Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:levywhoa:

By the way, I hope we haven't all forgotten about Sander Berge.

He could be a proper steal for whoever nabs him in the summer.
listening to Andy Brassell on a podcast at the weekend Kai Havertz seems to be the hot (achievable property) he put him above Brandt and Bailey. probably Munich bound next season - but if gettable would fall into our range.

I have never seen him - resident stato's is he that good?

Max Aarons from Norwich
Left back isn't necessarily a problem if Rose can stay fit, but I see your point. Chilwell?
Grealish & Tielemans
Callum Wilson.

Now that Norwich are up, not sure Aaarons would be gettable.

He's 19 years old and will be getting a full season of Premier League football under his belt I'm not sure we'd give him that luxury.

Best hope is that he impresses just enough but Norwich get relegated (a bit like Sessegnon really at Fulham) and then we pick him up once theyre back down.

Would still rather throw everything at Wan-Bissaka though.

Just a shame the market is so fucked up.

A few years back Wan-Bissaka would have been available for about £25,000,000 and that would have seemed like a lot.
On the other hand we could get £80-100m in the summer for a player with a contract until 2020, it's a wicked market, but I hope we can sell Trippier for, let's say, £25m and sign Wan-Bissaka for £45-50m.

On the other hand we could get £80-100m in the summer for a player with a contract until 2020, it's a wicked market, but I hope we can sell Trippier for, let's say, £25m and sign Wan-Bissaka for £45-50m.

If we can get Wan-Bissaka for that price then yes, no brainer.

Wan-Bissaka and Walker-Peters providing competition for eachother would be smart. This would also mean selling Serge Aurier who we could probably get a reasonable fee for as well.

Then we just need two CMs and a LB.

If we can get Wan-Bissaka for that price then yes, no brainer.

Wan-Bissaka and Walker-Peters providing competition for eachother would be smart. This would also mean selling Serge Aurier who we could probably get a reasonable fee for as well.

Then we just need two CMs and a LB.
Exactly. I don't see it as particularly far-fetched that Trippier and Aurier could both be sold for a total sum that wouldn't be far off the fee for Wan-Bissaka...

I was thinking about a LB and perhaps Tagliafico from Ajax could be an interesting option, he is a regular starter for Argentina as well, would cost something like £25m.

Didn't rate him before this season and still don't to be honest.

Think our left back choices need to be one Mendy or Firpo. Or maybe Grimaldo, who we've been linked with plenty of times.

Maybe even gamble on someone like Tierney.

Then again, Poch may be happy with Davies and Rose. One of which can play centre back as well as left back and the other knows the club, is trusted by Poch, been here for over a decade and meets our HG quota.

I was thinking about a LB and perhaps Tagliafico from Ajax could be an interesting option, he is a regular starter for Argentina as well, would cost something like £25m.
If only we had 180 (or more) minutes of football coming up where we could scout Ajax's players closely...

tenor.gif

He really has been incredible.

Watched him closely against Woolwich and he's just so good. For someone who spent more of his teenage years as a winger or striker, he is just unbelievable defensively.

People wanting to spend £60,000,000 on Zaha. Fuck off. It'll take that to get Wan-Bissaka in a position we actually need upgrading in.

I'd love WB and I hope we get him, I agree it's a priority position. That and a CM. I still think Poch will want Zaha, but I hope he doesn't blow the budget on him. We don't want to start next season with the same RBs and CM options we have right now.

Didn't rate him before this season and still don't to be honest.

Think our left back choices need to be one Mendy or Firpo. Or maybe Grimaldo, who we've been linked with plenty of times.

Maybe even gamble on someone like Tierney.

Then again, Poch may be happy with Davies and Rose. One of which can play centre back as well as left back and the other knows the club, is trusted by Poch, been here for over a decade and meets our HG quota.

Mendy - City's Mendy? he cant stay fit.

Back
Top Bottom