Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saying it right now:

If we bring in Lo Celso and actually end up signing Eriksen to a new deal - we'll be in incredible shape going into the new season.

Yes, it's fair to raise an eyebrow or two at what is going on in both full back positions, but I highly doubt Trippier and Rose get sold for only £20m each if we don't have a plan.

Ndombele is going to give us an actual functioning midfield (while I commend Sissoko's heroics, it's obvious we suffered massively last season in this regard), not to mention being most of our fans' number 1 target for the role, and Lo Celso would take some creative burden off Eriksen while also adding pace in attack.

Seems like Fekir is close to a move to Betis:

If nothing else, the past couple of years have given us the rough template for these protracted transfer sagas.

- initial vague reports
- more reputable outlets start reporting it (if real)
- pause
- speculation ramps up with rough figure for fee
- terms allegedly agreed with player
- 'two clubs valuations are far apart'
- *shock link with rival club completely out of the blue*
- selling club signs player who is suspiciously of the same position
- reliable media reports that it's done
- Spurs social media keep us waiting at least 24 hours longer than we can handle
I'd say we're between points 8 and 9 now.
:adegrin2:

Saying it right now:

If we bring in Lo Celso and actually end up signing Eriksen to a new deal - we'll be in incredible shape going into the new season.

Yes, it's fair to raise an eyebrow or two at what is going on in both full back positions, but I highly doubt Trippier and Rose get sold for only £20m each if we don't have a plan.

Ndombele is going to actually give us a functioning midfield (while I commend Sissoko's heroics, it's obvious we suffered massively last season in this regard), not to mention most of our fans' number 1 target for the role, and Lo Celso would take some creative burden off Eriksen while also adding some pace in attack.

Eriksen, Lo Celso, Dele, Lamela, Lucas, Son & Kane as attacking options would be truly top class.

Early days. It is happily go a little bit light in our fullback department based on experience if that's how we shape up come August.

Our midfield will be lethal if we keep Eriksen and add Lo Celso.

If we can sort out LB/RB and Nando signs for another year I’d call it a successful TW.

IMO biggest needs were DM, CM and upgrades at RB. I’m a little concerned about the back line but we’ve got time to sort it out.

In itself it's a valid point, and in a summer of less upheaval, I would agree, despite how much I loved what Lamela was.

Last season we effectively had a squad of 24, from January only 23. Count Skipp (or KWP) in, if you fancy to make up the numbers of 25 when we started last season. That's one needed to be added.

Vorm, Trippier, Llorente, and likely Rose gone. That's 5 new faces.

Everyone agrees N'Koudou and Janssen should and will leave. That's 7. And where we're hitting pretty close to breaking point of what we should be doing in one window.

Uncertainty surrounding Toby and Eriksen. That's potentially 9!!!

And then people want to throw around Lamela, as the point in case here, or Wanyama as done. In some cases even Dier or Sissoko. Taking us to potentially 10+ new players out of a 25 man squad. Well feck me :pochwtf:

People, rightfully, take the piss out of Fulham's approach last season, and Villa's this coming one. Meanwhile willing to throw any players, they don't fancy right at this minute, under the bus and out the club, without any sort of bigger picture idea anywhere near their head.

Yea, I see your point but it is bit off mark.
There never was 25 man team.

Replacing Janssen and N'Koudou has absolutely 0 effect. They were "in squad" but racked up smth like 100 minutes combined. Losing them has 0 effect, they were not trusted even at worst of the injury issues. Same goes for Vorm as well (who did not play after Gazzaniga took the 2nd gk place). That is 3 players with absolutely 0 effect actually.

Adding Wanyama to this list is also relevant as he played like 800 minutes alltogether.

So 1 player sold does not mean 1 equal squad member lost. Very far from it.
I mean it is by no mean relevant to compare losing Janssen, N'Koudou and Vorm to losing Kane, Son and Hugo despite both of the lists comprise of 3 players.

Though I agree that should we let Eriksen, Toby and Rose all go (after Tripps already left) that would mean the need to replace 4 REAL squad members (which is a lot).

Only? :pochfacepalm:
On a more serious note, if Poch really wants him and believes that he can develop him into a top top player, we shouldn't hesitate to pay something like £60m for him in today's market if that gets the deal done (apparently he's on Bayern Munich's radar as well), such a player was never gonna be cheap anyway.

Even if the Bayern interest in Lo Celso is legit(I’m skeptical), can’t see him choosing them over us. The argie connection and considering we can pay the same if not better wages.. no contest. My how far our club has come.
There is very little to support a 'real' Bayern interest in Lo Celso. Where would he play for them? In the positions he would most likely play they have Tiago, Goretzka, Tolisso, and sometimes Muller. Tolisso was injured but is back. Doesn't seem to make sense and with our interest Bayern are not going to get into a bidding war with a top PL team. And they have a confirmed interest in Havertz for next season. Makes no sense this Lo Celso interest.

Back
Top Bottom