Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love oakley-booth I'd have him in the first team squad now. He has such a nice composure on the ball, always has time which is a sign of a class player.

They did well. A very hostile crowd and a dirt PAOK team were dealt with professionally. A great experience for the team.

I love oakley-booth I'd have him in the first team squad now. He has such a nice composure on the ball, always has time which is a sign of a class player.

They did well. A very hostile crowd and a dirt PAOK team were dealt with professionally. A great experience for the team.
Into the next round, so well done for that.
To be honest though I didn't see anyone there who is within a country mile of the first team.

Into the next round, so well done for that.
To be honest though I didn't see anyone there who is within a country mile of the first team.
I feel that the composure he has one the ball alongside his workrate would mean he would pick premier League football up very quickly.

I think his a player who will get better as he plays with better players

I'm not fully concentrating (half working, half watching) but no one really stands out. The quality seems pretty poor to be honest.

I haven't seen the yoot for quite a while, is this typical?

Big problem with the side is that the only natural forwards are Roles (19 year old AM who was fine) supporting a 17 year old winger (Bennett) playing as the striker. And that's the forward line.

Troy Parrott (17 year old CF) I assume injured as is Rodel Richards (18 year old winger/striker) and 18 year old forward Jeremi Mukkendi whilst 17 year old striker Enoch Asante has been injured all season. Not sure where Dilan Markansay (10/winger ) was, I assume also injured

Add a couple of forwards (AM's or strikers) to the starting line up or bench and suddenly the forward line retains the ball rather than nothing sticking and all the pressure coming onto CM's (where star midfielder Jamie Bowden also out injured) and defence and its a different game.

Given the choice of fit players thought they were ok. Rarely allowed opposition a shot on target and could have scored ,more (disallowed goal, not sure why and 2 shots hit the post). Good to see they kept their composure in a relatively (for a youth game) large crowd away from home.

Big problem with the side is that the only natural forwards are Roles (19 year old AM who was fine) supporting a 17 year old winger (Bennett) playing as the striker. And that's the forward line.

Troy Parrott (17 year old CF) I assume injured as is Rodel Richards (18 year old winger/striker) and 18 year old forward Jeremi Mukkendi whilst 17 year old striker Enoch Asante has been injured all season. Not sure where Dilan Markansay (10/winger ) was, I assume also injured

Add a couple of forwards (AM's or strikers) to the starting line up or bench and suddenly the forward line retains the ball rather than nothing sticking and all the pressure coming onto CM's (where star midfielder Jamie Bowden also out injured) and defence and its a different game.

Given the choice of fit players thought they were ok. Rarely allowed opposition a shot on target and could have scored ,more (disallowed goal, not sure why and 2 shots hit the post). Good to see they kept their composure in a relatively (for a youth game) large crowd away from home.
Correct you had a winger and a attacking midfielder ,( Bennett’s and roles) playing in positions that they don’t normally play . It was difficult for both of them with not much support up top . Roles still managed to beat the keeper , just not the posts which might come more naturally to a striker . so I still think he did well . White and cirkin did well considering their age . Austin the keeper was very shaky today so I’m not sure what happened to him today . Oakley booth did one really good drive through I think the middle , but I don’t understand why he can’t do more of that in the game , he shows he can be capable but then does nothing else to that standard . We had a lot of boys out today so hats off to the boys that covered for them and those who covered different positions .

The UK now have four teams through to the last sixteen, the one missing out are City, it's an 'open' draw so I think that means we can draw another ENG side, we can't draw Barca as we are from the same CL group. ... the draw is on Friday

Ajax (NED)*
Atlético Madrid (ESP)*
Barcelona (ESP, holders)*
Hoffenheim (GER)*
Liverpool (ENG)*
Manchester United (ENG)*
Porto (POR)*
Real Madrid (ESP)*
Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) / Juventus (ITA)
Chelsea (ENG)
Montpellier (FRA) / Benfica (POR)
Hertha Berlin (GER)
Midtjylland (DEN) / Roma (ITA)
Sigma Olomouc (CZE) / Lyon (FRA)

Most of those teams remaining (who are likely to go through) are those with typically great youth set ups and have produced some great players over the last few years.

So it's great we are here!

Where was Bowden by the way?

Isn't he on the list of most promising youngsters along with Skipp and Parrott as potential one to make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom