Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why? Just because you got a yellow card? If you want complain about the lack of transfer activity then do it.

Mate, didn't even see the yellow card because that is what children and packs determine. No surprise to me.

It's not even about complaining but the fact that posters are full of bullsh!t.

Nothing clouds their judgement, everything is okay, buying one player in 19 months good enough for a so called big club and then the way in which they turn once a story takes a different direction.

See the Ceballos and Seliba momentum shifts, even though 90% of them have never seen either player in action.

So I will sit back and hope we sign the players we need or read how sh!t performers last season on the one hand are actually brilliant and others should be sold.

It's incongruent nonsense. But I know it's support of sorts.

Funny because for all the swearing etc I would never call for anyone tp be binned.

If the club think it's time for him to go; I'm cool with it.

At the end of the day, the tittle-tattle on here doesn't mean a great deal, mate.

.....Maybe Poch is backing Serge or we have someone else in the pipeline.
I really want us to find out if KWP is up to it.
Injuries to Clyne and Gomez meant that the dippers threw Alexander Arnold into the deep end, and look at the result. We won't know until we actually find out.

Regardless of what happens to Trippier, we either need to back KWP in, or loan him somewhere. He can't keep spending 95% of the season unused on the bench or not in the matchday squad.

That said, I'd love Dani Alves for a year, he's won it all and we're not far off tipping ourselves over the edge into silverware. His winning experience even if as a rotation option could be useful to us for a season.
No top teams usually want crap players

Hes no more than potential though.
It’s a punt.....the level of clubs after him doesn’t make him experienced.
he will end up world class.

Plucked out of a regular relegation battle at Burnley, played regularly for a top 4 club whilst rotating with Walker, 2 seasons as Spurs #1, England place & world cup demi-heroics, CL final..... Swansong at damn good European team. Became very wealthy in the process.

Could have been a lot worse for him.

I know what you're saying but it's a slightly romantic view.

Didn't really get rotated regularly with Walker, mostly got the spot due to injury or playing lesser games. After Walker left he must have hoped it would be his spot but we bought in Aurier...

Feel a section of the media and fanbase have been against him for a while now and it's bound to filter through. Sure he's earned well in the process, so have most footballers but unlike some who are arseholes he seems to keep his head down and never complain. You could see his frustration in games when things weren't going his way. I don't think he's enjoyed playing for a while and seems to care.

So whilst some will leave and i'll not really care, Tripper I wish him well and hope he succeeds...

Of course he can do what the fuck he likes, but It's incessant nature pisses people off(*)... The collective community have spoken.... If he can't find another string to his bow then he'll spend his 'life' here in the bin just like Ossie Wembley .

Like it or not there's still a social aspect to a forum based community.

(*....Would you go out drinking with a twat like that?

I wouldn't and I'm pretty sure he'd find himself drinking alone before too long.)
I've not had much interaction with him, I don't know his views on other things based on his spurs views that I've seen that wouldn't be enough to put me off going for a drink with him.

Mate, didn't even see the yellow card because that is what children and packs determine. No surprise to me.

Nothing clouds tgeir judgement, everything is okay, buying one player in 19 months good enough for a so called big club and then the way in which they turn once a story takes a different direction.

See the Ceballos and Seliba momentum shifts, even though 90% of them have never seen either player in action.

So I will sit back and hope we sign the players we need or read how sh!t performers last season on the one hand are actually brilliant and others should be sold.

It's incongruent nonsense.
With the likelihood of trippier leaving perhaps in the next couple of days this usually means at spurs clear the deck and one comes in.
There are still a few weeks left to complete deals I think we will still get 2/3 more in the club won't disappoint again.

No top teams usually want crap players
Right or wrong you truly are out of left field.
Spent parts of this season wanting Kane, Eriksen and Dele dropped to the bench, despite their prolonged level of high performance over many seasons.

Yet seemingly can’t fathom why a supporter base, whilst not disparaging to Kieran as a person, is more than happy to see him leave due to his too frequent errors that indirectly or directly have cost us goals.

That’s certainly a left of centre view point on where the club is at.

Nothing clouds their judgement, everything is okay, buying one player in 19 months good enough for a so called big club and then the way in which they turn once a story takes a different direction.

Funny because for all the swearing etc I would never call for anyone tp be binned.
I still don't understand why you going to stop moaning though. It makes your position weaker.

I know what you're saying but it's a slightly romantic view.

Didn't really get rotated regularly with Walker, mostly got the spot due to injury or playing lesser games. After Walker left he must have hoped it would be his spot but we bought in Aurier...

Sorry, that's not true...

We were alternating our FBs from game to game on a 2 games a week basis.

Meanwhile, Aurier has played far less than KT did when he was deputising; ergo getting more games as #1

Feel a section of the media and fanbase have been against him for a while now and it's bound to filter through. Sure he's earned well in the process, so have most footballers but unlike some who are arseholes he seems to keep his head down and never complain. You could see his frustration in games when things weren't going his way. I don't think he's enjoyed playing for a while and seems to care.

So whilst some will leave and i'll not really care, Tripper I wish him well and hope he succeeds...

Sure he's copped some flack for his blunders from our online fanbase, but I did not note the crowd at the stadium turn on him and I'm not buying the media thing either.... He rode a wave of post-WC hype in the media until his drop in form was simply too much to credibly ignore any further.

He himself said he had a poor season... No need to look any further for the cause of his "frustration".

I wish him well also.... Just don't think there's any cause for violins or sympathy here.... Or are you implying his time here actually hampered him and that his ability warranted a career that reached even greater heights?

I'll save my sympathy for (eg) Ryan Mason... Cunted off by elitists and having finally overcome an injury hampered development; had his career robbed from him by that neanderthal cunt Cahill.

Ben Davies (another example) has had a rougher ride here than KT ever has.

Last edited:
Tripps flying out for a medical, Danny not on the tour with no injury announcement. . .

No credible links to FB’s.

Surely we aren’t seriously considering Foyth at FB for the whole season?

Ahhhh..... I knew the victim card would be tucked away in your back-pocket.... You predictable cunt.

You reap what you sew, bitch.

Fuck off!

Tripps flying out for a medical, Danny not on the tour with no injury announcement. . .

No credible links to FB’s.

Surely we aren’t seriously considering Foyth at FB for the whole season?

Why would you think that when we have KWP and Aurier?

Back
Top Bottom