Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Genuinely excited about next season with whoever we (can) get to strengthen the squad. This team without depth, full of injuries and with so many frustrating individual performances over the season is now comfortably in third and in the CL semis. Say what you want, but combined with the new stadium we have a lot to be optimistic about. Have some trust and faith! These are the good times!

Although it was hard to watch last night, Lewis Dunk would be a good signing for most teams. He was MOTM last night, he is no nonsense and really puts his body on the line.

Although it was hard to watch last night, Lewis Dunk would be a good signing for most teams. He was MOTM last night, he is no nonsense and really puts his body on the line.

I'm not really sure there was a MOTM last night.

I'm not sure what Dunk would bring that a fit Dier playing in his best position of CB offers.

If Alderwiereld goes, we have decent cover at CB (Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth, Dier even Davies had one good game).

Our requirements are in midfield and up front and above all, an on-field Captain.

Excellent summary. Couldn't disagree with anything said.
Reading through the comments I discovered a spurs fan saying he can't wait for alderweireld to leave the club as he s not strong enough and error prone...

I imagine that's the kind of guy that evaluates every blowjob he gets as mediocre and lists all the attention points for the next time

Reading through the comments I discovered a spurs fan saying he can't wait for alderweireld to leave the club as he s not strong enough and error prone...

I imagine that's the kind of guy that evaluates every blowjob he gets as mediocre and lists all the attention points for the next time

It's crazy how different people see games of football.

Alderweireld is world class.

Hmm. Reminds me of a certain poster on here...

It's crazy how different people see games of football.

Alderweireld is world class.
He was World Class, he's not any more. Not even close.
He's unbetable one on one if the striker takes him on the outside, he's weak if the striker cuts inside him.
He barely wins a header, constantly gets just underneath the ball.
His turning the back on strikes is poor, his inability to close down quickly has cost a few goals this season.
He's a good PL centre half, but one I would have no worries about facing.

He's the guy that made this
2uq2an9.png

Just remembered that Norwich CB Zimmermann looked pretty good the couple of times I have seen him. According to wiki his contract expires this summer.
He did not make TOTY but neither did Bowen. 😉

Back
Top Bottom