Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Domestically?

Will be interesting to see what happens with Alderweireld. We could have got 50 mill for him last summer from Utd and now it looks as if he will end up there anyway for 25 mill. Bit of a financial fuck up tbh

I’m quite convinced that Toby playing has gained us several points this season, making the £25m money well spent as we’d be sixth without him.

His transfer value has dropped a fair bit this season. I'm comfortable with him going to Manchester.

Losing him to Utd.... For a shit fee...... It couldn't sting much more unless it was the Goons, could it?

Agree very much with this.

I was delighted to see Vic get 90 mins under his belt and to score, but the people claiming he looked even close to back to his best based on yesterdays performance must have been watching a different game to me.
I thought he still looked sluggish and immobile when running, and watching him trying to press players at times was just painful.

I know Poch loves the guy but I really hope he doesn't let sentiment get in the way this Summer because he needs to be sold while we can still get any kind of fee for him.

I actually think he looked pretty OK yesterday, considering he's barely played and it was Hudersfield. But my argument isn't that he's now looking "shot" it's that even if he starts to look like the old Wanyama, when a player has serious knee (or other particular issue) problems that have dogged him persistently over a two year period, it's often going to become kind of chronic (both on that knee and effect other muscles, ligaments etc that interact.

Maybe others have anecdotal evidence of players who have gone through this, aged 27/28 and come out the other end and continued with a normal career? maybe I'm just generalising unfairly?

The Fekir situation is getting interesting. He's out of contract in 2020. He's sacked his current agent (the agent has claimed the Liverpool medical had been passed and he'd had the "photo" but it collapsed not just because of doubts about his knee, but "other" reasons too). He's rejected Aulas's contract offer and Aulas has apparently rejected Fekir's demands.

Someone is going to get a bargain this summer me thinks. Would swap him for Lamela in a heartbeat. And he can also play in Eriksen's 10 role too. And as a 9/false 9.

The Fekir situation is getting interesting. He's out of contract in 2020. He's sacked his current agent (the agent has claimed the Liverpool medical had been passed and he'd had the "photo" but it collapsed not just because of doubts about his knee, but "other" reasons too). He's rejected Aulas's contract offer and Aulas has apparently rejected Fekir's demands.

Someone is going to get a bargain this summer me thinks. Would swap him for Lamela in a heartbeat. And he can also play in Eriksen's 10 role too. And as a 9/false 9.

All very easy to "say" without declaring what exactly.... This from the very guy that's just been sacked. Then again, that would at least suggest he's got no cause to protect the player and play down the knee aspect any further.

Also, it implies the knee WAS still a contributing factor.

Medical passed; yet knee still "doubted".

He's looked the business whenever I've seen him play; but any trf looks no less dubious.

All very easy to "say" without declaring what exactly.... This from the very guy that's just been sacked. Then again, that would at least suggest he's got no cause to protect the player and play down the knee aspect any further.

Also, it implies the knee WAS still a contributing factor.

Medical passed; yet knee still "doubted".

He's looked the business whenever I've seen him play; but any trf looks no less dubious.

I think the rumour was, he passed the medical but Liverpool wanted to use it to "renegotiate" the deal already agreed, not that they pulled the plug because of the injury.

He did his cruciate in September 2015 (Aged 21). He missed most of the 15/16 season with that. Since then in the three subsequent years he's only missed 23 days (vague knee injury) at the beginning of 16/17 season and 35 days (bruised knee) midway through last season.

Was dropped from the last Lyon squad along with Memphis Depay for fighting with his team mates. Doubt he’s going to be Poch’s cup of tea.

Please, please, please don't let the rumours of our interest in Andre gomes be true - every time I've seen him perform for Everton I have been less than impressed, slow on the ball, slow to get back and defend and just slow on pace generally.

Happening: 0,000000000000%
Would be happy: 100%
oMqgNq6.jpg

I think the rumour was, he passed the medical but Liverpool wanted to use it to "renegotiate" the deal already agreed, not that they pulled the plug because of the injury.

He did his cruciate in September 2015 (Aged 21). He missed most of the 15/16 season with that. Since then in the three subsequent years he's only missed 23 days (vague knee injury) at the beginning of 16/17 season and 35 days (bruised knee) midway through last season.

Must admit, I had the impression it was one of those 'could explode at any time' jobs like Demba Ba's knee(s). I'd have expected him to have made a step up to a bigger team by now... He's one of these guys who's been a young starlet forever.

A fair amount of proverbial smoke either way when coupled with the Rocky tendencies noted above.

Like I said before, he looks tasty to me, but we all now how picky the gaffa is.... (I'd imagine Levy being less enthused by the idea of signing players with such medical question marks hanging over them too.)

Back
Top Bottom