Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Poch wants to spend his transfer kitty on Lo Celso and Sessegnon and patch together the fullback situation, so be it, I feel like he's earned my trust. I share your trepidation, but ultimately you back your manager and let the chips fall where they may.
Why should we weaken one position to strengthen another? That's just madness and I'd be shocked if Poch shared your opinion.

It's too early to say that with confidence about a 21-year-old.
Respectfully disagree. He most certainly has the ability to play as a right back in an emergency, but to actually go on to play there long term? No way. Too slow, too ponderous, not agile enough to become a top top right back. He will be a filler in the position, similar to Dier in 14/15. Long term he has to be a centre back/DM.

How do you know? He played very well at RB for Argentina and I don't think anyone know what style we'll play next season.
Meh. I wouldn't pay any attention to that Argentina team. It's an absolute shambles with no tactics, philosophy, style of play. It's every man for himself, you can't use it to gauge ability.

As for our style of play next season, what so you think we're gonna deviate from the style Pochettino's teams have played(or at least tried to play) for his entire managerial career?

That’s nice dear, I just didn’t agree with you, don’t care that people did.

I’m more worried about your wellbeing if their rumour of the day comes to fruition at some point and Christian re-signs. That’d be an ostrich sized egg on your face dear boy.
Why would I be embarrassed if he signs.
By his own admission that will only happen if no better club wants him.

So this desire for a new challenge fell flat on him.
If he stays, it actually strengthens what I’ve been saying all along, and that his stats haven’t fooled the big boys over his piss poor performances.

Why should we weaken one position to strengthen another? That's just madness and I'd be shocked if Poch shared your opinion.

If we have a robust, unprecedented-for-ENIC net spend at the end of the summer and Poch has sanctioned the sales of his two starting fullbacks, what else are we left to conclude?

In 2015-16 we were all scratching our heads when we were apparently left with 21-year-old CB/RB Eric Dier as our only option as a holding midfield player, but it turned out Poch knew more than we did.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, I'm saying I'm deferring to the expertise of football people on football matters, as opposed to, say, losing Eriksen for nothing which a layperson is in a much better position to judge.

Back
Top Bottom