Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is a difference between wanting your team to sign someone and acting like it's the end of the work as we know it. Some of the comments ( it's a disaster, shambolic, we're pathetic, embarrassing and so on) are laughable. How the fuck is it embarrassing? Oooo someone will go " haha you didn't sign anyone" over the water cooler at work? Well, so fucking what .if that bothers you you're a grade A cunt.)
For the record, yeah, if people are gonna go then we should get someone in. But I'm comfortable with none in, none out for this window

Oh do fuck off pal. This current Spurs side have proven year in year out they don't have what it takes to go that extra mile and win trophies, so clearly enforcements are needed so we can push forward as a club. How is signing no one acceptable in your deluded world ? whilst pretty much everyone around us is improving. Guarantee you will be first on here pissing and moaning if Spurs miss out on top 4 and lose our top players next year.

Fair enough, but performances 18 months ago shouldn't dictate transfer/new contract policy now.

He's thoroughly fucked himself the past 12 months.
So what are you suggesting mate? We agree to this schalke loan, davies pulls a hammy and then we are fucked for the first half of the season?

Don't get me wrong I would much rather we sold Danny & Toby and brought in fresh blood but it is way too late now. We have to work with what we have, they both have proved that they have the potential to be world beaters, if we can build bridges then that is what we must do.

Otherwise we are just left with disgruntled players that under perform, it is the clubs fault for not sorting this shit out earlier. Poch needs to swallow his pride with this one, this is the situation we are in now.

latest

Might not be a popular opinion, but Moura and Lamela and are basically like new signings this year like it or not, and no good striker will come here to sit on the bench so we don’t need more forwards.

We don’t need another defender if Toby is willing to stay and give 100% same as Luka did when he wanted to leave.

Only concern for me is no midfielder in with Winks, Wanyama and Dembele all coming back from injury and a risk if they will be the same, but at the same time I don’t ever expect us to be held to ransom.

So overall not the end of the world if we don’t sign anyone although will be a bit of a disappointment especially if Moussa gets injured again

That’s fine, and I don’t disagree but I do worry about DM. If winks, Wanyama, Dier and Dembele were all fit and firing then I’m happy but they’re not are they?

I see the heavens have opened over London... pfft, typical English Summer!!

At least any Sycophantic SSN reporter waiting outside Spurs Lodge just to put the boot in and impress Jim White will get a thorough soaking!

Just read this on another forum - Not sure what you lot think of it??

Forget these amateurs;) listen to Why do we bother? Because my “sources” told me tonight that.....
Toby and Martial will be involved in a swap deal, with “no” money changing hands, the only reason this deal hasn’t went through already is for 2 reasons, 1- Martials agent was keeping options open for a better financial package which hasn’t bared fruit, tho the players 1st choice was always Spurs and now it has been accepted by all parties, 2-Levy held firm (can’t believe I’m saying that) with Utd, who value Martial at 70m and Toby at 50m, Utd cracked!!

Ryan Sessegnon is a done deal, a deal which will end up around 60m. Hold up was, Fulham wanting 2 players and a sell on clause, that percentage has now been agreed and the 2 players are Dembele and Foyth, again no cash changing hands!!

Cash will change hands however in the CM department, we kept our powder dry for this one, Kovacic was a target and all effort was made, but Chelsea had the ace up their sleeve, and considering he is only on loan showed Madrid’s reluctantly to sell outright at this point. We are watching Paul Pogbas situation and will go in late for Denis Suárez!!

Still looking to buy a striker, all hinging on Jansen sorting out his future and Llorente, who was initially offered to Fulham, Stoke are showing a late interest!!

One of our Goalkeepers may leave!!

Rose will leave!!

Most in Loan will remain on loan!!

What the fuck is this shite?!

:deledoubt:

So what are you suggesting mate? We agree to this schalke loan, davies pulls a hammy and then we are fucked for the first half of the season?

Don't get me wrong I would much rather we sold Danny & Toby and brought in fresh blood but it is way too late now. We have to work with what we have, they both have proved that they have the potential to be world beaters, if we can build bridges then that is what we must do.

Otherwise we are just left with disgruntled players that under perform, it is the clubs fault for not sorting this shit out earlier. Poch needs to swallow his pride with this one, this is the situation we are in now.
This Schalke loan deal sounds like paper talk. Much like everything else this summer.

This is the thing with a lot of you guys, you worry about hypotheticals rather than reality. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Serge Aurier's best performance last season was at LB against Liverpool. Jan Vertonghen can play LB and does very well. KWP can play left back. Davies can be covered with or without Rose.

The only ''worry'' in our squad is CM. Everything else is lovely. Even then, Winksy being back will be a dream there.

Before this window started the only things we absolutely had to do, was tie down Harry Kane and Mauricio Pochettino. As long as they are here, the project has it's vanguard in place and will continue rolling.

Back
Top Bottom