Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very happy to be keeping arguably our best CB
Yeah, I don't think people have an issue with that. We have adequate cover in CB with or without him. What is annoying is the CM situation. Winks has barely played for a year. Dembele is unfit. Wanyama is unfit/injured. I do not think Dier is good enough at CM. We need a creative player to pull the strings and maybe even another DM with Wanyama seemingly being perpetually injured.

The idea that players that poch wants and we could pay them don’t exist is ridiculous. We ain’t that special. Our depth is slightly above average. And even couldn’t sell the deadwood. Very bad from levy this summer. At all levels.

It really is quite incredible how the Grealish fiasco has panned out. We've gone from looking like crafty school yard bullies trying to swoop in cheap when Villa were in trouble to somehow inexplicably being embroiled in a deadline day showdown being made to look like absolute mugs. And if(big if) he actually does sign, he will probably cost us north of 30 million, and will in all likelihood be our only signing of the window. The guy is a Championship midfielder, playing for a mid table club, we are a club who've qualified for the Champions League for three straight seasons...
I'm sorry, but if anyone still can't see how utterly shambolic this is I genuinely don't know what to say....

To be fair, Villa's owners might have known about the buy out plans already (say a few months' worth of due diligence), and still fended off any interest in Grealish to keep that deal going.

Oh do fuck off pal. This current Spurs side have proven year in year out they don't have what it takes to go that extra mile and win trophies, so clearly enforcements are needed so we can push forward as a club. How is signing no one acceptable in your deluded world ? whilst pretty much everyone around us is improving. Guarantee you will be first on here pissing and moaning if Spurs miss out on top 4 and lose our top players next year.

Common sense . Well said
....and my work here is done!
:troll:

Yeah, I don't think people have an issue with that. We have adequate cover in CB with or without him. What is annoying is the CM situation. Winks has barely played for a year. Dembele is unfit. Wanyama is unfit/injured. I do not think Dier is good enough at CM. We need a creative player to pull the strings and maybe even another DM with Wanyama seemingly being perpetually injured.

Sissoko ;)

Nothing's happening, so maybe it's time for who can find the best "I feel like this" GIF.

I'll start...

tumblr_mdwqhpDPdq1rlseiyo1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom