Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corinthians dismiss Paulinho rumors - reports

The player has been linked in European press to Inter Milan and more recently also to Roma and Tottenham.
Corinthians' president Mário Gobbi has denied those rumors, he told Folha de S. Paulo that there have been no offers for Paulinho so far.
Corinthians officials have stated in the past that Paulinho will only leave if his 20 million Euros buyout fee is paid, but they have suggested they could accept a lower transfer fee.
Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport talked with FIFA agent José Alberti, who claims Paulinho will join Roma after the Confederations Cup.
The midfielder has denied those rumors linking him to Tottenham and Roma, as he told Lancenet that there is nothing yet although he admitted that his agent Giuliano Bertolucci is in England.
http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/48512_corinthians_dismiss_paulinho_rumors_-_reports.html

Shit! If this is actually true, and if indeed we didn't look into him or made an offer ... then I have lost all hope.
I think the safe thing to do is that I'll take a little vacation before I go all HAM on ITK.

Time to ...
FWWQMyv.gif

As much as I am excited about Pauli coming to White Hart Lane ... I am also kind of worried. :avbcringe:

I am worried about Holtby.
You know ... that German kid for whom we really have high hopes.
I really like that kid, but if we switch to a 433 with Sandro, Dembele, and Pauli ... where's Holtby?

Whatever AVB is doing, I am completely supportive, but I hope Holtby is still a BIG future in the team.
It would be really hard to displace any of those three; however, I can see a good bit of intelligent rotation.

As for the other kid Siggy ...
I like him just as much, but for some reason I am not worried. He still has a place at left wing, and also ...
He seems to be a long term THFC target; not some panic buy (according to some of the more credible ITK)
Plus, weren't we offered more money from Reading than we actually paid for him? Yeah, so he's probably just fine.

Its all options IMO, 5 quality players to rotate through 3 positions doesnt sound bad to me.

What worries me is our current lack of offensive options...

Found this...a list of the top 40 most valuable players in the Confederations Cup. Looks like we are working our way up the bottom half....or not.
Captura-de-tela-inteira-13062013-093628-e1371127229813.jpg

Captura-de-tela-inteira-13062013-093636-e1371127285438.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom