Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sure, well again, if that's the price of weaseling out of this Eriksen mess without losing our shirts, then it's perfectly good business.

Maybe there are other options, but if it's that or nothing you do that.

My point is that they won't BUY Eriksen just to find Ceballos a loan deal... That's crazy talk.... Plenty other places would take him on loan if that's all their motivation is.

Last edited:
Crazy that people think Atletico, Juve and Napoli are interested in “championship level” players and after three years still can’t see why Trippier at his best is an asset to this club and losing him actually weakens us.
Crazy people includes Poch, I guess, since that would be the only reason he is on the move. Pretty sure they aren't getting their transfer advice from this forum.

This seems to have originated from Football London, would prefer to hear something other than from there tbh before getting carried away.

Considering they have played up every full back link and have had more articles about KT leaving that any other...the cynic in me thinks they play up to forum consensus for the clicks tbh.

We cant go with Foyth, KWP and Aurier...that would be a fucking disaster.

Indeed and apologies. I find it frustrating but know when to stop.

I shall sit and watch for a few days.

Bollocks you do...... People have been sick of your shit for weeks now.

Let's not forget you laid your stall out before the window even opened:

Your words: "If we haven't signed someone by 10/06/19 I will melt hard"

You stopping posting altogether just says you haven't got it in you to be any different and will resume usual service once the yellow is gone.

Last edited:
Seriously.... Why the fuck would you encourage him? :pochshock:

Unless you're cheering him on to get the red.... :levywhoa:
Because there is free speech on here, or supposed to be anyway. So he moans about lack of transfer activity? So what? There are people saying a lot worse things.

Loan deal with reduced weekly salary?

Two year loan, paying 25% of his salary (£350,000 a week after tax)

25% = £87,500 per week + 45% English income tax £39,375 = £126.875

However, who in their right mind would sign off on a deal like that lol!

2 year loan?
25%?
Why are you adding 45% English income tax on 25% of an after tax figure?

Sorry I disagreed because it looked like nonsense? Care to elaborate?

IF we sell Tripps and don't have a replacement lined up, it will be a disaster.

Also what the fuck is this about Saliba, Ceballos & Dani Alves preferring Woolwich over us?

The media are still trying to push the little neighbour narrative which is absolute bollocks. If we really wanted any of the 3 we would get it done. I never personally never wanted Ceballos, but if we don't get Lo Celso I will be absolutely gutted.

Last edited:
My point is that they won't BUY Eriksen just to find Ceballos loan deal... That's crazy talk.... Plenty other places would take him on loan if that's all their motivation is.

Well not necessarily. If Ceballos will only leave to places where he'll get game time and can play in the CL without any option to buy, that's a pretty limited pool of suitors. We're doing them a favor here, as others have pointed out.

Crazy that people think Atletico, Juve and Napoli are interested in “championship level” players and after three years still can’t see why Trippier at his best is an asset to this club and losing him actually weakens us.
Hmm so club status of those chasing means he's good.
De ligt for over 50M when we have Foyth who has PL experience?
I’ve seen that Ajax kid destroyed many a time, but he scores the odd header so is world class.
Oh dear. This is awkward.

The contradiction within two posts of one another.
He'll learn a lot of Chiellini and Bonucci and Holland will benefit with having the best CB partnership in world football.

IF we sell Tripps and don't have a replacement lined up, it will be a disaster.

Also what the fuck is this about both Saliba, Ceballos & Dani Alves preferring Woolwich over us?

The media are still trying to push the little neighbour narrative which is absolute bollocks. If we really wanted any of the 3 we would get it done. I never personally never wanted Ceballos, but if we don't get Lo Celso I will be absolutely gutted.

No idea on Saliba, but taking a player on loan with no option to buy is lame as fuck. You have to rebuild your midfield next season again.

Reeks of Spam. The Scum are desperate.

Hmm so club status of those chasing means he's good.
No top teams usually want crap players
Oh dear. This is awkward.

The contradiction within two posts of one another.
He'll learn a lot of Chiellini and Bonucci and Holland will benefit with having the best CB partnership in world football.
Hes no more than potential though.
It’s a punt.....the level of clubs after him doesn’t make him experienced.

Back
Top Bottom