Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You genuinely don't speak for me.

I laugh that City feel the need to spend another half a billion to try and catch us.
I laugh that Chelsea know their squad had maxed out.
I laugh that Utd won a cup double but know it wasn't the ones they want, so are happy to go and plunge even further into the red on average players while leaving actual young talent rotting on the bench because their "top manager" has no man management or young coaching ability.
I laugh at Woolwich and their Wenger in out fiasco and 40M signings that see them do worse.

I actually do prefer doing it the right way, and if you think that's some kind of crazy talk, then we massively disagree and will never see eye to eye on that issue.

I accept but strongly disagree with your stance, but don't try and say that deep down I don't stand for my own views and agree with you. What a weird way of seeing others.
i wonder why people struggle with that concept?

the sort of people who cry at other peoples birthday parties because they're not getting presents too, presumably

We're trying to compete without spending any money. Some would say penny pinching.

But we do spend money. Where did Sissoko, Janssen and Wanyama come from? Just because we balance it with outgoings doesn't mean we don't spend. You're talking about going into debt when we've got a fuck off great stadium to pay for. Yes, I know it's not my money, but the debt incurred by the stadium build will have to be paid off. That, unfortunately for many, is a fact.

Closest thing I have seen to a signing for us this transfer window.......

DFTJpRWXUAARW-5

:angryscouser:

It's amazing isn't it.....he used signing a player after our best season in history as an example of buying to improve, when after that we never achieved the same level again.
Blimey we won the FA cup ( when it meant something ) again , and then the first British team to win a Euro trophy . That's brilliant success in my book and since we have won fuck all for a generation the self harm brigade are taken the piss out of our greatest team .

Blimey we won the FA cup ( when it meant something ) again , and then the first British team to win a Euro trophy . That's brilliant success in my book and since we have won fuck all for a generation the self harm brigade are taken the piss out of our greatest team .
Who's taking the piss? It's a fact (albeit an inconvenient one) that we didn't win the league again. We didn't improve - that was the point.

Who's taking the piss?

We won the double and someone used signing Greaves to make the point that signings help even when you are the top team.

It was simply pointed out that we won less the season after Greaves was signed.

The irony is fools today would have probably wanted Bill Nics head for going backwards.

Troll on comrade

oh get you, you big butch new age superman!
you are so easy to take the piss out of I don't think I'll bother. like shooting ducks in a barrel

I'm in a perfectly amenable mood thanks, and you still give off the same vibe.
This is you in an amenable mood!
It is easy to take the piss out of anyone.
We are getting nowhere, so I will leave you with the advice you seek on forums.
Look at the difference in the way you replied to my post about the ignore list & mouses. Enjoy another grumpy weekend.
Good day to you Mr happy go lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom