Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add actually, because its not all roses i probably painted above. My biggest disappointment this window has been the failure to even show an interest in some of the top players that have been moving around. Shaquiri, Cabaye, Illaremendi just to name a few, plenty more. The only player we showed concrete interest in is Berahino and we didnt get him.

CN2R8qOUwAAv03n.jpg
I didn't say all the 90,s , I was born in 93 so that would have been a tad difficult, been regularly going Spurs since 99 , and as I've already said, my original post was an overreaction due to frustration, definitely one of our weakest frontlines in a long time mind

We have a squad that has strengthened in the centreback, rightback and winger positions. People seem to be up in arms about the lack of cover for Kane. What cover was there last season? Adebayor and Soldado are as adequate as playing Clinton and Chadli up front everyday of the week. I'm sure most people would have rated last season as at the very least, a pass mark. People seriously thinking we'll finish 10th need to have their heads checked.
Were we left short in CDM last season? Bentaleb has one poor game and everyone rights him off. It's absurd.

People love to have a whine because top 4 seems out of reach and champions league is for some reason the be all and end all. How about watching the games and trying to enjoy them? We have young academy players that are performing well, something most other top teams do not. We have a core of young English players, something most other top teams do not. Show some love for the players we do have, that seem to love the club, instead of crying because we didn't get the hottest up and coming striker.
Isnt that what Danny boy says .
Pay up and shut up.

My first posting on this site, having given up on footymad, and Devonspur - Bazili - recommended it. Gotta add my two penn'orth. Didn't want us to go for Berahino - reminded me of Commoli's 'inspired' purchase of Bent some years ago - but definitely think that Harry needs some support up front.
I am still unconvinced about Berahino. A player that has publicly said he won't play for the club that still pays his wages is likely to do the same thing again to the next club if a bigger, better deal comes along. It's a nasty, spoilt brat trait.
What amazes me is that we went into the last day of the window, perhaps thinking that all we had to do was edge up the bidding until Peace gave in! Having thought about it, I just wonder if we were ever truly serious about the player? Making 4 bids certainly makes it look like we were moving heaven & earth to get our man, but if Levy already knew the bids would be rejected then it's a crafty way of saying to the fans "we tried". If, as is reported in the BBC, we had no idea what the valuation was, then we should have made one bid ages ago & left it had it been refused. If Levy thought that all he had to do was play the last minute game, then he underestimated Peace very badly. Whichever way you look at it, Levy does not come out of this smelling of roses. We are sat on a pile of money (TV, sponsorship, nil net spend) which is very nice for Levy & co, but it will be little comfort if we don't at least consolidate on last season.
Welcome to the forum btw!!

why do you continue to type .
like this . the full stop . is supposed to go immediately . following the end of the sentence .
dont you know ?
Please forgive me . I am on a tractor at the moment ( very bumpy mans work ) and being honest l struggle to see
the type on my phone . . If l had time l would use my ipad
but tbis is not the case . I have 5 acres to
landscape today .
Thankyou Mr Happy clappy ., pure standard drivel of the Levy cock suckers .

We need other player to start scoring goals. For me this is our biggest hurdle, more goals spread around the team. Mason more than just 2, Dembele 1, Bentaleb 1 and so on.. With the addition of improving our woeful defending, it has to get better regarless of missing out on SB.

Well this is a pointless post. They're not winning FA Cups and playing Bayern Munich in the Champions League because they've bought 0 outfield players. They are there because longevity breeds success. They have stuck with Wenger for 20 years, allowed him to do what he likes, moved into a new stadium which has brought them money like they hadn't seen before. Now imagine if we had that with Poch. Long term gain over short term success for me.

If it sounds a pointless post it's because it was in response to your fucking stupid comparison in the first place you prick. 'Just imagine...'

Please forgive me . I am on a tractor at the moment ( very bumpy mans work ) and being honest l struggle to see
landscape today .
I cant read, I cant write but I can drive a tractor, turn it left, turn it right.....cant remeber exact words....... sorry brought back memories??

I've had time to reflect. Time to calm down from all that excitement yesterday. Time to step back and see the bigger picture, make a more rational and considered opinion and in doing this I can only say LEVY IS AN UTTERLY CLUELESS SHIT PIPE

AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

IF we finish above 9th I will be amazed. If we get out of our EL group I will be astonished. I do think we will beat the scum though, mainly because Wenger will genuinely play his C team.

Last edited:
landscape today .
You seem to be on your tractor an awful lot. Little bit of communal farm work, Castro's dream. I hope you find enjoyment in your work at least, because you are a miserable little worm.

I've had time to reflect. Time to calm down from all that excitement yesterday. Time to step back and see the bigger picture, make a more rational and considered opinion and in doing this I can only say LEVY IS AN UTTERLY CLUELESS SHIT PIPE

AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

IF we finish above 9th I will be amazed. If we get out of our EL group I will be astonished. I do think we will beat the scum though, mainly because Wenger will genuinely play his C team.

We finished 5th last year and have improved the squad. Not sure what the issue is really.

United have bought a kid, one that now has huge expectation. The bought a declining talent, and complemented him with a fabulous player in Schneiderlin but overall still have glaring weaknesses. Chelsea have a whole host of internal issues it seems and are way off the pace, like us for now. Woolwich just bought a keeper and although he is class, they are putting a huge risk on their squad; a squad that won a cup but didn't compete in the league.

Liverpool have spent silly money again, and I am quite confident that they will flounder 6th or 7th, or in that region.

Everton will not challenge the top 6 at all, neither will Southampton. Palace are evolving but they do not have the depth. The biggest threat to our position this year is Swansea, who I think will be in the top 6 for sure this year.

City will win the league, by some distance this season if early form and intent is anything to go by.

I'm quite happy to finish 5-7th, keeping the manager and allowing for some consistency. If we finish the season in that region, whilst a decent cup run here or there, whilst gelling as a unit and playing some good football, wouldn't you be happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom