Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't use the stadium excuse anymore we really need to spend some dosh this time round.

The stadium isn't paid for you know, it probably won't be for another 15-20 years + we have no idea how much it cost the club withnthe delays having to pay per match at Wembley & the cost of all the fixings required. Whatever happens is out of our control, let's just enjoy it for whatever it is instead of expect something that doesn't happen & it turn into negativity. We are in a great place, it wasn't long ago we had people like Zidane saying he didn't know who Tottenham are, only for us to smash his team up last season. I'm sure the owners will do what they can and need to to continue to see us evolve but either way I don't think or expect the club will spend silly money this summer. £50m-£100m tops as well as player sales would be an excellent investment based on the debt we are carrying.

The stadium isn't paid for you know, it probably won't be for another 15-20 years + we have no idea how much it cost the club withnthe delays having to pay per match at Wembley & the cost of all the fixings required. Whatever happens is out of our control, let's just enjoy it for whatever it is instead of expect something that doesn't happen & it turn into negativity. We are in a great place, it wasn't long ago we had people like Zidane saying he didn't know who Tottenham are, only for us to smash his team up last season. I'm sure the owners will do what they can and need to to continue to see us evolve but either way I don't think or expect the club will spend silly money this summer. £50m-£100m tops as well as player sales would be an excellent investment based on the debt we are carrying.
Not buying any players for a third season in a row would be an embarrassment.
Stadium or not you know it's true.

I f***ed the quality when uploaded to Youtube :lamelaaghh:

The low quality is perfect - it blurs it just enough so he looks just like Bale in our 12/13 kit.

BUY HIM LEVY, FUCKING BUY HIM NOW.

7ewz.gif

Not buying any players for a third season in a row would be an embarrassment.
Stadium or not you know it's true.

As long at the team does well I really ain't fussed about ins and outs mate. We live in a moment in time where chucking money at something shows ambition & success. If the managers believe the current players are better than those achievable I won't lose any sleep over it. I'd prefer us to sign players of course, but it's only embarassing if you let wanky SkySports reporters or meathead rival fans wind you up.

I'm not expecting a massive amount of ins in all honesty. It would be nice but ultimately the nickels of the squad is still very young, has its peak years ahead and finally have a home stadium for the first time since we went undefeated back at WHL. We'll be alright regardless

As long at the team does well I really ain't fussed about ins and outs mate. We live in a moment in time where chucking money at something shows ambition & success. If the managers believe the current players are better than those achievable I won't lose any sleep over it. I'd prefer us to sign players of course, but it's only embarassing if you let wanky SkySports reporters or meathead rival fans wind you up.

I'm not expecting a massive amount of ins in all honesty. It would be nice but ultimately the nickels of the squad is still very young, has its peak years ahead and finally have a home stadium for the first time since we went undefeated back at WHL. We'll be alright regardless
It easy to say such things when times are good.
Yet Kane is currently off for what looks lke the rest of the season some back up firepower would greatly help us. Improvements in midfield and wingbacks could be the final piece of the puzzle that allows us to push through and win silverwear.

I'm not asking for us to spend City levels of money because we can't.
Asking for at least a little bit of investment in the coming transfer window though is a reasonable deamnd to be made of a top 4 club.

it would be the second season, but why would it be an embarrassement?
If we were to fall outside the top 4 part of that could be put down to a lack of investment.
Less quality players in the first 11 and on the subs bench has an effect on the long term success of the club.

Spending less money than Huddersfield and Cardiff isn't right for a club of our size.

If money is tight I don't mind if we go back to buying cheaper young talent from the championship or smaller PL clubs, it's worked well for us in the past, but Poch seems to be against this and now is coming out saying he wants Spurs to act like a big club which must mean he wants established top players. Would he so openly say this without speaking to Levy and getting a green light to do so? Or is Poch publicly putting pressure on Levy to start spending big

The management and the board have to come together on this and work out a plan which they are both happy with. One vision. Under Poch we can quite easily maintain top 4 finishes by buying young hungry talent from smaller clubs because he knows how to develop these talents and make them better. However if we want to win the big prizes we will have to spend big on established stars.

Remove any confusion and we may see an end to the transfer deadlock

If we were to fall outside the top 4 part of that could be put down to a lack of investment.
Less quality players in the first 11 and on the subs bench has an effect on the long term success of the club.

Spending less money than Huddersfield and Cardiff isn't right for a club of our size.
still doesnt explain why it would be an embarrassment

After days like today's 4-0 result, whilst we certainly need some reinforcements (especially if Alderweireld and/or Eriksen leave), we might not need as many changes (the 6 or more) as some on this thread have been suggesting.

For example its still early days, but Wanyama looked to be coming back to his best - yes I know it was only Huddersfield, but he looked far more comfortable playing than he has for probably a year. If he keeps this up, we might only be looking for a Dembele replacement to rotate with Harry Winks in central midfield.

After days like today's 4-0 result, whilst we certainly need some reinforcements (especially if Alderweireld and/or Eriksen leave), we might not need as many changes (the 6 or more) as some on this thread have been suggesting.

For example its still early days, but Wanyama looked to be coming back to his best - yes I know it was only Huddersfield, but he looked far more comfortable playing than he has for probably a year. If he keeps this up, we might only be looking for a Dembele replacement to rotate with Harry Winks in central midfield.
Mfw Daniel Levy reads this.

If Eriksen goes, Joao Felix looks worth offering the £100m odd for (assuming Sancho is no go).

Drooled a bit watching the Europa highlights, hat-trick, plus fighting for a header which led to the other goal (gritty looking), looked like he'd fit our team well (if there was an Eriksen sized gap).

(Yeah, yeah, I know...)

I'd love this to be true, but even if Wanyama could get match fit and back to his old self, the issues he's had suggest he's probably going to be pretty injury prone for the remainder of his career now.

I'd love the old Wanyama back, I think he'd be a great foil for Winks for example, but my head says new are probably better cashing in and getting a couple of CM's. We'll just end up with another Dembele scenario.

I'd love this to be true, but even if Wanyama could get match fit and back to his old self, the issues he's had suggest he's probably going to be pretty injury prone for the remainder of his career now.

I'd love the old Wanyama back, I think he'd be a great foil for Winks for example, but my head says new are probably better cashing in and getting a couple of CM's. We'll just end up with another Dembele scenario.
What are his issues? Wouldn't a proper pre season see him back at his best?

What are his issues? Wouldn't a proper pre season see him back at his best?

In the last 20 months he’s missed spells of 4 1/2 months, 1 month and 2 months with three knee injuries.

I hope I’m wrong, but I think that sounds like something that with the rigours of football at this level, isn’t going to magically just go away.

Do you? Genuine question?

[FORMATION][/FORMATION]

f

That maybe the case but imo he may have moved from the "must move on and replace as he can no longer play at an acceptable level". to " worth looking at moving on/ upgrading (but on current form he has a market value and isn not a crock).

And that is a big difference. With Dier a largely fit Wanyama. And an emerging Skipp we are not desperate in the DM position whereas Winks needs a rotation option other than Dele or Erikssen so that is on the essential to recruit.. and that despite a few options coming though from youth whether the inexperienced Luke Amos (age 22). Or Jamie Bowden or Harvey White et Al.

So probably coming off the critical list is a big thing

P
In the last 20 months he’s missed spells of 4 1/2 months, 1 month and 2 months with three knee injuries.

I hope I’m wrong, but I think that sounds like something that with the rigours of football at this level, isn’t going to magically just go away.

Do you? Genuine question?

Btw no idea where the formation came fro. And it will not delete ! Blame new software !

[FORMATION][/FORMATION]
f

That maybe the case but imo he may have moved from the "must move on and replace as he can no longer play at an acceptable level". to " worth looking at moving on/ upgrading (but on current form he has a market value and isn not a crock).

And that is a big difference. With Dier a largely fit Wanyama. And an emerging Skipp we are not desperate in the DM position whereas Winks needs a rotation option other than Dele or Erikssen so that is on the essential to recruit.. and that despite a few options coming though from youth whether the inexperienced Luke Amos (age 22). Or Jamie Bowden or Harvey White et Al.

So probably coming off the critical list is a big thing

I just think it’s a tough call but one that has to be made while he’s actually still movable.

I’d love to be wrong because a fit and firing Wanyama would be ahead of Sissoko as a Cm all day long for me,

I just think the omens aren’t looking great.

Back
Top Bottom