Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was Bowden by the way?

Isn't he on the list of most promising youngsters along with Skipp and Parrott as potential one to make it?
I assume injured as we could have certainly done with him, and he's mainly playing with this group with a few games at u23 too.

Bowden made an appearance at pre-season 2018 and think he will be at pre-season 2019 too- and possibly getting first team appearances next season, although I suspect more likely the following season as he is not as physically developed as Skipp (same year group) who is developed far more than most kids of a similar age, which is why Skipp is playing in the first team at aged 18 rather than waiting until he's 20+

Harvey White puts in display that suggests he's a future Tottenham Hotspur first-teamer - The Boot Room

Out of all of them I saw yesterday this one definitely seemed to have the most potential

Harvey White in u15's was playing as an AM but in u18's seems to be being played as a DM - not sure if the thinking is that by playing further back he'll learn more about the game before moving further forward again or not.

Either way he's doing well as a DM, can play AM, and with Bowden (a year older) taking one of the CM places he started this season as LB where he again looked very good....and he also played as a CB against Barcelona u19's looking like he had always played there......as a 17 year old.

His set pieces and corners really stand out too (best in the Academy ?) , and he's doing quite well with assists this season too.

The current first year Academy seems to have more individually gifted players than most (striker Parrott, winger Bennett, LB Cirkin - and probably you can add CB's Binks and Walcott too), but Harvey White is certainly up there with the best. Lots of competition at CM coming through but he does look good, even though slightly built (and we know Poch likes well developed players) !

Under-19s battle through in Europe | Tottenham Hotspur

Coach Matt Wells summary

The red card made it a more difficult challenge and changed their style a bit,” said coach Matt Wells, who has been without the services of a number of attacking players through injury in recent weeks. “For the first 25 minutes we played extremely well but let's not forget, they're a top opponent, they've not lost a single game this season domestically so we knew the importance of a fast start. We controlled the game and pressed well in a slightly different system to what we have been playing, so the boys adapted to that really well, we scored a good goal from a set-piece routine that we'd worked on but they ended up going down to 10 men and that made them play a little bit deeper, a bit more on the counter and that probably helped them and frustrated us a little bit. For the last 15 or 20 minutes of the first half, I was disappointed with how sloppy we were.

“If you want to progress, one thing you have to arrive with is a perfect mentality and that's probably what's pleased me most and that's what I've said to the players after the game. In terms of the performance there's a lot we need to improve on, in terms of how we played in possession where we were unrecognisable at times, but credit to the opposition because they made it difficult with 10 men. That's football, though, because the longer the game goes on, the more frustrated you can get but we did defend the penalty box extremely well and the mentality is why we have a clean sheet at the end of the game.”

On the atmosphere inside the stadium, Matt added: “It was certainly a hostile environment – even in the warm-up it was hostile when we first ran out but it's a small taster of what these boys will hopefully face in their careers and that’s why these experiences are so good – you have to survive in that pressure and tonight there's a few who have not only survived, they’ve excelled in a very heated environment so we're pleased with that."

Max Statham in the first team training photos today which is a slightly odd one. He's leaving at the end of the season.

Yes but didn't Anton Walkes (or of not him another former development player) make a first team appearance only a few weeks before his leavening was announced ? Sometimes I think Poch does these things as a 'leaving present'

Dzy8NNDXcAMPSoW.jpg:large

Spurs u17's in the Ajax Future tournament on 20-22 April

The UK now have four teams through to the last sixteen, the one missing out are City, it's an 'open' draw so I think that means we can draw another ENG side, we can't draw Barca as we are from the same CL group. ... the draw is on Friday

Ajax (NED)*
Atlético Madrid (ESP)*
Barcelona (ESP, holders)*
Hoffenheim (GER)*
Liverpool (ENG)*
Manchester United (ENG)*
Porto (POR)*
Real Madrid (ESP)*
Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) / Juventus (ITA)
Chelsea (ENG)
Montpellier (FRA) / Benfica (POR)
Hertha Berlin (GER)
Midtjylland (DEN) / Roma (ITA)
Sigma Olomouc (CZE) / Lyon (FRA)

After today's results where Dynamo Kiev beat Juventus, Middyland beat Roma on penalties, Lyon beat Sigma and Montpellier beat Benfica, the 16 through to the next round are :.

Ajax (NED)*
Atlético Madrid (ESP)*
Barcelona (ESP, holders)*
Hoffenheim (GER)*
Liverpool (ENG)*
Manchester United (ENG)*
Porto (POR)*
Real Madrid (ESP)*
Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
Chelsea (ENG)
Montpellier (FRA)
Hertha Berlin (GER)
Midtjylland (DEN)
Lyon (FRA)

Where was Bowden by the way?

Isn't he on the list of most promising youngsters along with Skipp and Parrott as potential one to make it?
Jarred Bowden?

He left in the January window
Yes but didn't Anton Walkes (or of not him another former development player) make a first team appearance only a few weeks before his leavening was announced ? Sometimes I think Poch does these things as a 'leaving present'
Lesniak got game time against Leicester two seasons ago (and maybe against Hull? Can't remember) just before he departed. Even got an assist against the foxes.

Just like I thought:

Top 5:

5. Greenwood
4. Sessegon
3. Nelson
2. Foden
1. Hudson-Odoi

Predictable.

Nice to see Skipp at #25 though.

Interesting bit was the bottom half full of u19's who were not well known.

But as you say the top10 were all well known 'older' players who many will know - only reason Sancho was not on the list is he's no longer registered with an FA affiliated club

Correct you had a winger and a attacking midfielder ,( Bennett’s and roles) playing in positions that they don’t normally play . It was difficult for both of them with not much support up top . Roles still managed to beat the keeper , just not the posts which might come more naturally to a striker . so I still think he did well . White and cirkin did well considering their age . Austin the keeper was very shaky today so I’m not sure what happened to him today . Oakley booth did one really good drive through I think the middle , but I don’t understand why he can’t do more of that in the game , he shows he can be capable but then does nothing else to that standard . We had a lot of boys out today so hats off to the boys that covered for them and those who covered different positions .
That was only the 3rd game I've seen from him but Cirkin has impressed every time. One to look out for.

Dzy8NNDXcAMPSoW.jpg:large

Spurs u17's in the Ajax Future tournament on 20-22 April

It'll be interesting to see the squad we send over. The rules on age eligibility vary a little between tournaments (eg from being under 17 at the start of the tournament to being u17 on 1 January 2019), but the squad is likely to be from Academy Year 1 and Spurs u16's

Some of Spurs Acdemy Year 1 are already established u18 players who have a few appearances in Spurs u23's to their name this season including LB Dennis Cirkin, CB Malachi Walcott, CB Luis Binks, DM Harvey White, winger J'Neill Lloyd-Bennett and striker Troy Parrott and this tournament is really already too 'easy ' for them, so whilst 2 or 3 might go to provide some experience, I'd expect the Year 1 players to go would be ones who have a few u18 appearances to their name but no u23 appearances such as
GK Kacper Kurylowicz, CM Rafferty Pedder, AM Chay Cooper, and Striker Enoch Asante.

So with such a small number likely from Academy Year 1, its likely we'll finally see some more of our u16's as only striker Tarrelle Whitaker has yet made his u18 debut (in previous years at least half the u16 intake would have made their u18 debut by now).

So my guesses as to who the other u16's will be (many of whom will be in the ABN Amro Future squad) are :
Timothee Lo'Totula (GK)
Tobi Oluwayemi GK)
Kallum Cesay (RB/CB)
Dermi Lusala (RB/CB/DM)
Jeremy Kyezu (LB)
Michael Craig (CB/DM)
Matthew Craig (CM/AM)
Romane Mundle (Mid)
Nile John (AM)
Max Robson(AM)

In addition Benjamin Watt (CB), who I think is an u15 as his birthday is 1 September (on the cut off of Academy years) but is an E u16 and often is in the Spurs u16 team might also be in contention. Its possible one or two other u15's will go too such as striker Dane Scarlett.

There might be one or two others who I've missed - I suspect Spurs are still sorting out the final list for next season's Academy Year 1 and there will be two or three 'border line candidates for what is likely to be a squad of maybe 12 in next years Academy Year 1 (the following year, current Spurs u15's seem to have a number of very good players so is likely to be a larger intake, hence my guess of limiting the next years intake to being slightly smaller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom