Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Latest Twitter bullshit is that Eriksen will sign a new deal and we've agreed a deal with Andre Gomes' agent.

I think if there was any sign that we should sign Vardy it was the match the other night.

You mean someone fast who can finish?

Someone who is getting better and better and no-one really talks about is Inaki Williams. I know he has a long contract with Bilbao but surely soon he will want to move and play CL football. Can play wide and through the middle, is rapid and his finishing is much improved. Just what we need imo

Eriksen news is likely cobblers. And Gomes would be a bit underwhelming. Respectable, but hardly going to improve us.

He'd improve our squad.

But we need players who are going to either improve our starting eleven or provide serious competition for a starting place. I don't think Gomes ticks any of those boxes though.

Yep.

I still think we’ll end up with a US centric sponsor to tie in with all the NHL nonsense.

It's an interesting one. NWHL. Is a first - a stadium which can hold a lot of different sports in it ( football NFL rugby so far but potential for boxing maybe hockey, you name it). Plus of course pop concerts and hiring out bars to large corporates and it's the 3 re largest conference centre in London. Who knows what other uses we will find out about.

So rather than US centric I see an international brand that many different interest groups would associate with - whether some one like Apple or a major international airline etc. And maybe DL has found a way to have multiple naming rights for different interest groups like he did when he split shirts between PL and cups/ eurooe

You mean someone fast who can finish?

Someone who is getting better and better and no-one really talks about is Inaki Williams. I know he has a long contract with Bilbao but surely soon he will want to move and play CL football. Can play wide and through the middle, is rapid and his finishing is much improved. Just what we need imo

It was just a shit joke.. VARdy

Yep.

I still think we’ll end up with a US centric sponsor to tie in with all the NHL nonsense.
Ditto. Much preferable to Arab oil money IMO. Will probably be a company we've barely heard of, considering the whole point of a stadium sponsor is to boost their brand.
Mauricio Pochettino will spend up to £150m revamping his Tottenham squad this summer and could look to sell 28-year-old England defenders Danny Rose and Kieran Trippier. (Mail)
Weird article. The key 'information' is that Poch would be given £60m to spend, with additional money from any sales.

To be honest, I could see the actual spend being more than £150m given the amount we need to do. Whether Eriksen leaves or not will be a massive factor.

Back
Top Bottom