Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure Nick from New Girl wasn't training and Soldado is in fact at the airport...

nick-castpic-newgirl.jpg

So I'm not the only one who thinks he looks like Bobby. Exactly my thoughts last sunday when I was at the cinema watching 'lets be cops'.

Anyone think we should take a cheeky punt on Lavezzi? I think he will struggle for game time this season and he can play from the wing or up front. Just a thought.

Depay is already cup-tied for Europa League...looks like he's not going anywhere.

The other two dates we'll watch out for are this Thursday for MM and next Tuesday for MS and of course our own matches to see who doesn't play. Got to do it ourselves it seems when ITK tells us nothing.

They're both club ambassadors; although King is now U18 coach, too.

I would question why we would need to move Friedel on anyway, he's still a great keeper and there's no doubt in my mind that his 25+ years experience of professional football is a big influence around the club
Mate - he's many things but a 'great keeper' is not one of those. Don't won't him anywhere near competitive games - so why waste wages?

I appreciate its hypothetical but all of the players listed have been strongly linked with a move away.
If so, I think the joint valuation of 60 mill is not to far away. So let me put it another way. As part of the post was
devised by (accept) rumour and part wishful thinking.

Would you sell that 60 mill list, if the 4 replacement mentioned if it meant (MS, Musacchio, Remy, Depay) were guaranteed?

Personally, with what's gone on with a few of these in the Summer. I would!

I really don't think we should be buying so many players now. If schniederlin, musacchio, remy and Depay came in that makes another 7 signings this summer. The only position that needs to be addressed for me is cb...Poch should allow the rest of the squad to gel as best it can then maybe in January look at a couple more signings

I really don't think we should be buying so many players now. If schniederlin, musacchio, remy and Depay came in that makes another 7 signings this summer. The only position that needs to be addressed for me is cb...Poch should allow the rest of the squad to gel as best it can then maybe in January look at a couple more signings

There's a rather important difference that has to be noted here, and it's that those seven players were expected to provide immediate impact. Vlad possibly had less pressure on his plate, but the rest were all expected to perform from first choice roles from the beginning. From what we've already signed this summer, we've signed a backup keeper, Dier who likely won't be first choice after all is said and done and players return to fitness, and Davies who looks to split time with Rose.

Nonetheless, I highly doubt we'll be making another four first team signings anyway, unless we see some serious movement from the current squad.

Mate - he's many things but a 'great keeper' is not one of those. Don't won't him anywhere near competitive games - so why waste wages?
He signed a new contract this summer, so I think he's pretty nailed on for that third choice spot behind Lloris and Vorm. I doubt he's on very high wages anymore, and will probably continue in a non-playing role next year. He's already heavily involved in our US dealings, right?

Godin going to bayern for 28 million from athletico .. No excuses on money if they want soldado now !!! Wonder if some of that coming our way ...

Soldado 13-15mill.
Sandro Same.
Townsend 10-12.
Chadli 8-9
Chiriches 7-8
Holby 6-7
Daws 3-4

60-70 Million.:adestare:

Not sure why Chriches suddenly seems out the door, he was quite good last season I felt and very quick which suits a high pressing game not to mention we need a CB, we may have to cut our loses with players like Chadli and Soldado but Holtby and Townsend I would want over 10 million at least if we sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom