Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are a shitload of CMs that could improve or add something to our team. That was all we needed. Either poch is stubborn and won't consider players not on the "list" or levy is stubborn and won't pay up (my money is on a combination/ of the two). I feel like we could have looked at bailey, weigl, etc. and got them. Without selling Toby; a quality winger and CM was all we needed to buy, instead we're left with a team who hasn't trained together for more than a few days, with players who the manager wants out and without players that he wanted in. What a shambles.
Errrrr if there is no one new, this team have been training together for the best part of 2 years

Just read this on another forum - Not sure what you lot think of it??

Forget these amateurs;) listen to Why do we bother? Because my “sources” told me tonight that.....
Toby and Martial will be involved in a swap deal, with “no” money changing hands, the only reason this deal hasn’t went through already is for 2 reasons, 1- Martials agent was keeping options open for a better financial package which hasn’t bared fruit, tho the players 1st choice was always Spurs and now it has been accepted by all parties, 2-Levy held firm (can’t believe I’m saying that) with Utd, who value Martial at 70m and Toby at 50m, Utd cracked!!

Ryan Sessegnon is a done deal, a deal which will end up around 60m. Hold up was, Fulham wanting 2 players and a sell on clause, that percentage has now been agreed and the 2 players are Dembele and Foyth, again no cash changing hands!!

Cash will change hands however in the CM department, we kept our powder dry for this one, Kovacic was a target and all effort was made, but Chelsea had the ace up their sleeve, and considering he is only on loan showed Madrid’s reluctantly to sell outright at this point. We are watching Paul Pogbas situation and will go in late for Denis Suárez!!

Still looking to buy a striker, all hinging on Jansen sorting out his future and Llorente, who was initially offered to Fulham, Stoke are showing a late interest!!

One of our Goalkeepers may leave!!

Rose will leave!!

Most in Loan will remain on loan!!

That Poch fully backs them and trusts them and doesn't think that there's anyone out there who is realistically available and is better than them.

I get your point though, I think a little more competition could be a good thing.

There isn't any realistically available player that would improve us. Sorry, but that's bs. The club failed this summer.

Sky Sports reporting no more bids expected to go in for Grealish. Whether thats Levy trying to play Villa's owners or we have other targets now remains to be seen.

It'll be interesting to see whether they panic come January and try and offload him. FFP could kill them.

Sign Jack Garleash when we have mids in Lamela, Lucas, Dembele, Dier, Son, Dele, Eriksen, Winks, Wanyama, Sissoko, Nkoudou & Ononmah. Just saying.
One of those is broken, two are injury prone, one is a defensive midfielder, five are better further up the field, two are fucking shit and one was kept out of the Villa team by a certain Jack Grealish

Danny to Schalke would be the worst move we could do. We CANNOT go a season with only one recognised left back. Poch needs to swallow his pride and open up a dialogue with Danny and Toby again, the season before last they were two of our best players.

If they are staying they NEED to be playing. . .
Danny Rose is not one of our best players.

He's not even a starter.

Just read this on another forum - Not sure what you lot think of it??

Forget these amateurs;) listen to Why do we bother? Because my “sources” told me tonight that.....
Toby and Martial will be involved in a swap deal, with “no” money changing hands, the only reason this deal hasn’t went through already is for 2 reasons, 1- Martials agent was keeping options open for a better financial package which hasn’t bared fruit, tho the players 1st choice was always Spurs and now it has been accepted by all parties, 2-Levy held firm (can’t believe I’m saying that) with Utd, who value Martial at 70m and Toby at 50m, Utd cracked!!

Ryan Sessegnon is a done deal, a deal which will end up around 60m. Hold up was, Fulham wanting 2 players and a sell on clause, that percentage has now been agreed and the 2 players are Dembele and Foyth, again no cash changing hands!!

Cash will change hands however in the CM department, we kept our powder dry for this one, Kovacic was a target and all effort was made, but Chelsea had the ace up their sleeve, and considering he is only on loan showed Madrid’s reluctantly to sell outright at this point. We are watching Paul Pogbas situation and will go in late for Denis Suárez!!

Still looking to buy a striker, all hinging on Jansen sorting out his future and Llorente, who was initially offered to Fulham, Stoke are showing a late interest!!

One of our Goalkeepers may leave!!

Rose will leave!!

Most in Loan will remain on loan!!

So we are going to complete more transfers in 5 hours than we have in 5 years......

This is a diabolical fuck up. Everyone has moved forward apart from us. It’s not even the fact we haven’t signed anyone, it’s the fact that we still have multiple players here that aren’t comitted to the cause, Toby, Danny and even Dembele could cause some serious shit in the dressing room this season.

If we aren’t signing anyone then we need to be making a statement and tying them all down to new contracts so that atleast the squad we do have will be settled and we can kick on.

I actually can’t see the thinking behind this madness from Levy.
I don't think Dembele will cause trouble. He really wants to leave because he's less able to play PL every season. It's not dough or trophies with him.
Toby - could go either way. I suspect that he would understand that we don't want to sell to ManU but if he doesn't see ambition or money then he might well start to agitate.
Danny - I reckon he might well have had the stuffing knocked out of him after last season but I still think he is the most likely to cause ructions

Back
Top Bottom