a first eleven signing. He is depth that can replace both Dier and Wanyama. If, and this is a big if, we sell 7 players, I can't imagine it will be youth filling the depth chart. We need quality bodies.

Depth went from

Wanyama, Dier, Skipp

To

Diawara, Milivojevic, Skipp.

I never said I wanted him as a first choice player and he wouldn't be my first buy in the window. Hence the kid I have wanted for years, Diawara. Milivojevic is a player that ticks some boxes for me and wouldn't be 50£, at least I don't think. I've seen him play quite a bit and have found him to be the most steady of the CP players. And I would argue a better free kick taker than Christian.

Wouldn't mind a cheeky bid for Sergi Canos of Brentford.

I like your thinking. Get some players in who've spent time at other english top sides and let them haunt their former employees. Add to the basket: Sancho, Suso, Luis Alberto, Ntcham, Depay and Denayer. Probably only Luis Alberto and Depay who doesn't count towards HG.

...and yes, it's on purpose I left out Jack Dickhair and Theo Wanker.

Pretty much.

Talking of odds. We're favourites to sign:

Jack Grealish
James Maddison
Ivan Perisic
Ryan Sessegnon

This summer.
Throw in a decent right back and that would be a pretty good summer. Add in someone really special in midfield and it would be a great summer.

I like your thinking. Get some players in who've spent time at other english top sides and let them haunt their former employees. Add to the basket: Sancho, Suso, Luis Alberto, Ntcham, Depay and Denayer. Probably only Luis Alberto and Depay who doesn't count towards HG.

...and yes, it's on purpose I left out Jack Dickhair and Theo Wanker.

Canos was pretty poor at Norwich, just sayin'

We need to spend big this summer to compete next year, we had next to nothing on the bench today, scary how thin we are.

I mean, we did have 5 players out injured..

Kane, Sissoko, Winks, Aurier and Lamela...

4 of which could have be playing.

Which means our bench would likely have been:

Gazzaniga, Trippier, Sanchez, Wanyama, Dier, Lucas, Lamela.

But yes- we do need depth I agree.

Tierney and Wan Bissaka, Trippier off and Davies as an option for centre back or left back. Midfield need to be solved, Sander Berge and a creative option would be almost perfect market.

Back
Top Bottom