Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sooo Zaha is leaving Crystal Palace this summer then. . . Do we want him if the price is right?

Tall, strong, quick, belief etc. And Poch would improve him. But expensive, overvalued I think. He'd improve our squad but I think we want someone better probably.

This might sound mad but at this point I wouldn't mind giving Llorente another year and focus on CM and RB, where we are really hurting right now. I have great faith in Son up top if needed. It'd also be a good situation for a young striker to get some starts while splitting squad rotation games with Llorente.

Trippier and Aurier really just aren't getting it done this year. Eriksen is no lock to stay.
I think it's fair to say we all agree we should try and improve on Dier, Sissoko, Wanyama and Skipp, right?

Maybe we can even get Dier to play RB again, giving him a chance to do some more fun, artsy, attacking stuff like he wants? It'd be nice to see Dele playing a bit further forward too- I feel like his goal threat is a bit muted when he plays deeper.

I can't figure out if Rose had a shitty or an awesome game v city last time out. Obv we won and it was the greatest game ever, but him and Tripps nearly gave me a heart attack several times.

Toby will be poached 100% as well. Man this summer is gonna be crazy...

2 Fullbacks, 1 CB, 2 CMs, 1 AM and 1 Winger, 1 GK - 8 players in

Sell: Tripps, Davies, Toby, Eriksen, Lamela, Wanyama, Vorm leaves on a free?

Feel sad just looking at those names, especially Wanyama and lamela - but I think they're injured way too often to keep on the list. Eriksen and Toby are likely going to leave so we need to replace both too. Definitely need a new pair of Fullbacks and CMs. New HG GK is a must.

Sooo Zaha is leaving Crystal Palace this summer then. . . Do we want him if the price is right?

Not at the price they'll be asking. Would prefer David Neres from Ajax who should come cheaper, plus we have a good relationship with Ajax.

Would give Llorente another contract - took him a season to adapt but he's proven himself now. New contract for Toby and Christian too.

We all know we need to freshen up in a few positions (LB, RB, CM, AM/Wing, a homegrown GK), but we also need to retain senior players and those who are key parts of our starting XI. Just add more depth and different qualities/versatility to our squad.

it's the money shot midfielder which will be the most important signing this summer, that modric, dembele hole is the one we have to get right.

vorm, alderweireld, eriksen, nkoudou, janssen = x amount of income on top of which, you'd expect a 'default' kitty. we also have edwards, onomah and carter-vickers to return.

I have a feeling Poch really wants him. He has that power and aggression that Poch appreciates and iirc he has been complementary about Zaha in the past. However 60-70 mill transfer fee and probably 130k aweek wages will put Levy off the deal

He will join Chelsea imo as Hazards replacement.

There are alternatives out there. Pepe, Williams, Neres, Bailey etc . They will still cost between 40-60 mill but wages wise will be cheaper and fit in our structure. Problem is there is no guarantee they will adapt to England and the PL. There are no adaptation worries with someone like Zaha

If we really want a cheapie then Daniel James at Swansea is the one. I'm not sure Poch would be happy though

If Sane goes, I assume it'd be to one of Madrid or PSG.

Maybe back to Germany with Bayern.

But it certainly wouldn't be Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom