Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that but without being funny if he hasn't requested a transfer after a footballing legend like Zidane has been tapping him up then why is a Madrid flop going to convince him. It's annoyed me, he clearly has no respect for Tottenham, the club that made him. I can't see Gareth requesting a transfer at all.

Concur! He's playing the 'mates' card.
Bale and Modric are two COMPLETELY different inviduals. Modric akin to Berbatov.
Not worried about this little episode at all.

People, lets stick with the clichés here please.

Gareth won't request a transfer, if at all he'll "hand in a transfer request" but it's more likely that he'll "issue a come-and-get-me plea"

People, lets stick with the clichés here please.

Gareth won't request a transfer, if at all he'll "hand in a transfer request" but it's more likely that he'll "issue a come-and-get-me plea"

This year I highly doubt Bale will make any noises indicating he wants to be sold or Madrid to get him. With a young family why would he want to disturb that? I know I'm biased here but it's true, the only way Bale is leaving this season is if Madrid make an offer we can't refuse. Not by tapping up Bale so much that he asks to leave. If Madrid want him they should stop shoving Zidane and rat boy into media and make a fucking offer.

Slightly annoyed if you can't guess. It's not even July yet. :avbshock:

This year I highly doubt Bale will make any noises indicating he wants to be sold or Madrid to get him. With a young family why would he want to disturb that? I know I'm biased here but it's true, the only way Bale is leaving this season is if Madrid make an offer we can't refuse. Not by tapping up Bale so much that he asks to leave. If Madrid want him they should stop shoving Zidane and rat boy into media and make a fucking offer.

Slightly annoyed if you can't guess. It's not even July yet. :avbshock:

tumblr_mejnpu26Rm1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Bale requesting a transfer would significantly weaken Levy's bargaining position.

Like when Modric did two years ago, and then even last summer went for top dollar?

Personally I dont think Bale is the type to make a public fuss. I think he may say behind closed doors he would like a move. I also dont think he is one to really agitate. Not this summer at least.

I seem to remember Levy holding out for a lot more than we got in the end. Or at least that's what was being reported. Modric essentially forced his way out of the club.

Took him 3 windows and a hell of a lot of money to do it though didnt it?

Its not like Levys position was weakened and he walked when it all first happened.

Took him 3 windows and a hell of a lot of money to do it though didnt it?

Its not like Levys position was weakened and he walked when it all first happened.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, are you saying Levy would have been in the same position had Modric said he wanted to stay?
:parkerhmm:

What Im trying to say is

"Bale requesting a transfer would significantly weaken Levy's bargaining position." = balls.

It wouldnt weaken anything. Just as it didnt weaken Levys position 2 years ago, if it had Modric obviously would have moved then for a cut price.

If anything it makes Levy one stubborn SOB who simply will not budge.

Honestly I dont think he is someone you try to play hardball with, he will simply not budge. Better to play nice if you want to try and get your own way with him.

What Im trying to say is

"Bale requesting a transfer would significantly weaken Levy's bargaining position." = balls.

It wouldnt weaken anything. Just as it didnt weaken Levys position 2 years ago, if it had Modric obviously would have moved then for a cut price.

We sold Modric for £33m - thats 7million less than the £40mill we turned down 12 months earlier.

Now to me thats cut price.

What Im trying to say is

If anything it makes Levy one stubborn SOB who simply will not budge.

Honestly I dont think he is someone you try to play hardball with, he will simply not budge. Better to play nice if you want to try and get your own way with him.

I can see where you are coming from, but you're wrong. Sure Levy might play hardball, he might get stubborn, but only to a point. If Bale was constantly agitating for a move like Modric was, would Levy want to sell him now at a decent price, or force them to stay knowing they won't renew their contract in x number of years and could go for a much cheaper price at a later date.

Handing a transfer request in doesn't force anyone to sell a player, but it does make it publicly clear that someone wants to move on. It pushes the onus onto the club to deal with the matter. Keep an unhappy player, or sell them.

This is why Real try to stir up this kind of thing. They don't do it simply out of devilment, they do it because it's a proven way of getting the players they want at a price acceptable to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom