Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see the heavens have opened over London... pfft, typical English Summer!!

At least any Sycophantic SSN reporter waiting outside Spurs Lodge just to put the boot in and impress Jim White will get a thorough soaking!

It's happened already, with a pretty entertaining thread to while away a few more minutes on the countdown:

Interesting to note how many of those recalibrating their spin to "I'm happy with none in, none out" were saying this earlier in the thread.

The answer is none. Zero

Yeah but that's bollocks , I'd like a lot of things to happen in life that don't , you can still be reasonably pleased by the way things turned out, the main thing that I wanted to happen has Harry and Poch signed up.

I worry also but aagain what half decent DM is gonna transfer to a club knowing they will be 3rd or 4th choice
Then what's the whole point of having a squad of 25...

If NO ONE is prepared to fight for their place, or do something to offer competition to those who ARE ahead in the pecking order, then we may as well just have 11 players at each club, and that's it!

Imagine if there were just 220 Premier League Players....?
That's a LOT of deadwood to share around the 72 EFL clubs!

Oh do fuck off pal. This current Spurs side have proven year in year out they don't have what it takes to go that extra mile and win trophies, so clearly enforcements are needed so we can push forward as a club. How is signing no one acceptable in your deluded world ? whilst pretty much everyone around us is improving. Guarantee you will be first on here pissing and moaning if Spurs miss out on top 4 and lose our top players next year.
Common sense . Well said

It really is quite incredible how the Grealish fiasco has panned out. We've gone from looking like crafty school yard bullies trying to swoop in cheap when Villa were in trouble to somehow inexplicably being embroiled in a deadline day showdown being made to look like absolute mugs. And if(big if) he actually does sign, he will probably cost us north of 30 million, and will in all likelihood be our only signing of the window. The guy is a Championship midfielder, playing for a mid table club, we are a club who've qualified for the Champions League for three straight seasons...
I'm sorry, but if anyone still can't see how utterly shambolic this is I genuinely don't know what to say....

Where's Damiao at these days. Maybe it's time to make that a reality lol

:levyeyes:

One of the most stupid transfer sagas in recent(ish) memory. A bunch of idiots who don't know anything about how Brazilian football actually works, noticed that he'd scored a load of goals over the previous few months. Hey presto - massive fee on his head and linked to us.

In the real world, Brazilian teams play an extended 'competitive' pre-season in which they take part in regional championships - the equivalent of Spurs being in the same league as Barnet and Enfield. He'd scored a bunch of sitters and headers against terrible opposition and never looked like being the real deal.

We dodged a bullet there.

Back
Top Bottom