Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meh. I wouldn't pay any attention to that Argentina team. It's an absolute shambles with no tactics, philosophy, style of play. It's every man for himself, you can't use it to gauge ability.

As for our style of play next season, what so you think we're gonna deviate from the style Pochettino's teams have played(or at least tried to play) for his entire managerial career?
Your argument that it's a shambles would work if one was arguing that the player isn't that good. But when arguing the opposite it actually makes him stand out even more.

As far as style of play, we have not played one style all 5 years that Poch has been here. Granted, much of this was dependent on the personnel he had available, but who's to say we won't play with more defensive-minded FBs with the AMs providing the width and the CMs pushing higher. If we go to a 4-3-3, which is not unlikely, forward bombing FBs are not as crucial. My point is, don't rule anything out of hand.

8053f63b919778db955a8d9386c249a8.jpg
Thats fucking genious!

Fucken lying Bosnian bastard. Stop derailing this thread
Bosnian bastard...??? nice insult :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: See you too Jimmy...check the fecken website, the forum toilet exists.... I'll even try and link it to ye haws that ?. For fuck's sake my wife is Scottish and she's the only Scots person I know who swears more than you....😂.

I’ve been told he’s not shit because “he’s only 18”

How does that actually work?
I asked the other day if anyone had actually seen him defend, no one had. I got a couple of I-understand-modern-football-better-than-you replies along the lines of "wing backs don't have to defend".

There's another name for wing backs who don't or can't defend. They're called wingers

I’ve been told he’s not shit because “he’s only 18”

How does that actually work?

Most 18 year olds don’t have the game time he’s had in the PL.
He scored 20 odd goals in 70 games as a 16/17 year old. There is clearly talent there.

I’d love to see him at Spurs, has every chance of becoming a top player.

Kane was nowhere near PL at 18 but the talent shone through. Sess already shown talent, why wouldn’t it shine through?!

:pochshock2:

Most 18 year olds don’t have the game time he’s had in the PL.
He scored 20 odd goals in 70 games as a 16/17 year old. There is clearly talent there.

I’d love to see him at Spurs, has every chance of becoming a top player.

Kane was nowhere near PL at 18 but the talent shone through. Sess already shown talent, why wouldn’t it shine through?!

:pochshock2:

It might.....it might not.
No one said Kane was worth 40M and would be a step up from Defoe when he was 18 though, so I don’t see why being 18 makes people want Sessengon who was total shit when he made the step up.

I’d understand if they were talking about 5M and whack him out on loan for a few years.

But apparently he can run our attack down the flanks

Back
Top Bottom