Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a feeling Poch really wants him. He has that power and aggression that Poch appreciates and iirc he has been complementary about Zaha in the past. However 60-70 mill transfer fee and probably 130k aweek wages will put Levy off the deal

He will join Chelsea imo as Hazards replacement.

There are alternatives out there. Pepe, Williams, Neres, Bailey etc . They will still cost between 40-60 mill but wages wise will be cheaper and fit in our structure. Problem is there is no guarantee they will adapt to England and the PL. There are no adaptation worries with someone like Zaha

If we really want a cheapie then Daniel James at Swansea is the one. I'm not sure Poch would be happy though

Pepe's loads better than Zaha, but off to Bayern I think...would love to go for him though

Any thoughts on Deulofeu as a possible replacement for Eriksen? Good pace, great ball control, awesome dead ball taker and can score the mundane and the wonderful. Would mean setting the team up in a different way, but I can see us being more dynamic and decisive.

Sooo Zaha is leaving Crystal Palace this summer then. . . Do we want him if the price is right?

If he puts on a good performance for us tomorrow, and kills off Woolwich, I'll already consider him one of the guys.

Any thoughts on Deulofeu as a possible replacement for Eriksen? Good pace, great ball control, awesome dead ball taker and can score the mundane and the wonderful. Would mean setting the team up in a different way, but I can see us being more dynamic and decisive.

Not as a possible replacement for Eriksen, no.

Goal. publishing story that Eriksen is close to signing a new contract.

Retaining a player of that standing would be massive - if he were to go we might get £80m but we would struggle to get an equivalent player, we would almost certainly need to sign a prospect we hoped could grow into a top player.

Also one less position we need to recruit for and one less player to integrate into the squad. and Spurs with Eriksen makes Spurs look more attractive to incoming players

We might decide to retain Llorente and buy a young AM capable of covering a couple of forward positions who could be integrated next season and be ready to properly become a first team player the following season when Llorente retires. Maybe Daniel James age 21 of Swansea - although not being HG for CL might be an issue or Jarrod Bowen from Hull

That would mean being able to focus on central midfield to replace Moussa Dembele with a rotation partner for Harry Winks ....not sure if Victor Wanyama will recover his mobility etc but I guess we will find that out in the next few games. the other issue of course is whether Poch thinks Oliver Skipp will be ready to take over Wanyama' s role and indeed whether Poch wants to bring through Jamie Bowen who has been in the last few squads often as 19th Man.

Also allows us to focus on both left and right back positions - and potentially CB positions if Aldereireld leaves....and there is still Jan Vertonghen to pin down on a contract and given his age I can imagine the club wanting to offer him a 3 year deal why he might want a 5 year deal.

Lots to do but precisely which positions is not 100% clear even now

Also: signing Eriksen to a new contract potentially adds £50m to him in terms of transfer value. One of the reasons it would be better to keep him than sell and look to reinvest the money.

Selling him with two (or more) years left is a lot different to selling him with one year left and little leverage (which we'd be doing this summer).

Retaining a player of that standing would be massive - if he were to go we might get £80m but we would struggle to get an equivalent player, we would almost certainly need to sign a prospect we hoped could grow into a top player.

Also one less position we need to recruit for and one less player to integrate into the squad. and Spurs with Eriksen makes Spurs look more attractive to incoming players

We might decide to retain Llorente and buy a young AM capable of covering a couple of forward positions who could be integrated next season and be ready to properly become a first team player the following season when Llorente retires. Maybe Daniel James age 21 of Swansea - although not being HG for CL might be an issue or Jarrod Bowen from Hull

That would mean being able to focus on central midfield to replace Moussa Dembele with a rotation partner for Harry Winks ....not sure if Victor Wanyama will recover his mobility etc but I guess we will find that out in the next few games. the other issue of course is whether Poch thinks Oliver Skipp will be ready to take over Wanyama' s role and indeed whether Poch wants to bring through Jamie Bowen who has been in the last few squads often as 19th Man.

Also allows us to focus on both left and right back positions - and potentially CB positions if Aldereireld leaves....and there is still Jan Vertonghen to pin down on a contract and given his age I can imagine the club wanting to offer him a 3 year deal why he might want a 5 year deal.

Really hope Eriksen signs a new deal.

I find it highly unlikely we are going to see much of Skipp for the next year or so if Poch would rather put an erratic left back WITH a penchant for giving the ball away into CM for 20 minutes than Skipp. Unfortunately.

Likewise KWP, if CB's are being preferred at RB now.

I really don't think we need to waste money on a CB. We now have Dier, Foyth and Sanchez as well as Eyoma and a couple of others coming through.

I hope it's true. No other playmaker out there who runs as many miles as him every single game.

But how reliable are Goal? There's no sources so it seems like it's just based on a hunch. I'll believe it when I see it.

Tottenham News: Club confident they can sign Eriksen to long-term deal | Goal.com

Bayern are stacked for young wingers. Already have Coman, Davies and Gnabry needing match time. Sané would just find himself in the same situation as now by going there
Sané is twice the player that for example Gnabry is, he would be a key player for Bayern in the Bundesliga as he was for City last season when they broke all kind of records.

it would be ideal to keep Eriksen and sign 1 young sub player in his place but I don’t know how realistic that is. Eriksen is most likely leaving if we don’t go through to the CL final

I hope it's true. No other playmaker out there who runs as many miles as him every single game.

But how reliable are Goal? There's no sources so it seems like it's just based on a hunch. I'll believe it when I see it.

Tottenham News: Club confident they can sign Eriksen to long-term deal | Goal.com

All an unknown. But if Eriksen was thinking he had reached a plateau at Spurs and neither Barca or Madrid were showing much interest and he was having to talk to the likes of Juve.....and he then finds he is in semi finals of CL when two of his possible destinations are not....

And I think with the new stadium complete and early indications are it's a cash cow (although still £600m in debt with £40. To £50m a year to pay it off) I would guess wage prospects are on a different scale to a couple of years ago.....it would be no surprise if he was considering staying.

So I think it's a basis for optimism although far from a certainty

All an unknown. But if Eriksen was thinking he had reached a plateau at Spurs and neither Barca or Madrid were showing much interest and he was having to talk to the likes of Juve.....and he then finds he is in semi finals of CL when two of his possible destinations are not....

And I think with the new stadium complete and early indications are it's a cash cow (although still £600m in debt with £40. To £50m a year to pay it off) I would guess wage prospects are on a different scale to a couple of years ago.....it would be no surprise if he was considering staying.

So I think it's a basis for optimism although far from a certainty

Could be, but I still think it's a weak article. Many others are starting to write the same, but unfortunately they are just quoting Goal.com

Back
Top Bottom