Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
But when you do it it's alright right? Can you not see that the vast majority of my posts are highly amusing and insightful? Everybody says so - can't you SEE? Look a bit harder and you'll find someone who doesn't take himself too seriously, and admits to getting irritated with those that do - like you. Stop pretending to be a football expert all the time, and get off your tall horse.
No it's not. Ur the only one that drags me down to that level tho.

You are right tho. You're a real laugh a minute on here. Right ray of sunshine.
:vertna:

Why does the manager go and not Levy, we have one striker and a trainee DM while other teams don't have the same holes we have. Everyone on this forum was saying the manager needs to be properly back, he hasn't been. How many times have we blamed the manager, sacked him and repeated, we fuck up this season more Spurs fans will blame Levy than Poch.

Ultimately it's the manager who picks the team, sets them out and tells them how to play. I'm assuming that the chairman has no influence on team matters. We have a manager who insists on playing a high line, high pressure style of play. He has been backed (to a degree) in the market and he has to have some say in the players coming and going.

You say he hasn't been backed, but he has received the best part of £100 million in players over the last two summers. We may have recouped pretty much all of that in sales, but he has had players bought for him. If these are not his targets or players he wants, then he has no business saying that he is happy with his squad.

Let's not forget that it won't be Levy's choice to freeze out a £100,000 per week earning striker either.

I'm no Levy apologist, I respect what Enic have done since their arrival and the transformation in almost all aspects of the club since their arrival, but sure, more could have been done - especially following that breakthrough season. And there is no justification for not addressing the two glaringly obvious holes in the squad. However, should we have bought Wanyama/Berahino/A.N.Other regardless of cost? Would Wanyama or Berhanio at £30m plus guarantee us Champion's League Football?

Ultimately the team is picked and motivated by the manager. And this manager, the one before, the one before that and the one before that all have no plan B. We do well against teams that our principal philosophy works against. We generally get routed by teams that can effectively counter.

And that's why he is accountable. For what its worth, I like Poch and think we should persevere for some time as consistancy will bring its own reward.

He is multi-quoting me already. He doesn't usually do that until 1am and it is not even 1pm yet. Think its going to be a long day for the poor guy. Really can't believe he is bringing up Father Ted comparisons. An area I really thought he would avoid

oBEWZIQJ.jpeg

Oh god, I give up with you. Surely you can see that I was joking - wait - you can't, you really can't? You must be really dense.

I said: "Can you not see that the vast majority of my posts are highly amusing and insightful? Everybody says so - can't you SEE?"

Come on - give me a break.

Last edited:
I don't get the "not showing intent" / "missed the big players available" melting when we went out and signed the midfielder who scored more goals than any other in the Bundesliga the past 4 seasons. A guy who fits our style perfectly and was at the heart of blistering attack that his team to the CL.

This is a very good window if it was Son alone. He's a ridiculously good attacker, and should instantly be one of the best in the PL from his first kick of a ball.

But hey, he's not English and doesn't play on Sky in English every Saturday at 1500 so feel free to fucking melt away. I'll enjoy my team having one of the best attackers anywhere.

So I'll ask you again!

Has Lennon been convicted of any wrong doing?

Has Lennon even been charged with anything?

NO!

A lot of players get pissed in nightclubs and are asked to leave!

Even Ledley so what point are you trying to make?

Your level? Setting yourself up as the voice of reason in every thread? You arrogant tink. If you were an ice cream you'd lick yourself - I hate that.

Oh god, I give up with you. Surely you can see that I was joking - wait - you can't, you really can't? You must be really dense.

I said: "Can you not see that the vast majority of my posts are highly amusing and insightful? Everybody says so - can't you SEE?"

Come on - give me a break.
Really can't tell with you tbh. Ur deluded enough.

Really can't tell with you tbh. Ur deluded enough.
Should probably leave this to be fair. He is the guy that said that he would kill himself if he thought people didn't like him on here. He may be a bit of a raving drunken lunatic, but I don't want his death on my hands. So I am out.

Your level? Setting yourself up as the voice of reason in every thread? You arrogant tink. If you were an ice cream you'd lick yourself - I hate that.
Not setting myself up at all. Was an indictment of you level rather than mine. Your level being considerably below the majority on here.

So I'll ask you again!

Has Lennon been convicted of any wrong doing?

Has Lennon even been charged with anything?

NO!

A lot of players get pissed in nightclubs and are asked to leave!

Even Ledley so what point are you trying to make?

So Gibbsy you complete and utter twat, tell us all what you are disagreeing with!

Come on now there's a good boy!

Ultimately it's the manager who picks the team, sets them out and tells them how to play. I'm assuming that the chairman has no influence on team matters. We have a manager who insists on playing a high line, high pressure style of play. He has been backed (to a degree) in the market and he has to have some say in the players coming and going.

You say he hasn't been backed, but he has received the best part of £100 million in players over the last two summers. We may have recouped pretty much all of that in sales, but he has had players bought for him. If these are not his targets or players he wants, then he has no business saying that he is happy with his squad.

Let's not forget that it won't be Levy's choice to freeze out a £100,000 per week earning striker either.

I'm no Levy apologist, I respect what Enic have done since their arrival and the transformation in almost all aspects of the club since their arrival, but sure, more could have been done - especially following that breakthrough season. And there is no justification for not addressing the two glaringly obvious holes in the squad. However, should we have bought Wanyama/Berahino/A.N.Other regardless of cost? Would Wanyama or Berhanio at £30m plus guarantee us Champion's League Football?

Ultimately the team is picked and motivated by the manager. And this manager, the one before, the one before that and the one before that all have no plan B. We do well against teams that our principal philosophy works against. We generally get routed by teams that can effectively counter.

And that's why he is accountable. For what its worth, I like Poch and think we should persevere for some time as consistancy will bring its own reward.

That was incisive and I agree with you up until the last sentence.......

:pochbye:

NEWSFLASH: Forum member has a different opinion but doesn't just cunt off and explains point :dierpochhug:

Dier was our best player along with Rose last game. Dier will have bad games aswell. Just like Matic does. Or Schneiderlin will do. I think Bentaleb is our best passer of the ball and I think them to together with time will be a better partnership than what we had last year. No disrespect to Mason as I do think he gets a raw deal on here sometimes

Bentelab is our best passer of the ball??????

Yes to the opposition!!

Incredible statement!!

:ap:

Bentelab is our best passer of the ball??????

Yes to the opposition!!

Incredible statement!!

:ap:

When Bentaleb has a shocker he has a shocker, Liverpool away last year, Old Trafford on the opening day...but compared to the others in centre mid I think he has, he takes on riskier passes often which is why i guess he can sometimes give it away

Not setting myself up at all. Was an indictment of you level rather than mine. Your level being considerably below the majority on here.
There you go again, press ganging the 'majority' on to your side.

I didn't say you were setting yourself up - although you are.

My level is much higher than yours. I can spell, I'm articulate, I'm funny, I'm attractive to women and I've got more cups than you - so there.

You on the other hand are a pompous windbag who suffers from the delusion that everything you post is unchallengeable pure truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom