Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finished 5th last year and have improved the squad. Not sure what the issue is really.

United have bought a kid, one that now has huge expectation. The bought a declining talent, and complemented him with a fabulous player in Schneiderlin but overall still have glaring weaknesses. Chelsea have a whole host of internal issues it seems and are way off the pace, like us for now. Woolwich just bought a keeper and although he is class, they are putting a huge risk on their squad; a squad that won a cup but didn't compete in the league.

Liverpool have spent silly money again, and I am quite confident that they will flounder 6th or 7th, or in that region.

Everton will not challenge the top 6 at all, neither will Southampton. Palace are evolving but they do not have the depth. The biggest threat to our position this year is Swansea, who I think will be in the top 6 for sure this year.

City will win the league, by some distance this season if early form and intent is anything to go by.

I'm quite happy to finish 5-7th, keeping the manager and allowing for some consistency. If we finish the season in that region, whilst a decent cup run here or there, whilst gelling as a unit and playing some good football, wouldn't you be happy?

If we play good football and come 12th with a good cup run I would be happy.

But we won't play good football.

We will be lucky to finish 9th whilst playing the shittest football I've ever had the displeasure of seeing at the lane.

All your comments are based on the hope that other teams fail. Even if they do it means we have to play well. I just don't see either scenario likely I'm afraid.

We finished 5th last year and have improved the squad. Not sure what the issue is really.

United have bought a kid, one that now has huge expectation. The bought a declining talent, and complemented him with a fabulous player in Schneiderlin but overall still have glaring weaknesses. Chelsea have a whole host of internal issues it seems and are way off the pace, like us for now. Woolwich just bought a keeper and although he is class, they are putting a huge risk on their squad; a squad that won a cup but didn't compete in the league.

Liverpool have spent silly money again, and I am quite confident that they will flounder 6th or 7th, or in that region.

Everton will not challenge the top 6 at all, neither will Southampton. Palace are evolving but they do not have the depth. The biggest threat to our position this year is Swansea, who I think will be in the top 6 for sure this year.

City will win the league, by some distance this season if early form and intent is anything to go by.

I'm quite happy to finish 5-7th, keeping the manager and allowing for some consistency. If we finish the season in that region, whilst a decent cup run here or there, whilst gelling as a unit and playing some good football, wouldn't you be happy?

Unfortunately, it is not about us being happy. If we finish worse off than last year in the league (7th, which is a possibility), then Levy would not be happy and would question his appointment of Poch and players like Hugo, Jan and Kane would not be happy and would fuck off. CL is everything with chairmen and all quality players.

Am I the only one who thinks we have done alright this window? Got rid of most of the rubbish and improved the starting 11 considerably , shame about Saido but we went up to 25 million and that wasn't enough , I like Toby that's a massive improvement straight away Trippier is tried and tested and ready to hit the ground running should we need him Deli Alli looks a snip at 5 million a real prospect and Son and Njie offer us the pace and width we are crying out for. We won't miss any of the ones we let go and there are no deals out there that other clubs have done that I really envy.
Yeah, we've done alright this window but the lack of cover for Kane is ridiculous. It's so unprofessional I can't even believe it. Some users on here are melting completely tho, looking at our squad as a whole it isn't nearly as bad as some are suggesting.

If we play good football and come 12th with a good cup run I would be happy.

But we won't play good football.

We will be lucky to finish 9th whilst playing the shittest football I've ever had the displeasure of seeing at the lane.

All your comments are based on the hope that other teams fail. Even if they do it means we have to play well. I just don't see either scenario likely I'm afraid.

That's fair enough. I'm prepared to give the manager until the end of this season to show he can implement his vision; we have seen glimpses of it at times. If the players can execute what he wants, that is.

Unfortunately, it is not about us being happy. If we finish worse off than last year in the league (7th, which is a possibility), then Levy would not be happy and would question his appointment of Poch and players like Hugo, Jan and Kane would not be happy and would fuck off. CL is everything with chairmen and all quality players.

Hugo is going at some point. Probably next year, Champion's League or not. All the while we either cannot (or will not) compete with signings or wages we will lose these players in the end. Right now we can't pay players silly money. And if we want to still have a football club, nor should we.

Every time your name crops up on here it's usually you slagging someone off. No one gives a shit about your opinion either you melt.

It seems quite a few do. It's vulgar to mention rep, but I do only to refute your statement.

Would you say the things you do in the real world? No. Of course you wouldn't.

Er, yes.

In fact, the majority of cases centre around negative self-image, low self-worth etc... So people like you turn to the internet and abuse people in hope that it might make you feel better about yourself. But putting people down doesn't and despite the thousands of postings and perceived 'seniority', you're still a cunt and you still feel shit about yourself. Get some help; there's tons out there if you look for it. Rotting away on here isn't going to do anything.

Hypocrite no? I questioned your sneaky feelings and your hilarious username, and you go off on a virtual assassination attempt - the worst thing I called you was a stroker - and I stand by that, I really think that it is you who should calm down.

Edit: Your frothing diatribe got more disagrees than agrees. Maybe you should have used the word 'cunt' more often - think on you funny fucker.

Last edited:
Yeah, we've done alright this window but the lack of cover for Kane is ridiculous. It's so unprofessional I can't even believe it. Some users on here are melting completely tho, looking at our squad as a whole it isn't nearly as bad as some are suggesting.

Yeah it's dissapointing but there are clearly a lack of decent strikers out there. Personally I wouldn't mind Adebayor brought in to cover find it ridiculous to freeze him out tbh.

For everyone saying we have strengthened...I would agree that Toby is a great signing & Trippier was needed to push Walker at RB. Njie & Son are exciting prospects but Can they come straight in, improve the first XI & cope with the EPL? I hope so.
However, other teams have strengthened too, so we can't look at our own business in isolation. Are we better equipped now to sustain 5th, or have the teams around us bought better, more proven additions? We haven't had a great start in terms of points, & it's a points business. I would be happy if we ended up a point behind The Chavs by May because they will be in the top 3 despite their crap start (glass half full etc) but I look at the league & think it's more competitive than ever before. A few teams have hit the ground running & we need to bridge a small gap already. The one really positive thing is that we will get to see how good/bad Poch is as a manager. The squad isn't complete, so let's see what he can do with it

e_adebayor.jpg

adebayor-1.jpg

:levylol::levylol::levylol:

The thing that sticks out is we made 4 bids for Berahino....we expected a deal to get done. We wanted Wanyama, and there was enough noise from us and talks between agents for him to hand in a transfer request.

Therefore Poch and Levy clearly thought we needed these 2 players. Despite this he's "happy" with his squad. How can he be, 2 players he arguably wanted to start in the first 11 won't be here.
He's not happy with them. All he's proving is that he's a yes man that'll do what he's told by Levy. I'd have more respect for him if he said fuck this and quit, but he won't.

To see some on here genuinly thinking we could finish as low at 14th is fucking ridiculous. Yes. We should have got a striker. Clearly. But....

We have a better defence than last year. Players like Dier, Mason, Bentaleb will all go on to be better than last season after another year behind them. It will be difficult for N'Jie and Son to be any worse than Lamela and Townsend. Once Eriksen comes back into the 11 we will have a match day squad far better than most.

Oh I'm quite used to it by now. Unfortunately it doesn't make you less boring. It needs some work in that regard.
lol ur such a joke.

I'd definitely rather be considered boring by one sad individual with anger issues than be so widely disliked that I've become accustomed to being binned.

Annoyingly, Wet Spam have also done some good business this window it seems.

A few weeks ago I was chatting to a Marseille fan atop a scenic view over the charming port of Cassis, when he said "who ze fuck are West Ham?". He wasn't happy that a player who created 35% more chances than any other player in Europe (next were Hazard, Messi etc) had gone for under £12m to a shit English club. I agreed with him, but don't feel sorry for the cheese muncher - turns out his English club was Woolwich...

Last edited:
That's fair enough. I'm prepared to give the manager until the end of this season to show he can implement his vision; we have seen glimpses of it at times. If the players can execute what he wants, that is.

Why does the manager go and not Levy, we have one striker and a trainee DM while other teams don't have the same holes we have. Everyone on this forum was saying the manager needs to be properly back, he hasn't been. How many times have we blamed the manager, sacked him and repeated, we fuck up this season more Spurs fans will blame Levy than Poch.

I do think we are getting obsessed with the narrative of having a 'DM'

It's an important role the idea of having a player who protects the back four and gives other players some licence to go forward.

Poch had Schneiderlin and Waynama at Saints so he clearly likes that type of player and is now using Dier in that role. It's almost like a third centre back which is perhaps why we are using Dier.

Not saying we won't use Bentaleb and Mason but they are more naturally attacking players.

Yeah it's dissapointing but there are clearly a lack of decent strikers out there. Personally I wouldn't mind Adebayor brought in to cover find it ridiculous to freeze him out tbh.
No doubt there's a shortage of strikers, United had to pay 36m for Martial. We did have a chance with Berahino tho, Levy screwed up royally. Doubt we'll have a chance signing, does he have another good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom