Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sold on Kieran Tierney at all... wasn’t he giving it the big un to Neymar when they were getting beaten 7-0 by PSG? Little runt.

Robertson has that little small man arrogance too with his shove to messi’s head when he was on the ground. Pricks think they’re superstars... no respect

I couldn’t believe at the time how the ref missed that smack on Messi
Neither could Messi

It seems bizarre that GNK would be the sticking point. I mean, I'm not in the room and anything's possible, but it seems like we want to shift him and if they want him I can't see us holding out for him.

Actually, as a general question to everyone on the forum.

What would you consider to be a good transfer window for us?

And what you consider to be a bad transfer window for us?

Say the window closed tomorrow and we did no more business, would you be happy and do you think it would be enough for us to win a trophy or finish in the top 4?

I personally think if the window closed tomorrow and we did no more business we would still finish in the top 4 but it would be a hard slog and I think we would be some way off the title still.

Too early to give an opinion when we don't know where we are with Eriksen in particular ( and Alderweireld - although I think he'll run down his contrsct).

Footballing wise well be fine next season if no more leavers or joiners ( as you say) but I think we could face s difficult summer and following season if we have not resolved Eriksen position - which is probably 60/40 that he signs a new contract as a guess, but could easily be a problem and indeed Rose and Alderweireld.

So it's Pochs rebuild I want to see properly under way before giving an opinion.

Interesting article in the Express...

Despite media speculation (which I always take with a pinch or three of salt) this looks like a near done deal. Fekir to Betis, Celso hands in transfer request and Poch says "Walk this way". Another box ticked.....and the next contestant please :thumbup:

Really? They haven't signed anyone at all yet and are lowballing all there dealing so far. Doesn't strike me off a team with a lot of cash. Also Emrey himself said it would be tight so without player sales I bet it ain't far off
It's also been widely reported by many people with connections to the club. Net spend budget is £45m, and since they are going to have a hell of a time offloading anyone, I doubt that changes much.

If we get Lo Celso & Sessengon in as some people have suggested and we hang on to Toby & Eriksen (Even just for this season), then I will be happy.

However Lo Celso has gone quiet, nothing new that is credible has come up. After the speed at which the Tripps thing happened I know that anything is possible but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Eriksen, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Winks, Sissoko are all amazing options for different reasons in midfield and I could see us returning to our old 4231 formation pushing Eriksen higher up the field again.

Eriksen, Dele & Kane still have some of the best link up play in the world when they are in the same area of the pitch together instead of Dele/Eriksen being pushed further back. I think we would do well next season.

Also it's time for Kane to reclaim his Golden Boot from the Egyptian God of Bin Diving.
Lo Celso and Sessegnon happening are much likelier than Toby and Eriksen both staying, although it would work financially with a few more sales. I think £60m net spend this window would be a reasonable assumption, and we have more than enough players to offload to offset the £140m outlay.

BVXSzi.gif

Back
Top Bottom