Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The scout report should read as follows:

Dear Mr Levy and Mr Pochettino

In its assessment of the Joao Felix the scouting department has been concluded the following:

Whatever amount of money it will take to sign him to Spurs ... pay it. Pay Benfica whatever they want. Pay Joao Felix whatever he wants. Pay whatever you need to in order to make Joao Felix a Spurs player.

Whatever the price, it will be worth it.

Thanks for insight. But why the diffenrence in HG status between the two countries? I mean, they are in the same league.

His speed is just stupendous. I don't know if you guys are able to see this video, because overseas, but it's from Swanseas meeting with Brentford in the FA Cup. He just destroyed them:

Sadly I cannot see video in UK, but thanks for posting.

Swansea are regulated by Football Association of Wales.

Tottenham are regulated by the FA (of England)

So UEFA treat England and Wales as separate football associations for both international and domestic football.

PL do not, and what makes it even more crazy is that the Football Association of Wales 'outsource' the disciplinary review of Swansea (and Cardiff) to the FA (ie England) to ensure the discipline equality of all the clubs competing in PL and EFL. - so FAW is really a 'nameplate' behind which Swansea and Cardiff hide to ensure the Welsh international team stay as a separate team from England (at least that's the only logical explanation).

Only player Spurs have got coming through like James is J'Neil Llloyd Bennett (age 17) who is amazingly fast and decent technically - scored the first goal at the Test Event for u18's, a clip of which you'll find in the thread for the test event. Anthony Georgiou (age 22) possibly has similar speed but not the finishing ability, sadly.

I'm pretty sure there are rules about "importing" under 18 players now?

Have been for years - under FIFA rules - and Chelsea are currently being subject to a transfer ban for breach of them, as I think have Barcelona and a few others clubs.

The rules came about as FIFA got concerned about child exploitation/slavery etc.

Additionally I think there are more rules coming in concerning which nation players can play for which include that they must have had [5 ?] years of eductation in the country they want to play for.

Have been for years - under FIFA rules - and Chelsea are currently being subject to a transfer ban for breach of them, as I think have Barcelona and a few others clubs.

The rules came about as FIFA got concerned about child exploitation/slavery etc.

Additionally I think there are more rules coming in concerning which nation players can play for which include that they must have had [5 ?] years of eductation in the country they want to play for.
FIFA rules state that clubs cannot sign players from other countries who are under the age of 18 "unless their parents have emigrated for reasons not connected to football or both the player and club are based within 50km of a national border."

---- 3) If a transfer takes place between two European (EU or EEA) countries and the player is aged between 16 and 18, providing new club fulfils minimum requirements of football training, academic education and acceptable living accommodation and welfare.

FIFA rules state that clubs cannot sign players from other countries who are under the age of 18 "unless their parents have emigrated for reasons not connected to football or both the player and club are based within 50km of a national border."

---- 3) If a transfer takes place between two European (EU or EEA) countries and the player is aged between 16 and 18, providing new club fulfils minimum requirements of football training, academic education and acceptable living accommodation and welfare.

So Dover United can still sign u18's living in Calais !

I would say that we have a good stock of youth players coming through who are able to step up to the first team - Winks, Skipp, Sanchez, Foyth, KWP have all looked very capable. Onamah and N'Koudu seem out of favor. Of course, Kane is only 25, Alli 23, Auerier & Son & Moura 26, Dier 25.

If Bale were to come back, I'm sure this would be heavily subsidised by commercial & sponsorship deals. Its a shame the way his career has panned out. Won them 2 champions league titles and now has a cabinet full of trophies - but for whatever reason was never liked in Spain and future generations are unlikely to regard him as one of the greats. Its now or never for him to rebuild his reputation in what is probably the final 2 seasons with a 'Top' club. He can be ridiculed on the Madrid bench or prove himself at another club. I personally would not mind seeing a Bale - Kane - Son front 3 with Sissoko - Eriksen - Alli sat in behind them.
No. Absolutely not. He’s broken, lost that yard of pace, and doesn’t press. Fuck his reputation, I want to win football matches, and he can’t help us do that.

Kane is probably looking at a Jack Wilshire future. Adding Bale to that is suicidal.

Back
Top Bottom