Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's looks like Villa have new ownership, who are not short of cash . According to the shit press they would demand 30+.
At that price is he worth it as he may be 2 years away from the first 11 ?

Apparently their issue is FFP - having new owners does nothing to help that situation

They still need to sell Grealish and he's their only real saleable asset

I genuinely hope so; hard lessons may teach others and the bubble bursting woukd benefit us more than most, but flawed ownership will always be a thing.

I guess my broader point tho is that teams without EPL TV riches accross Europe still manage to operate a similar model to ours without engaging with this area of the market; so what's stopping us sidestepping it too?

Are we honestly that fucked in terms of lacking homegrown players?
Everton had 12 last year from Jan
Gylfi
Rooney
Pickford
Garbutt
Keane
Schneiderlin
Williams
McCarthy
Bolasie
Walcott
Baines
Jaglielka

They also had Holgate Calvert lewin and Davies in the squad

It's looks like Villa have new ownership, who are not short of cash . According to the shit press they would demand 30+.
At that price is he worth it as he may be 2 years away from the first 11 ?

They still need to sell their wage bill is to high and money pumped into the club by owners doesn’t count on FFP. Unless you just do what City do and cover it under insane sponsorship deals..

They still need to sell their wage bill is to high and money pumped into the club by owners doesn’t count on FFP. Unless you just do what City do and cover it under insane sponsorship deals..

Slightly easier to do when you are City or PSG, the sponsorship deals have to stand to scrutiny as being 'market deals'.

If you are winning the league then even a record sponsorship deal can be argued to be legit.......

Apparently their issue is FFP - having new owners does nothing to help that situation

They still need to sell Grealish and he's their only real saleable asset

Yep, it's either sell Grealish plus a couple others or sell half their squad.

They spent big money in their first two seasons in the Championship, hoping they'd go straight back up, and it's bitten them in the backside!

Grealish, according to some professional-ish scouting types, is a very promising young player who is stuck in a shit team with bad coaching. A relocation could fix that. He's a terrible shooter, but a great passer. So, we stick him further back in midfield so he can't shoot and...

I'll be the first to admit that I don’t know a lot about FFP. But it’s obviously a joke when clubs like Bournemouth and Villa are caught up in it, while the blatant contraveners just keep doing their business. That doesn’t sound like “fair play” to me.

I'll be the first to admit that I don’t know a lot about FFP. But it’s obviously a joke when clubs like Bournemouth and Villa are caught up in it, while the blatant contraveners just keep doing their business. That doesn’t sound like “fair play” to me.

They have both broken the rules of the Football League - which are different to those of the Premier League and Uefa.

It's a completely different definition of "fair" not big clubs getting away with breaking the rules because of who they are.

Biggest problem with FFP was it was brought in to late. The writing was on the wall when Chelsea came about what was gonna happen. Instead they waited until the like of City and PSG ruined the transfer market to do anything about it. Basically making football a cartel where the rich clubs control everything, and the old historic clubs like us Liverpool in the PL and Dortmund and Atletico abroad are constatly playing catch up knowing that the cartel clubs are always trying to steal our players to remove us as threats. And then the clubs like us have basically been condemned to mediocrity for life

Speak for yourself. I'm pretty zen about our squad. I'd love a new central midfielder, but we have a young squad with the best coach in world football right now. Making signings is only one way to improve a football team.
I respectfully disagree. A CM isn't enough.
We need about 3 signings.

Upgrade on Janssen/Llorente.
Upgrade on Sissoko.
Additional CM/AM depth.

One of them needs to be home grown.

Back
Top Bottom