Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it all depends on how badly he wants regular football. Would he be willing to take a pay cut to come to us.

I'd hope the answer is yes, but in reality it's probably no. Plus, there's definitely other teams out there that could offer him those wages.

We could offer him those wages, but does he deserve to come to the club and be one of the top earners.

Not sure.

Sherwood also said he scouted Eriksen at Wembley even though Eriksen has never played at Wembley. Wouldn't trust a word Sherwood says.

Do hope he's happy to sign any players we deem surplus to requirements though.

Naughton, Lennon, chadli for £40 million come on Sherwood.

Where COYS
When 18th Aug
Who Trix

Have just heard this is becoming more likely. Apparently MS's peopls are looking for an exit stratergy that suits all parties. Most likely outcome is that Deschamps and France will be blamed, and saints couldn't stand in the way of his International career. Heard a couple of other bits that I will post a bit later when I get more time so I can explain them properly.

What's the general concensus on us trying to sign Eto'o?

He was quoted as saying he wants "one last season with a top flight club". Can't figure out if I like the idea...Could be a good idea, could be bad...

Splurging on a high-wage has-been superstar to help knock in goals...and then offload at the end of the season. Or splurging on a high-wage has-been superstar to help knock in goals...and then offload at the end of the season...

:townhmm:

Not keen on Eto'o personally. Thought he looked his age (whichever age that might be).

Nastasic would be immense. I know people have rated Chiriches, and I'm not suggesting he can't be a good player but Nastastic is already quality. Money and competition for his signature will clearly be problematic but I hope we are one of the clubs interested.

Don't see why we need eto he is on the decline, he would be a great harry signing for qpr but we are not qpr. Bony or remy for me, two good strikers who are not past it and have prem experience.

Gone quiet on the depay and mustachio front guess they are off then?

Don't see why we need eto he is on the decline, he would be a great harry signing for qpr but we are not qpr. Bony or remy for me, two good strikers who are not past it and have prem experience.

Gone quiet on the depay and mustachio front guess they are off then?

Remy is more realistic than Bony. Depay is probably off. Musacchio is most likely still on, just being dragged out.

Eto would be such a worthless signing. Most likely wouldn't start over Adebayor, has the same attitude problems, probably can't be arsed pressing and would demand massive wages. Remy would be such a better signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom