Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've not had much interaction with him, I don't know his views on other things based on his spurs views that I've seen that wouldn't be enough to put me off going for a drink with him.

There's a good reason for that... It's cos he posts nothing BUT whinging and moaning.... As rhetorical as my question was, I asked would you WANT to drink with someone like that, not the inverse.... You're answer bottles the question.

I still don't understand why you going to stop moaning though. It makes your position weaker.

Fucking hell..... If you want it that bad, can you not just get the insipid arse to just PM you his bullshit instead.

Why would you think that when we have KWP and Aurier?
I hope I'm wrong and I hope poch see's something I don't, but I really can't see KWP working as our first choice RB.

Aurier is currently injured and has been injured on and off since christmas time. Going in to the season with Aurier and KWP as our RB's is a no from me.

You wot???
Not being the right type of player for us - you are probably right there because he is an absolute game changer. We don't have them do we - and when we do, they quickly leave.

Buying young and developing has been our transfer policy for years. It's worked, and got us to where we have been the last 5 seasons or so. There's a final push needed to get us over the line - and for me it's a proper world class game changer. You don't get many teams celebrating the biggest honours without players like this, and as far as I see in our squad we simply don't have one. Dele maybe on a good day, but once he is doing it every week - I expect he will fuck us off for pastures new.

Regarding the finances - 60 mil is a hefty chunk for us, but now proven to not be outside of what we are prepared to pay for players. It's a good sized fee but not astronomical in this market. But I think it's the salary that people are more concerned about stretching us.
If he joined on 200k per week, that's in line with Kane isn't it? The sort of money you would have to expect any world class player we sign to get paid as a minimum. Unless you want to tell me you think Bale is worth 60k per week and is about as valuable to us as Lamela or something - we are splitting the difference of 100k per week or 5.2mil per year.
For me that's not overly risky financially. Especially when I would expect a lot of his contract to consist of bonuses for appearances and goals.
I would go as far as to say his name alone would be financially beneficial to us for a similar sum at least.

Get your point about leaving the 300k+ players to those others clubs for now. I dont want to see us wasting money on players that potentially go all Ozil on us. The flip side is that all the while we don't match those kinds of figures, more situations like Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale, Walker, Rose, Eriksen will continue to arise.
We are financially capable of paying 1 or 2 of the best players in the world this kind of money, I don't personally see it as a risk for Bale because I have watched him closely for a very long time, and fail to see anything other than a player that would take us a step beyond where we are now. Very few players we are capable of signing do that - and think Bale falls into this category of us not being capable of signing.

Real are a horrible club with a horrible fan base. Zidane wants to get rid of him and Perez wants him to stay as far as I can see. If they genuinely want to offload him most likely with an eye on FFP, I'm far from one to look at the actions of that club as a benchmark of 'the right thing to do'.

To sign a world class player this summer is certainly to do with our future. How the world including other players perceive us. Looking at the past is important too for realising where you have come from and learning from situations - but this has got nothing to do with him being possibly the biggest game changer we have ever had in the past. It's what he still is capable of now.
Who the fuck comes off the bench in a champions league final and scored and overhead kick?
Big player with big bollocks. Exactly what we need. I would see his signing now as a potential catalyst for stature growth much further into the future.

I also don't doubt that he would be one of our best players if he were to join. I wouldn't expect him to do shit like he did before - but would be expecting him to get things over the line in big games. Perhaps not from 30 yards or even overhead kicks - but big moments where you need someone capable of not losing their shit because of the situation.

Aint happening - but hypothetically I would take him all day.
What is the big beef between GB and RM? I seem to have lost all sense of reality in this TW. And memory too.....
I'm now expecting us to be linked with Correa - given his nationality and current club.

Is Jose Gimenez outside of our reach too?

There's a good reason for that... It's cos he posts nothing BUT whinging and moaning.... As rhetorical as my question was, I asked would you WANT to drink with someone like that, not the inverse.... You're answer bottles the question.
No it doesn't. This is your view of what he's like, I like to make up my own mind.

What is the big beef between GB and RM? I seem to have lost all sense of reality in this TW. And memory too.....

Zidanne doesn't rate him yet Bale earns 600kpw after tax. He still has 2 (3?) seasons left on his contract.... Injury history means clubs are unlikely to invest big money in him even if RM do subsidise a big chunk of is wages.

Back
Top Bottom