Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You could both be right about this: If we get 30 million euros for Dembele, the Chinese club has to pay a fine (or call it an import tax) that could possibly double it, making them pay 60 million in total

OK so it appears Dembele is going to be sold from anywhere between 30-60 million euros
If that's how things are done these days, I couldn't give a shit anymore....
Let the Chinese pay whatever they think they should pay... TAX ALLOWING!
They're only paying for the import of more knee-length socks for their teenage girls... or is that the Japenese?
I forget these days.... I SO LACIST!

Funny... Literally a day after strong sources said Dembele's agent is in Italy, we've apparently reached a deal with an unknown Chinese team

:levylol:

Last edited:
Funny... Literally a day after strong sources said Dembele's agent is in Italy, we've apparently reached a deal with an unknown Chinese team

:levylol:
Plot twist: Dembele's agent was meeting the Chinese team their representatives in Italy too
I'm wondered this theory hasn't been claimed by some ITK yet :levylol:

FragrantAnimatedAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif

I love how people have assumed what Poch meant when he said ''risk'' is spend 100m on a player. Signing a player from the Champo is also a risk.
Is that what you thought he meant by risk? Signing cheap players from the championship. Just wondering if that's what you really think he meant. Also, considering the groundbreaking ticket prices
we're being asked to pay, is it really not too unreasonable for fans to expect a big name marquee signing or two to get the juices flowing?

I believe he has already stated to be open to a move to China, however Napoli would be a somewhat attractive option too: playing alongside one of his best friends, Dries Mertens

(yet Napoli won't be able to offer the big bucks, which will be the deal breaker I believe)

Spending 100m of your budget on 1 player is a bigger risk than spending 5m on a lower league player. If the 5m player fails, you move on easily = minimal risk. If your 100m player breaks down, you are fucked = bigger risk.

You are ignoring the part about buying a proven world class player though and talking as if they are both champo players.
Buying Bale is less of a risk than buying Grealish.

If you buy a lower league player for 5M the risk that he wont hit the heights straight away is a lot higher than if you buy a world class player for 100M. The risk that your targets are not met come the end of the season is much higher.

Why have you assumed Poch means risking our finances? He has said the opposite several times over.

Agents fees and sign on fees so he wouldn't be free....

Then of course I'd guess there would be Sporting's lawyers all over the players and 'buying clubs' contesting the fact that the players unilaterally declared that their contracts were broken and demanding compensation......so its unknown how much they might cost
I agree but still cheaper than buying him while under contract and I believe he was a player we have been interested in the past.

Is that what you thought he meant by risk? Signing cheap players from the championship. Just wondering if that's what you really think he meant. Also, considering the groundbreaking ticket prices
we're being asked to pay, is it really not too unreasonable for fans to expect a big name marquee signing or two to get the juices flowing?
I don't know what he meant.

I'm not into putting words in Poch's mouth.

Back
Top Bottom