Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
From SC:
The Goat hears from a seperate source that Baldini is done and the lack of announcement is due to a pre planned holiday. Conversations about targets have taken place however. Also there could well be more than one Brazilian coming to WHL next season. The club is very uptight about leaks at the moment, hence the dearth of good ITK, but I am confident we will have a good summer

Is there not a limit on how many non-EU players we can have?

There used to be a long time ago, but they got rid of that. As long as you can get a work permit it doesn't matter now. The only rules regarding player origins are that you need to have a certain amount of home grown players in the squad. So any player who has trained in the country for a certain time period between the ages of 18-21.

Ceballos for example would count as a home grown player.

There used to be a long time ago, but they got rid of that. As long as you can get a work permit it doesn't matter now. The only rules regarding player origins are that you need to have a certain amount of home grown players in the squad. So any player who has trained in the country for a certain time period between the ages of 18-21.

Ceballos for example would count as a home grown player.
As is Gylfi. We're in good shape regarding home grown players, the last time I checked. The rules, just to be pedantic, are that no more than 17 players on the 25-man squad can be non-homegrown. Our current homegrown players include: 1. Walker, 2. Caulker, 3. Dawson, 4. Livermore, 5. Huddlestone, 6. Parker, 7. Rose, 8. Lennon, 9. Gylfi, 10. Defoe. Plus others I haven't thought of. U21s don't count one way or another.

Baldini signed a week ago but has the same clause in his contract as AVB did when he signed for us. Can't be announced till July.

Sauce Please

hp-sauce_1318716c.jpg

:akabusi: :myword: :ap:

If Jozy wasn't American nobody would talk about him, simple as that. Graziiano Pelle scored more goals then him for a worse team and nobody has ever mentioned him.

I really just don't want a striker from the Netherlands, and that includes Bony. The last ones that have moved to a better league have all played poorly the first season. Van Wolfswinkle, Luuk De Jong, Bas Dost, all did poorly. Sure there are players like Suarez that can come, but they are exceptions, and I don't see any of these guys having the quality Suarez does. And besides, a league that made Graziano Pelle, a guy who averaged like 3 goals a season in his career, has to be crap.

Let's only get proven players from proven leagues with cool names and good hair, for cheap. That's definitely guarantee for succes right? Or maybe we should just get the best players available for the best possible price, no matter where they come from. And sometimes take a gamble on what our scouts see in players, including the ability to grow into a bigger league/team if they're not quite there yet. Suarez is not an exception, and neither is Afonso Alves. You just have to get it right. And you have to accept that sometimes you won't get it right.

As is Gylfi. We're in good shape regarding home grown players, the last time I checked. The rules, just to be pedantic, are that no more than 17 players on the 25-man squad can be non-homegrown. Our current homegrown players include: 1. Walker, 2. Caulker, 3. Dawson, 4. Livermore, 5. Huddlestone, 6. Parker, 7. Rose, 8. Lennon, 9. Gylfi, 10. Defoe. Plus others I haven't thought of. U21s don't count one way or another.
Bale? or do you know something that we dont, and the press all think they do

But that was back in the days when Harry was shooting his mouth off to all and sundry...to be an itk in those days all you had to do was stand on the side of the road anywhere between the training ground and Harry's house holding out a microphone to any Range Rovers driving past.

That helped of course. But seriously..you believe the club is completely watertight now? No one around the club or with contacts hears anything? Its a bit like people who believes in huge goverment conspiracies..at one point someone's going to talk, too many people keeping a secret will not work long term.

That helped of course. But seriously..you believe the club is completely watertight now? No one around the club or with contacts hears anything? Its a bit like people who believes in huge goverment conspiracies..at one point someone's going to talk, too many people keeping a secret will not work long term.

I agree, I used to love going to SC every five minutes to read the latest stuff...but all that blue and yellow nonsense bugged the shit out me and I never go now. I just wish that the wums would stop muddying the water and leave the genuine itks alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom