Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • I will say for Konopkola he absolutely tore Walker a new one twice (iirc) last year and there isn't a winger I could mention who has done the same to him in the PL. He has a hard time against Silva but Kono dominated him on the floor without passing around him, really impressive performances by him. Reminds me of when Palacios played against us for Wigan just before we signed him, heady days.

I thought Kono was ok personally, in the 2nd leg he didn't want to know after about an hour, and given the previous records of players from that part of the Europe in the PL, I don't expect much from him.

Strong ITK that proposed Destro transfer is still alive, with Sandro and Vlad still being touted as trade bait. Baldini has gone underground and is operating covertly!!

AVB on Bale on August 4th last season:

"These rumours of an imminent transfer are not true. The only thing we have communicated with Real Madrid is that he is our player and he is not for sale. We are building a great team for next season. We envisage the future with Gareth."

Koeman's comments mean nothing.

AVB lied a lot. These are different people.

Lev is not going to break the world record transfer fee to make a liar of the saints board and manager.

AVB would make daws captain one day, then try and sell him the next. He'd look the camera in the eye and claim Ade playing with the kids is because of fitness when it was really because he kept questioning his negative tactics and high line.

He's not the yardstick for an average manager. AVB is an odd little man who just sold out to one of the most racist teams in the world.

We all knew this was a rebuilding year. Many of us on TFC have said we would be content with a 5th or even 6th place finish. I'm going to be a little bit more specific about that one. I'll be content if it's like that due to our lack of offense vice poor defensive showings. If we look good in the back it's VERY important that fans back Poch and don't give Levy any stupid ideas. We would need him for the length of his contract for his plan to probably fully take effect. Anyway, like I said, I would be happy with that finish. However, in order to show the board that there is a future with our new manager it's also vital that we either win a cup or have an extremely strong showing. I think that a Europa win is possible, but it's probably not all that plausible. We'll see on that one. Again, another strong showing will be important. After this season if we're in the position I would like us to be in I think it's imperative to really go out and get a LW. Not just someone that potentially has a future, but someone that is really right on the cusp of something incredible. It's hard to say who will leave or who we will sell after this upcoming season, but hopefully the really key elements don't want to leave and trust in Poch's ideas. If we can get the LW we need I think we could break top 4. So, now we're rolling into the 16/17 season, with CL football and some hype. We're also about to be moving into our new stadium. That's the summer we need to break the bank on a striker. Once we've done that I legitimately think we could win the league. If it's done right (and it really looks like we're on track) we could win the league in 3 seasons.

I know that this is a pipe dream, but I could see it happening.

Rebuilding year? Team wise we seem to be consolidating not rebuilding. A lot of posters wanted a rebuild but we seem to be handing out more new contracts and the manager said he's not going to rebuild the team. Left back was a must fill, and backup cb and gk is not rebuilding. He even said he'd use our current players strengths to form new tactics.

Rebuilding year? Team wise we seem to be consolidating not rebuilding. A lot of posters wanted a rebuild but we seem to be handing out more new contracts and the manager said he's not going to rebuild the team. Left back was a must fill, and backup cb and gk is not rebuilding. He even said he'd use our current players strengths to form new tactics.

You're right, "rebuilding" is probably not the best phrase. Let's say it's a transitional year instead. Fair?

Don't think its re-building I think with Poch we can win something this year!!!

This Dier is being touted as a very shrewd buy, great at free kick taking and Lisbon media are calling him a loss for Sporting!

AVB lied a lot. These are different people.

Lev is not going to break the world record transfer fee to make a liar of the saints board and manager.

AVB would make daws captain one day, then try and sell him the next. He'd look the camera in the eye and claim Ade playing with the kids is because of fitness when it was really because he kept questioning his negative tactics and high line.

He's not the yardstick for an average manager. AVB is an odd little man who just sold out to one of the most racist teams in the world.
Bold accusations, you got any proof?

AVB lied a lot.
Lev is not going to break the world record transfer fee to make a liar of the saints board and manager
AVB was lied to by Levy. He was shat uopn by Levy. Had his pants pulled down and was royally fucked by Levy. Yet still he managed to achieve our record points total in his one and only full season. He nurtured Bale into a global superstar and had a great relationship with the man who was to become he worlds most expensive player. I think back to the night at upton park and Bales winner, His hug with AVB, and the raw emotion that night gave me. Then I look at Levy and think .........cunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom