Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loan back to a certain club in the midlands as a deal sweetener perhaps. The more I look at our squad the more I think Dembele is staying this year.
To a certain extent it's irrelevant if he stays or goes, we still need to replace him with a top-class alternative. He's visibly declining, both in terms of resistance to injury and recovery time needed and his form if we're being honest - he was poor for the best part of last season and there was a good reason Martínez didn't use him more in the World Cup.

If he does stay I'd far rather see him come on to close a game out with 20 mins to go than flog him to death in the hope he recovers his 2016-17 form.

To a certain extent it's irrelevant if he stays or goes, we still need to replace him with a top-class alternative. He's visibly declining, both in terms of resistance to injury and recovery time needed and his form if we're being honest - he was poor for the best part of last season and there was a good reason Martínez didn't use him more in the World Cup.

If he does stay I'd far rather see him come on to close a game out with 20 mins to go than flog him to death in the hope he recovers his 2016-17 form.
Shame we had one stand out season from Dembele.
Then again he had injury history at Fulham missed 25 games and had over 170 days out.

116 days out for us and 25 for us which is probably down to Pochettino’s staff as they managed him better.
Most games started 27 for us 15/16 which has fallen each season until 21 last.
From 2273min in 15/16 to 1886 mins last season.

We are just a very different club to those around us.

3rd in a 2 horse race, then 2nd with a record points haul followed by 3rd in a hugely competitive season buys silence to a degree.

Significant and important players and a sought after manager signing extended contracts provides comfort of sorts.

Lets just presune Levy and Pochettino are working to a plan that keeps us in the mix.

Right now we have players who did not set the world cup on fire, but who have nothing to prove and who are tired.

We got to have at least 3 QUALITY additions I would have thought.

Right now we have players who did not set the world cup on fire, but who have nothing to prove and who are tired.

Errr of all the clubs having players featured at the World Cup ours that made it beyond the knock out phases seemed to be pretty much all that went apart from Sonny. FIFA apparently owe us in the region of £6m compensation for players not returning to us on time. I think quite a few of our players set the World Cup on fire, however glad we don’t have to listen to tedious XYZ player is getting sold.

We are just a very different club to those around us.

3rd in a 2 horse race, then 2nd with a record points haul followed by 3rd in a hugely competitive season buys silence to a degree.

Significant and important players and a sought after manager signing extended contracts provides comfort of sorts.

Lets just presune Levy and Pochettino are working to a plan that keeps us in the mix.

Eh?? How many of our players were in the last 4????

Football has official gone mad - apparently Man U value Martial at 100m Euros.....

Chelsea and Bayern Munich plot bid for Anthony Martial

W....T.....F

Martial isn't coming to Spurs for that cash

He isn't going anywhere until he's in the last year of his contract if that's the case. That's about £35m more than his actual worth nobody in their right mind forks that out for a guy that hasn't even made a World Cup squad. Crazy

Football has official gone mad - apparently Man U value Martial at 100m Euros.....

Chelsea and Bayern Munich plot bid for Anthony Martial

W....T.....F

Martial isn't coming to Spurs for that cash

If we don't get Martial that is actually ok- they can't possibly keep both of Rashford and Martial happy as they can't afford to not play Sanchez. Mourinho is setting himself up for an embarrassing meltdown over there. Couldn't happen to a nicer fella...

Neither Martial nor Rashford is worth 100m either so Chelsea and Munich would lose in that scenario too. Neither will pay that much though, I guarantee it.

Back
Top Bottom