Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I asked the other day if anyone had actually seen him defend, no one had. I got a couple of I-understand-modern-football-better-than-you replies along the lines of "wing backs don't have to defend".

There's another name for wing backs who don't or can't defend. They're called wingers

And don’t forget he’s better than Trippier because Trippier was a bad defender.....

Errrrrrr

It might.....it might not.
No one said Kane was worth 40M and would be a step up from Defoe when he was 18 though, so I don’t see why being 18 makes people want Sessengon who was total shit when he made the step up.

I’d understand if they were talking about 5M and whack him out on loan for a few years.

But apparently he can run our attack down the flanks

We’re probably on a similar page as I want him at Spurs but don’t expect him to impact our XI for the majority of the season, and don’t want him displacing anyone just yet. But he’s already got 100 games, so he should stay with us as a squad player rather than loan out - he has experience.

Happy with 20-25m as I think that’s fair for the player he could be. 40m silly as we can wait a year to get him for nothing.

I’ve been told he’s not shit because “he’s only 18”

How does that actually work?

Good point and based on what we saw last season when he played for a team that had little possession, little chance against the teams they went up against I'd agree but he's a punt based on his raw potential and I doubt he's coming in with a view that's he's the finished article.

As a prospect I think he'd be good, but not as someone who should be seen as the immediate lifeblood of the team. A year or two's development physically and as a player and let's see how he gets on.

We’re probably on a similar page as I want him at Spurs but don’t expect him to impact our XI for the majority of the season, and don’t want him displacing anyone just yet. But he’s already got 100 games, so he should stay with us as a squad player rather than loan out - he has experience.

Happy with 20-25m as I think that’s fair for the player he could be. 40m silly as we can wait a year to get him for nothing.

Question is if we don't show him some sort of commitment and desire for his services will he want to come to us in 12 months time ?. I say get him in now on a 5 year contract with a tidy release clause just in case. He may not be an automatic first team choice now, as you quite rightly say, but he'll be handy to have as an option and to add a bit of competition for places. I think £30m plus some not too easy to achieve appearance bonus options and he's ours.

I honestly think it bears out that a lot of European sides aren't great at handling an awkward tall bastard.

Llorente will almost certainly drop a little in quality next season by virtue of being a year older, but signing him up for a season on a reduced wage (as we have apparently offered) would have its merits. Especially if we've left ourselves with too much to do this window to bother signing a striker/there is a belief that Parrott could become a squad player soon.

Why would I be embarrassed if he signs.
By his own admission that will only happen if no better club wants him.

So this desire for a new challenge fell flat on him.
If he stays, it actually strengthens what I’ve been saying all along, and that his stats haven’t fooled the big boys over his piss poor performances.
I have to say you get a bit of stick off of a few people on here but i feel you see and say alot of truth about our so called star players that most people fail or don't want to see

Time to hit the sack...just checked BBC Sports gosssip column which has clicked over to tomorrows news but nothing much has changed....headlines include :

Everton are ready to challenge Woolwich for 26-year-old Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha, who is rated at £80m by his club Crystal Palace................................Go Everton !! :thumbup:

Crystal Palace have made an £8m bid for Everton's 28-year-old Republic of Ireland midfielder James McCarthy .....................Wonder if that will end up part of the Zaha discussion ?

Night All..........😴😴

I don't post on here anywhere near as much as I should, but I have no idea how you guys stand that arrogant, obstinate cunt, bus-conducter.

I used to read SC, and on there he was an insufferable prick who literally believed he knew better than anyone else, including one of the highest rated managers in the world, with one of the worst cases of confirmation bias I've ever seen. If his posting on the last couple of pages is anything to go by, I see that little has changed in his self-obsessed world.

And this place is far less forgiving on pretentious cunts like him than SC is. I'm surprised you lot havent torn him to shreds yet.
More than 1 thing can be true. I like bus-conductor bus-conductor , feel/believe him to have as good or better an understanding (and slavish devotion to what he likes just like everyone else) than most on these boards; think the term 'arrogant' is very subjective and it's measure, relative (typically a lame attempt by the speaker to stay on the offensive while covering their inability to fight their corner, ie an ad hominem); and wonder if the value in accusing someone of obstinacy and confirmation bias on an internet forum where few have ever backed down from their initial assessments isn't similar to that of calling someone 'arrogant'.

BC, to his credit, tends to back up his specious arguments with well-articulated reason and data...and typically, having actually watched the games. That, in and of itself, places anyone (and this BC cunt in particular) slightly above the fray. And to his further credit he rarely moves things beyond the matters at hand (ie gets personal, etc etc). Perhaps his resoluteness is down to the possibility that compelling counter-arguments haven't been made (who am I kidding, if there wasn't a roof presently over his head he would be shouting at the clouds because in his opinion it should be sunny today).

Do I disagree with BC? Actually, quite often (because he's a cunt mostly). I do but I appreciate his efforts (and anyone else's) to explain his/their perspective. We disagree on Nabil Fekir as a target for Spurs but I see his point and he sees mine (and we've seen the games) but neither of us has any reason to change our opinions as to his ultimate usefulness until we see something objective to change our minds. But we still argue about it (without the need to visit the toilet to exchange invective...though he's still an arrogant, obstinate cunt). Just like we do with Sissoko and the genius that is Bruno Genesio.

I ask you this, would you have posted this about a more 'popular' poster? That is to say would you have posted this if you didn't think a pile of folks would jump on and 'like' your post? I have my doubts and my preconceptions about folks that take on 'easy targets'. What I can say is that I don't think BC would have posted something like this about another poster. What does that say about you and him?

Last edited:

Here we fucking go, lads.

FlamboyantAlarmingHalicore-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom