Summer 2012 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
right I haven't seen the results and I just got in from a sound engineering job that was possibly the most boring and hot 12 hours I ever spent behind a mixer. If anyone needs a reggae kind of delay on their vocal I've mastered it. about 120 and endless repeats JA JA JA JA JA JA ja ja ja ja ja a a a a a. This better be good MOTD. If Bouba Bembebe doesn't start I will be serious fucked off. He is the new Modric right? right. I'll report back. Love to you all. Mitts x

fuck it's hard having harry on motd. isn't he alright though. alright going to bed now. confused i still miss my vdv. not knee jerking and i appreciate we need time but ffs can we actually ATTACK the next stupid cunting team the comes to the lane.

this is bad bad headline 3 games in

Andre Villas-Boas Pleads For More Time

what is he a fucking magician, sure there are problems and some strange decisions (i.e. taking Sandro off) but 3 games, people are cunts! :jenaswtf:

mad said:

what is he a fucking magician, sure there are problems and some strange decisions (i.e. taking Sandro off) but 3 games, people are cunts! :jenaswtf:
The media wants him to fail so that they can have all the juicy headlines they want about how Spurs have failed yet again and how Levy was too arrogant and got rid of our best manager in years, etc, etc.

THese healdines are nothing if not predictable.

A bit off topic, but I see that clown Agent_ITK is reveling in his admission of mugging off his 35K followers, after admitting it was all a hoax. Claims he's a Yid and views Spurs forums...

handjob.gif

wanker.gif

Smoked Salmon said:
mad said:

The media wants him to fail so that they can have all the juicy headlines they want about how Spurs have failed yet again and how Levy was too arrogant and got rid of our best manager in years, etc, etc.

THese healdines are nothing if not predictable.
Meh. If I were a journalist, would I want to write the same headlines about Spurs that have been written for thirty years, or would I want to write something positive about them? I'd certainly want the latter.

I'd still be able to satisfy my need for negativity by digging out the team Spurs replaced at the top. Don't think anyone wants to write or read the same stuff every year.

SmegmaFarm said:
A bit off topic, but I see that clown Agent_ITK is reveling in his admission of mugging off his 35K followers, after admitting it was all a hoax. Claims he's a Yid and views Spurs forums...

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
Hardly surprising. All he did was read the ITK off of club forums and repost it.

If he's a Spurs fan let him actually admit on whichever forum he posts just who he is. He claims in his admission that he is proving to said forum that anyone can be an ITK. Well, let's see who he really is....

AberdeenYid said:
Meh. If I were a journalist, would I want to write the same headlines about Spurs that have been written for thirty years, or would I want to write something positive about them? I'd certainly want the latter.

I'd still be able to satisfy my need for negativity by digging out the team Spurs replaced at the top. Don't think anyone wants to write or read the same stuff every year.
Thirty years of marketing data seem to suggest otherwise.

I wrote about this last year: Spurs fans love to imagine that their club is a constant catastrophe—"It wouldn't be Spurs…"—and the media loves stories about trains running off rails, in this case our optimism, etc.

It's a match made in heaven, actually. On the one hand we have a fanbase made up of (in some cases literally pathological) self-pity merchants, whining and crying that they can't have the Spurs they deserve. On the other hand, we have a media with knives out for everything Spurs is about (professionalism, business, breaking up old boy networks). Our sobbing narcissists get the validation they crave from the red tops, and the red tops get their money. Simples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom