Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True, i agree to a certain extent, but like FightingIllini FightingIllini just said.. Losing Toby and even more so Eriksen on a free next year in my opinion is an incredibly daft move when we could coup around 85m- 100m for the pair this summer.

EDIT.. Unless of course they put pen to paper and sign new deals, but i'm not sure they'll do that either.
Yeah, but the other teams know that they can wait out their contracts too...

Because there is free speech on here, or supposed to be anyway. So he moans about lack of transfer activity? So what? There are people saying a lot worse things.

LOL. How noble of you....

If he is that incapable of not moaning that he feels he has to cease posting altogether then seriously who gives a fuck...? Not like he's any different outside of the trf window either....

IF we sell Tripps and don't have a replacement lined up, it will be a disaster.

Also what the fuck is this about both Saliba, Ceballos & Dani Alves preferring Woolwich over us?

The media are still trying to push the little neighbour narrative which is absolute bollocks. If we really wanted any of the 3 we would get it done. I never personally never wanted Ceballos, but if we don't get Lo Celso I will be absolutely gutted.
If Ceballos goes to Woolwich with no option to buy it looks small time.

Saliba already agreed to terms with Woolwich and he may be the type to not want to go back on that, possibly. Who knows, Saliba seemed more like Levy trying to take advantage of a situation to try and get a player that we wanted but were never really in for. Or our CB situation cleared up with Toby and Roma and it was worth trying to GAZUMP Woolwich.

I really wouldn't worry about these things. Apparently we got Ndombele over Madrid, Juventus and everyone else in Europe if reports are to be believed. It happens.

Well not necessarily. If Ceballos will only leave to places where he'll get game time and can play in the CL without any option to buy, that's a pretty limited pool of suitors. We're doing them a favor here, as others have pointed out.

You're dodging the point... You suggested this may smooth a deal through for Eriksen.....

£60-80m will get any deal for Eriksen over the line.... Us merely 'borrowing Ceballos for a year fundamentally changes nothing.

You're dodging the point... You suggested this may smooth a deal through for Eriksen.....

£60-80m will get any deal for Eriksen over the line.... Us merely 'borrowing Ceballos for a year fundamentally changes nothing.
Just give us the £80m don't bother loaning us a player that doesn't want to stay.

Just give us the £80m don't bother loaning us a player that doesn't want to stay.

Ceballos + 40m for Eriksen would be a different proposition, but that's NOT what's on the table here....

It's amazing the mental gynmastics a trf window will bring out in peeps.

Last edited:
LOL. How noble of you....

If he is that incapable of not moaning that he feels he has to cease posting altogether then seriously who gives a fuck...? Not like he's any different outside of the trf window either....
But my point is why shouldn't he moan? I don't really see what the big deal is.

But my point is why shouldn't he moan? I don't really see what the big deal is.

Of course he can do what the fuck he likes, but it's incessant nature pisses people off(*)... The collective community have spoken.... If he can't find another string to his bow then he'll spend his 'life' here in the bin just like Ossie Wembley .

Like it or not there's still a social aspect to a forum based community.

(*....Would you go out drinking with a twat like that?

I wouldn't and I'm pretty sure he'd find himself drinking alone before too long.)

I think everyone needs to start entertaining the idea that Real Madrid don’t want Eriksen. Zidane wants Pogba.
This is the real issue. Levy and Poch are in a position of awkwardness. Obviously we need the best deal for us, but at the same time we risk losing him for free next summer.

Madrid clearly have higher priorities than Eriksen, and it seems Eriksen only wants Madrid. He could end up signing a year extension on a higher wage so we don't lose him for free, but that's in an ideal world.

Back
Top Bottom