Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may, the alleged £40 million offer was from Chelski, and you could forgive Levy for not wanting to sell to them. By selling to Real Madrid we wouldn't have to face him every year, and we wouldn't be giving a leg up to one of our closest rivals. Can we just went back to hopeless speculation now please

Super happy dream sign player list:
Miralem Pjanic - Roma - £15M <<<->>> Jake Livermore - Swansea - Loan​
David Villa - Barcelona - £10M <<<->>> Jermain Defoe - Fulham - £8M​
Mohamed Diame - West Ham - £3.5M <<<->>> Scott Parker - QPR - £4M​
Danny Rose - Sunderland - Loan Back <<<->>> Benoit Assou-Ekotto - PSG - £8M​
Conner Wickham - Sunderland - £8M <<<->>> Gomes - Brazil? - £3M​
£36.5M <<<->>> £23M​
£13.5M​
->>> Khumalo - release
->>> Bentley - release
->>> Gallas - release

Many money saving with going out player for salary.

________________________________​
Lloris​
Walker-Kaboul-Vertonghen-Rose​
Sandro-Dembele​
Pjanic​
Lennon
white_zps423523ed.jpg
white_zps423523ed.jpg
Bale​
Villa​
Friedel​
Smith-Dawson-Caulker-Fryers​
Diame-Carroll​
Holtby​
Townsend
white_zps423523ed.jpg
Sigurdsson​
Adebayor​
Archer​
Naughton-Hall-Veljkovic-Stewart​
Luongo-Huddlestone​
Ceballos​
McEvoy
white_zps423523ed.jpg
Pritchard​
Wickham​

Just saying, my 'Super happy dream sign player list' would involve a net loss of about £70 million

Be worth it when we won the league though...

Super happy dream sign player list:​
Miralem Pjanic - Roma - £15M <<<->>> Jake Livermore - Swansea - Loan​
David Villa - Barcelona - £10M <<<->>> Jermain Defoe - Fulham - £8M​
Mohamed Diame - West Ham - £3.5M <<<->>> Scott Parker - QPR - £4M​
Danny Rose - Sunderland - Loan Back <<<->>> Benoit Assou-Ekotto - PSG - £8M​
Conner Wickham - Sunderland - £8M <<<->>> Gomes - Brazil? - £3M​
£36.5M <<<->>> £23M​
£13.5M​
->>> Khumalo - release​
->>> Bentley - release​
->>> Gallas - release​
Many money saving with going out player for salary.​
Lloris​
Walker-Kaboul-Vertonghen-Rose​
Sandro-Dembele​
Pjanic​
Lennon
white_zps423523ed.jpg
white_zps423523ed.jpg
Bale​
Villa​
Friedel​
Smith-Dawson-Caulker-Fryers​
Diame-Carroll​
Holtby​
Townsend
white_zps423523ed.jpg
Sigurdsson​
Adebayor​
Archer​
Naughton-Hall-Veljkovic-Stewart​
Luongo-Huddlestone​
Ceballos​
McEvoy
white_zps423523ed.jpg
Pritchard​
Wickham​
LOL at Naughton and Huddlestone been third choice, bit unfair on ol' Tom

To be honest the fact that you think Modric's value dropping £7 Million in 12 months has nothing to do with him requesting a transfer and going on strike is pretty ludicrous.

Amortisation or not. You need to consider what contributed to his drop in value. It certainly wasn't his form, and he had 5 years left on his contract.

It may seem pedantic, but I'd make the distinction between his value to the club and the amount we sold him for.

His value went down as the length of his contract went down.

I think a big factor in us 'only' getting the £33mil or whatever it was, is that we had pretty much alienated PL clubs and therefore there was no significant counter bid to Reals... If the chavs and citeh for example still had a realistic chance of signing him I think we could have got significantly more.

Also, do not forget to factor in the value of the 'special relationship'...

:levyeyes:

I was just wondering that what if something happens; something that involves £85 million or plus coming in and Bale going the other way ...

Surely, a world record fee would be hard to turn down.

But say it does happen, how should and would we use it to replace Bale or make additions.

Probably 20-30% of the money will go to the stadium and rest of it to the kitty.

As I recall Chelsea's £40million bid was £30 million cash and Alex who was rated at £10 million. Forty million straight cash and we might have taken it rather than get lumbered with a player we didn't want.

Tottenham Hotspur close in on Brazil and Corinthians midfielder Paulinho
By Jason Burt
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...azil-and-Corinthians-midfielder-Paulinho.html

I saw this over at SC and ...
This is a very very interesting article ... The reason being --> Look at who wrote this article.
Jason Burt.

I clearly remember this fella from last window. For those who dont know/remember, this is the very guy that first broke the news that we were interested in Dembele and Willian.
And the biggest thing is that this is apparently a close friend of AVB (also according to SC).
I am not fully sure about the latter fact, but the former ... I do remember.

So ... if the rumors do say we are after this Brazilian ... then I guess it would be alright to believe in them.

Edit:

In the article it says:

"Talks have taken place this week to agree a deal worth around £14.5 million for the 24-year-old midfielder who is currently preparing for the Confederations Cup back in Brazil."

... Good price and I would much rather have him instead of an older and more expensive Fredy Gaurin

All this talk of Bernard, Paulinho, Damaieoeoeoeo, is all great. Makes me feel like I'm living in the world of Football Manager....quick we better move for Wellington Nem...he has a 5 million release clause.

Tottenham Hotspur close in on Brazil and Corinthians midfielder Paulinho
By Jason Burt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...azil-and-Corinthians-midfielder-Paulinho.html

I saw this over at SC and ...
This is a very very interesting article ... The reason being --> Look at who wrote this article.
Jason Burt.

I clearly remember this fella from last window. For those who dont know/remember, this is the very guy that first broke the news that we were interested in Dembele and Willian.

And the biggest thing is that this is apparently a close friend of AVB (also according to SC).
I am not fully sure about the latter fact, but the former ... I do remember.

So ... if the rumors do say we are after this Brazilian ... then I guess it would be alright to believe in them.

Edit:

In the article it says:

Talks have taken place this week to agree a deal worth around £14.5 million for the 24-year-old midfielder who is currently preparing for the Confederations Cup back in Brazil.

... Good price and I would much rather have him instead of an older and more expensive Fredy Gaurin

Burt has connections at Chelsea. He wrote a article about the night Di Matteo was sacked in great detail. So he might still be in contact with AVB.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...er-rated-or-even-liked-Roberto-Di-Matteo.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...er-rated-or-even-liked-Roberto-Di-Matteo.html

If I may, the alleged £40 million offer was from Chelski, and you could forgive Levy for not wanting to sell to them. By selling to Real Madrid we wouldn't have to face him every year, and we wouldn't be giving a leg up to one of our closest rivals. Can we just went back to hopeless speculation now please

Exactly and the key word is alleged. It wasn't £40m it was £30m plus a defender they wanted off their books anyway (Alex).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom