Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comments by players on our lack of signings is code for we expect some signings.

When the squad is stretched during the trying months their tone soon changes.

It is just a means to answer a question without being openly critical.

Closest thing I have seen to a signing for us this transfer window.......

DFTJpRWXUAARW-5

:angryscouser:
Are we in 2002? Because at that time I didn't know how to speak English

Scott knows better though. As he does everyone.

Again your talking about me, after you said you put me on ignore. So sad.
Find a new interest.
Its you starting conversations with me or bringing my name up.

& mr eriksen wouldn't be able to back up his opinion with an english team who regularly win things like titles without spending big.

& rose thinks we should spend if we want to win things.

& mr eriksen wouldn't be able to back up his opinion with an english team who regularly win things like titles without spending big.

Your right.. Rose did say that. And his words were ridiculed by those on here by those who thought they knew better than him. But when Christian speaks, we must take his word as gospel.
Weird

No he didnt, he feels we need to make one marquee signing to help us push forward.
That could be Darmian Gray for 20M if he has an impact like Wanyama.

He said nothing about spending big.

"It's difficult for us as a club to compete with City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Woolwich. The aim for the club should be to find the next Dele. I know it's easier said than done but to find someone from the lower leagues and make them a star.

"For the next season coming, we have to do a lot better in the Champions League and make one marquee signing that can help us push forward."

The club and the players do not share your opinion Scott.
Accept it and move on.

Again your talking about me, after you said you put me on ignore. So sad.
Find a new interest.
Its you starting conversations with me or bringing my name up.

So basically your stance is that to win titles regularly teams need to spend big? I'm asking because I'm a little unsure.

So basically your stance is that to win titles regularly teams need to spend big? I'm asking because I'm a little unsure.
Also Danny Rose said we need to look to the lower leagues and find another Dele as we can't compete with City, Chelsea and Liverpool etc (financially).

Scott thinks that means he said we need to spend big.

Maybe Scott thinks Rose wants us to pay 80M for some Division 3 teenage hopefull

Eriksen is a top lad.

Can't believe it's gonna be his 5th season here.
1 of my favourite players. & he is still only 25, so not even reached his peak yet.
I think when he is around 28 he will start dominating games even more.
His middle name is Dannemann so that makes him even cooler.

This is where spending less on signing players helps as we can use it to give key performers like eriksen regular pay rises to keep them happy.

Ha I know. Some still don't get it despite me boring everyone & having to repeat it.
So they force me in to pointing out that know one has done it.
I was forced to repeat "titles" loads because I was told leicester or europa league winners.

Your right.. Rose did say that. And his words were ridiculed by those on here by those who thought they knew better than him. But when Christian speaks, we must take his word as gospel.
Weird
Exactly. Then they post cringing digs which makes no sense at posters like me by using those player quotes.
I never said I knew better than eriksen.
I even said all top flight pro's will know way more about football than anyone on this forum.
Then some idiot says eriksen says this but scott knows best (despite me saying the exact opposite about what we know).
They are resorting to just making up stuff so they can have cheap shots which make no sense anyway.

Probably been said but we have a team full of marque players. If we spend 5,10,15 million on another player who turns into a Dier,Dele,Toby, Wanyama or Eriksen type, then I would be delighted. Who wouldn't?
None of those players came here for big figures & the players who have been "big money signings" haven't really set the world alight...I can only think recently of Sonny & even he struggled in his first season.
We have (by & large) boxed clever in a market where paying over the odds has become the norm.
It's frustrating that any targets have not been snapped up by now, but only insofar as it gives Poch less time pre season.

The key for me was always keeping the current bunch together & with one notable exception we've achieved that so far. I'd be far happier tying Toby down to a new & improved contract, & getting in a ready to go RB as support for Trippier rather than spunking the budget on an expensive name who would expect top dollar wages & to walk into the team. Poch doesn't work like that & any incomings would have to force their way into what is already a very good team.

I'm sure we will continue to box clever & continue to be the envy of most.

COYS

See City spending has now hit 175 million with 3 or 4 players more that they are looking at.

I mean what is the minimun that fcuking cry baby Guardiola should be expected to win? Unfcuking believable sums and with it insane expectation.

It is not even about competing with that but looking at it with disdain on the one hand a hoping perspective for our club can be maintained on the other.

Really difficult tbough.

Bit aggressive mate. I was just generally curious why it was even mentioned. Does it have to do with you liking Lanzini or something like that? Is Ross Barkley only coming to us if we provide him with a male companion? It doesn't seem very transfer related is all.
I would have lubed up first........

Scott the board Richard ,took a joke I made about coming out (of his ignore list) and decided to go on a homophobia rant about me. He is a silly little boy who thinks I was going to go off on one, I suppose, - ask him, not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom