Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The mushrooms kicked in big time last night...

Was sure I had Poch's "risks" clear in my head... John Thomas John Thomas was right, we were about to make one or two big name signings. No other way it could be interpreted.

Right?

:pochserious:

Then sammyspurs sammyspurs made me realise that it is riskier to buy players from lower leagues. So I'm wondering if Poch actually meant we're going to buy players from even lower than league 1, all the while he signs a bumper new deal.

:pochsmirk:

SpursFan2000 SpursFan2000 kamikazes in with Post Of The Summer.

i can take a risk on a car and not have buying or spending anyone why and would 10 grand no but then another 10 selling who knows? again an argument and poch said yes and levy said no and that is what i say not surprising me at all who is. good. fine.

Hrytn Hrytn gets in from the pub, ripe for an argument and even though no one seems to know what his argument is, they are only too happy to oblige. (I'm not 100% clear if he is sammyspurs sammyspurs ' un-quoting, linguistically unleashed alter-ego/multi. I wonder how long he can hold out before he links the Oxford dictionary definition of DELUDED).

:avbcringe:

Sammy and ArcspacE ArcspacE actually agreed on something, although they (for once) completely ignored each other's posts.

I was flying by the time Fidel Castro Fidel Castro accused SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur (if only you were a centralist dictator) of getting a bit Mussolini.

Somewhere I watched a match where we had tenuously been linked (on these very pages) with the majority of midfielders on show... Moutinho, Isco, Joao Mario, Bruno Fernandes, Thiago, Iniesta, Quaresma, Carvalho. All of whom look decent btw.

Meanwhile some cunt :cunt: has now started a second transfer thread, which I also have to keep on top of, just because of all the cunt-offs in this one. But all the cunts have got wind and are heading over there so I figure this is the safest place to be.

At the end of it all our spend (fuck all) is directly comparative to our net spend (fuck all) and it even looks like well miss out on Jack Grealish.

I live in fear of the day my wife searches my internet history and sees the shit I've read through on here.

Was sure I had Poch's "risks" clear in my head... John Thomas John Thomas was right, we were about to make one or two big name signings. No other way it could be interpreted.

Right?

Then sammyspurs sammyspurs made me realise that it is riskier to buy players from lower leagues. So I'm wondering if Poch actually meant we're going to buy players from even lower than league 1, all the while he signs a bumper new deal.

Hrytn Hrytn gets in from the pub, ripe for an argument and even though no one seems to know what his argument is, they are only too happy to oblige. (I'm not 100% clear if he is sammyspurs sammyspurs ' un-quoting, linguistically unleashed alter-ego/multi. I wonder how long he can hold out before he links the Oxford dictionary definition of DELUDED).

Sammy and ArcspacE ArcspacE actually agreed on something, although they (for once) completely ignored each other's posts.

I was flying by the time Fidel Castro Fidel Castro accused SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur (if only you were a centralist dictator) of getting a bit Mussolini.

Somewhere I watched a match where we had tenuously been linked (on these very pages) with the majority of midfielders on show... Moutinho, Isco, Joao Mario, Bruno Fernandes, Thiago, Iniesta, Quaresma, Carvalho. All of whom look decent btw.

Meanwhile some cunt :cunt: has now started a second transfer thread, which I also have to keep on top of, just because of all the cunt-offs in this one. But all the cunts have got wind and are heading over there so I figure this is the safest place to be.

At the end of it all our spend (fuck all) is directly comparative to our net spend (fuck all) and it even looks like well miss out on Jack Grealish.

I live in fear of the day my wife searches my internet history and sees the shit I've read through on here.

Take a bow son

Right?

Good summary and good job, daily will be appreciated.

If it is true that Levy is locking horns with Woodward then I can understand Jack taking some time.

Ideally we would solve the Toby/Martial saga as soon as possible so we can focus on other deals

Thats exactly what I said. Shows signs that our over cautious approach is finally being removed
I believe it is more case of affordability, 60K new stadium stadium revenue will allow us to compete with the other top 4 clubs.
My new stadium season ticket nearly doubled.

Last edited:
I don’t mind the Grealish links to be honest.. he can cover a variety of positions. I don’t understand the Barrios news, I’ve never seen him play so I don’t know how good he is, but he seems to be a pure DM and that’s probably one of our strongest positions in the squad. Perhaps one of Dier or Wanyama could be off? I’d hope not. Anyone know much about Barrios

EDIT: unless we’re planning on pushing Eriksen back into the midfield, he could be our new “signing” in the midfield and that could be why we want Martial also.

—-Dier—-Eriksen—
Son—-Alli—-Martial
———Kane———-

Last edited:
Don't really understand the Barrios links. He's a dm and I'd say we're pretty stacked in that position unless Dier is moved to cb or Wanyama is off (which I hope he isn't). Wanyama imo is our best cdm and just needs to find his feet again after his injury. If Barrios is the Dembele replacement I might start crying

All those punting for Grealish - how many times did you see him play last season?
He was injured for some of the season, but looked good in the play-offs. Had a look to see how Onomah was doing but he always seemed to be on the bench.
We need to strengthen our squad and not necessarily look for direct first XI replacements. He needs to come in and fight for a place. He can start in the cup competitions and on the bench, and cover for injuries.
We seem to find space for Sissoko and Lamella.
With Dembele possibly leaving; Winks yet to consistently prove himself after injury, Wanyama a shadow of his former self and Moura waiting in the wings, Grealish could be a useful squad addition - if he's willing to fight for his place.
Pochettino will sort him out.

Back
Top Bottom