Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
AVB was lied to by Levy. He was shat uopn by Levy. Had his pants pulled down and was royally fucked by Levy. Yet still he managed to achieve our record points total in his one and only full season. He nurtured Bale into a global superstar and had a great relationship with the man who was to become he worlds most expensive player. I think back to the night at upton park and Bales winner, His hug with AVB, and the raw emotion that night gave me. Then I look at Levy and think .........cunt

LEAVE_BRITNEY_ALONE!_gif.gif

Leave the fraud alone.....

Last edited:
levy is most definitely a cunt

He is a cunt. But he's our cunt. Poch is his last chance for me but I agree with him getting rid of AVB. The atmosphere at the lane was damning after Bale left.

Lev loves to gamble. Poch is still a gamble because he's young...Roll the dice Lev! Gambling sweats ahoy!

The last day of transfer periods were Lev heaven in the past. Recently he's been a bit more sensible. It will be interesting to see how it pans out but he seems to be learning from his mistakes, albeit very slowly by giving football men like Baldini more of a say. I'm still not sure how effective a board, manager and baldini roundtable is when it comes to signing players, but us getting a left back early on and a CB seems to be a nudge in the right direction.

I like the look of this Mustache character. Was the captain for a pretty solid Villareal team, is still young, good statistically, and in the one game I've seen he really stood out. Him and Vertonghen could be a stout CB pairing with Kaboul rotating in as his health permits.

He is a cunt. But he's our cunt. Poch is his last chance for me but I agree with him getting rid of AVB. The atmosphere at the lane was damning after Bale left.

Lev loves to gamble. Poch is still a gamble because he's young...Roll the dice Lev! Gambling sweats ahoy!

The last day of transfer periods were Lev heaven in the past. Recently he's been a bit more sensible. It will be interesting to see how it pans out but he seems to be learning from his mistakes, albeit very slowly by giving football men like Baldini more of a say. I'm still not sure how effective a board, manager and baldini roundtable is when it comes to signing players, but us getting a left back early on and a CB seems to be a nudge in the right direction.
I honestly think it's working. Levy is adjusting to football chairman-ing and is still learning the differences between club and business. On the business side of things we will never have a better man to watch over the budget. Footballing terms he is still learning.

I honestly think it's working. Levy is adjusting to football chairman-ing and is still learning the differences between club and business. On the business side of things we will never have a better man to watch over the budget. Footballing terms he is still learning.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I think where mine and others frustration comes with Levy is that it has been 13 years now. If he hasn't learned yet, will he ever? Still, my opinion with him is I'd rather have the devil I know. He's very strong in some aspects but also has glaring weaknesses. In that respect, he pretty much perfectly encapsulates Spurs.

Oh I agree he`s great on the business side of things. Unfortunately as a supporter my interest leans more towards the football side of things. And having this super shrewd business fellow at the helm means we never seem to be prepared to go the extra yard, take the extra gamble, push the boat out just that little bit further to push on and achieve things. So long as the business looks good, just on the periphery of the big boys seems good enough for Mr Levy.

Oh I agree he`s great on the business side of things. Unfortunately as a supporter my interest leans more towards the football side of things. And having this super shrewd business fellow at the helm means we never seem to be prepared to go the extra yard, take the extra gamble, push the boat out just that little bit further to push on and achieve things. So long as the business looks good, just on the periphery of the big boys seems good enough for Mr Levy.
I'm sure Wimbledon Leeds and Portsmouth fans would have agreed with you prior.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I think where mine and others frustration comes with Levy is that it has been 13 years now. If he hasn't learned yet, will he ever? Still, my opinion with him is I'd rather have the devil I know. He's very strong in some aspects but also has glaring weaknesses. In that respect, he pretty much perfectly encapsulates Spurs.
I think he believes he has found his man in Baldini, who's yet to prove his worth. A season and half a window doesn't show enough yet. He's sieving through managers to get to the right one, lets hope it's Potch. He's making large steps in the last couple of years to improve his weaknesses.

Wow another slow day...
Here's something (ITK) for you, then:

[Update 108] Grey Fox says Club Confident
Been told the club are confident that MS will become a Spur, but may have to wait until the start of the season to save the face of the Southampton chair "they will both be here at the start of the season" comment. CB is complicated but expect a 1st teamer in by end of window and expecting Verts to sign on the dotted line early next week. Other targets such as Jay Rod and H Moreno will probably have to wait until January. A number of loans lined up for outgoings and at least one midfielder and one defender to be sold.

Been told the club are confident that MS will become a Spur, but may have to wait until the start of the season to save the face of the Southampton chair "they will both be here at the start of the season" comment. CB is complicated but expect a 1st teamer in by end of window and expecting Verts to sign on the dotted line early next week. Other targets such as Jay Rod and H Moreno will probably have to wait until January. A number of loans lined up for outgoings and at least one midfielder and one defender to be sold.
Still a slow day, may need some more :levyeyes:

Just looking at the landscape this is pretty much the same conclusion I'd arrive at just by looking at news stories and using common sense. That would be a very strong and intelligent summer window for us. It would certainly indicate a more mature and well thought out transfer season than we normally engage in.

Thanks I guess ITK will have to hold me over... :walkercry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom