SUMMER 2013 TRANSFER & ITK THREAD: Warning - may contain lies and false hope

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
[itk="24th June 2013, in, Jasper, Paulinho, rumour, 6, itk"]I believe it is agents leaking false information (chelskum) to increase the price as it benefits them, if not the fee then wages and bonuses. Paulinho has agreed to move and is fully aware of absolutely everything, and work started before Confeds. His reaction when asked a direct question is not really surprising. I expect him to be confirmed after Confeds. Be very surprised if this was not the case.[/itk]

[itk="24th June 2013, in, POTL, Paulinho, rumour, 6, itk"]* This was posted in the Paulinho thread, so I'm assuming it's referring to him. Never can be too sure *

So impressed Franco. Really has been excellent.

POTL[/itk]

[itk="24th June 2013, in, wpd659 and Billy White, Shirt Sponsor, rumour, 5, itk"]wpd659

Should be some news on shirt sponsors this week.

Billy White on COYS

To answer a few of the questions on here:

Autonomy has expired;

The combined shirt/stadium sponsorship deal that was the initial hope meant that the company would pay a fee to sponsor our shirt and would then get some sort of a deal on the stadium naming rights when it came time for it;

Also - no further updates on the matter from my end - doesn't mean that things aren't happening though.[/itk]

Breezer on SC:

Just went for a drink with my mate who works at Spurs. I've mentioned his job role before but maybe it's best if I don't from now on. Anyway a few interesting bits to tell you guys.

Starting with the youngsters. He said we have some fantastic young players coming through but are still 3-4 years away from breaking through. Singled out Joshua Onomah as the best player we have in our academy. In fact he said he's the best player he's seen at that age group.

Rates Carrol very highly for technical ability but said he's too light weight and needs to build himself up.

My mate watches the first team train 3 times per week. I asked if AVB takes full control and he said he's a very motivational manager/coach. He's famous for saying Tik Tik Tik Tik. Basically keep the ball moving

They've been abroad with the academy quite a few times and again he rates the German teams as the best! Technically very good and their system is always spot on at all age groups.

Steve Mclaren (yes that idiot) was invited to our training ground for a 2 day course. He explained how the German teams train and how they are more tactical and advanced with training methods.

Spurs spent 200k on equipment that players wear during training and matches which monitors all their levels. As soon as AVB arrived that was all taken away! He believes in watching and judging every player by the eye not using computers. However Scott Parker insists on wearing the monitoring equipment and is the hardest working player at training.

He mentioned that Holtby is a bastard to the youth players. When they play a training match holtby will smash through all the youngsters simply because they're playing in his position! Personally I love that

All the players don't like ADE. They think he's an absolute clown and players are always annoyed with him in training because he gives the ball away and doesn't try.

He did mention a couple more shocking things but i can't really share but have passed on to the mods.

Anyway not amazing info but interesting.

He's invited me to go watch a training session with them in the next few weeks. Pre season starts July 1st. He said he'll get me security clearance and show me around the training centre. Obviously ill try and take as many pics as possible.

I forgot to mention AVB works a lot on team shape and where players should be standing for throws and corners etc. Sometimes take up a whole training session to perfect positioning.

[itk="26th June 2013, in, POTL, Franco Paulinho and Villa, rumour, 5, itk"]More good work from Franco whilst in Brazil (back now) on the Villa deal. Tevez going to Juve has strengthened our chances as this means the Higuain deal to Woolwich looks likely which effectively rules them out of DV. As mentioned much work has gone into this deal over the past few months, as much as we can do has been done now- up to the player to decide. Would be a fantastic signing for the club.

POTL[/itk]

[itk="26th June 2013, out, Jasper, Various, rumour, 7, itk"]In a discussion about players potentially leaving Jasper responded with:

Hudd has been told he can leave, and we will listen to offers for Defoe. We prefer to keep Ade in the ideal.[/itk]

[itk="26th June 2013, in, Jason Burt, Various, rumour, 7, itk"]Paulinho is looking good but I hope I've not jinxed it. Spurs wants Villa but it's a big deal.

On Benteke:
No. far too expensive..and not a major target.
You are looking at £25-30m...not one I thought Spurs would pursue if Villa would sell.

On Lamela and Bernard:
May have got wrong end of stick on those 2. Sounds now like targets last summer..but trying to find out if still do-able.[/itk]

uczcIsYl.png

[itk="26th June 2013, in, The Goat, Jackson Martinez, rumour, 7, itk"]Would it be bad to join the Three Amigos? Could it happen? The Goat doesn't know, but he does know AVB would like that[/itk]

[itk="28th June 2013, in, Roger Morgan, unpronounceable, rumour, 4, itk"]
Shakhtar's striker Mkhitaryan was in a London hotel earlier this week. He wasn't talking to Liverpool. Agent is Mino Raiola, who looks after Ibra and Mario. Very well connected to Baldini.
[/itk]

[itk="28th June 2013, in, POTL, Paulinho, rumour, 6, itk"]Once again, Daniel and Franco have worked incredibly hard on this deal. Medical is outstanding so is signing of the contracts.

POTL[/itk]

- Clear bandwagon-jumping by the POTL here... Turd Sandwich

[itk="28th June 2013, in, Valencia Yid, Unknown, rumour, 6, itk"]Looking forward to Glastonbury this weekend, would have been a perfect venue for George Duke....
[/itk]

Note: George Duke was the artist who had an album "Brazilian Love Affair"....

[itk="30th June 2013, out, Storts, The Hudd, rumour, 6, itk"]As is expected, told today Huddlestone definitely off, got a few options, not clear where to yet.

JJ followed up with:

The Trouble with the Tom situation is that DL wants big money for him (of course)and he will struggle to pass a medical at another club due to his bone on bone in his ankle. It a serious condition. He may go well elsewhere but no one will pay the big money if he cant pass the medical so DL will have to lower the fee which is a problem.

JJ later said: Worryingly Kabouls knee is similar.
[/itk]

Rep-edit: Yeah cheers JJ. Sherlock Holmes you ain't. Think most of us could have reached those conclusions over a cup of tea and a dairylea triangle.

:baletroll:

[itk="30th June 2013, out, Jasper, Various, rumour, 6, itk"]Hudd wants to and will go, subject to medical and his knees. Talking to three clubs and if it goes through will be a 5m package.

Parker will likely go on 2 year contract, 2 EPL, and some Championship clubs talking.

Livermore will go out on loan is what we prefer rather than sell. If we get our targets in time then Dempsey will be available.

CB Kaboul will have to be nursed due to his knees I believe, or ligaments. Thereis a concern there long-term, so expect us to be looking to bring in a young 17-20year old, as well as we want an experienced CH alongside.

We prefer to keep Ade and let JD go but all depends on where the interest financially comes from, and at this moment it is JD.

BAE not likely to be here and told he can go. May take our time on replacement to observe Rose and Fryers in Pre-Season.
[/itk]

[itk="30th June 2013, out, The Goat, Parker, rumour, 6, itk"]Jasper is on the money regarding Parker & Championship interest. To put some flesh on it, The Goat hears that Rangers are very keen indeed although there are obviously other clubs in the frame. West Ham and Palace we mentioned to me. The Goat is also hearing £3m is the number.
[/itk]

[itk="30th June 2013, in, Ben, various, rumour, 6, itk"]
No idea on Croats
But as Hash will confirm was told a week ago

Brazilian done

The HUD Defoe Dempsey all for sale.

Bale agent adamant bale stays this season

Avb and baldini want 4 more and don't think the Croats included

Nothing ground breaking but all from top table
[/itk]

BIG CATCH-UP TIME.....

[itk="1st July 2013, in, Hertyid, Villa, rumour, 6, itk"]
Hearing this is moving fast now, expect something by end of the week.
[/itk]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom