Spurs vs Marseille - 8pm Weds 7th September, at the Nearly full Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On reflection was a great start to our ECL campaign. It wasn't pretty but we got the job done, against the next best team in our group.

Especially since our recent form in all European games has been crap.

We really need to keep the ball better though especially in Europe.

On a side note. Perisic, Son, Kane, Richy and Kulu on the pitch at once is some serious attacking quality that will cause havoc in time

3b3eb67b4e779b8d2b11b8cb9f3aa9fd.jpg
Textually it means: "OM canceled"

Some good renditions of it in the south stand tonight.
Hard to hear it from the west stand. Don't usually sit there and don't think I will ever again. Should name it the prawn sandwich stand. Maybe it's just where I was sat but the whole ground seemed very flat, not always much noise and away fans were louder

Letting Woolwich fans know that Richarlison has scored more champions league goals than their entire squad has (whilst playing for Woolwich) is pretty funny.
The fact that I have the champions league music as my ring tone this morning also seems to be upsetting them, especially when you have a spurs mate with you who keeps ringing every 2 mins..:contelol:.

I think they are a little waspy today.

But until it does he should be benched

Not worth his place atm
Yeah. If he keeps getting picked ahead of Kulu and Richy, you got to wonder how they'd feel about it.

I'm sure they are professional and they know it's in their interest to give Son chance to get back in to form, but if I was keep being benched for someone who isn't helping the team, I would get annoyed eventually. Especially the big games everyone wants to play in.

The narrative around this game I simply don’t get as was the melting.

First off, we’ve seen us play in Europe numerous times and dominate the ball but fail to get behind the oppo, and end up with a draw or even a lose. we’ve been criticized heavily for it too. But last night Marseille did this and were utterly toothless the ONLY thing they did was have a shot on 45mins from all of 40yrds out that was an easy save for Hugo. And yet it was Marseille that were “praised” and “should be ahead”!!!! WTF!!

We’ve lost just once in our last EIGHTEEN games (1-0 to Brighton), with only a couple of really great performances in this run.

This is how we play.

Has no one been watching us the past 8 months? We very, very, very rarely let the oppo get into good situations to score from and most teams deny us the space for us to counter quickly anymore.

The negativity surrounding us was off the fucking charts, it’s not aesthetically pleasing but it’s hard to see any team (probably with the exception of our next opponent but look what we’ve done to them recently) open us up, I feel no stress watching us because we defend so, so well.

How we are playing isn’t lucky, we’ve got control where we need it and we’ve got the firepower that’s seen us win the 3rd most games of any team this year. How we play is repeated game after game, this is us, this is how we play.

"don't understimate marseille"
it is what tottenham has done yesterday, and the victory has come.
they are a very good team and tudor is a great coach (to be attentioned for when conte....)
I don't think so. If anything we seemed to play to the occasion and froze. But at the end of the day we won and we're up and running.

I don’t like the sound of that 😬

I spoke to a work colleague this morning that is a Liverpool fan and he walked past them after all the spurs fans had gone and he said they was still acting the same outside the stadium. They cannot punish one and not the other especially when in this case the marseille fans were the ones doing all the instigating and actually kicked off first.

Is this not just another (dumb) case of 'blame the host team for not pre-emptively shutting down any trouble'?

Punish the perpetrators, FFS.

Looks like it

From a far (South Stand) it looked like the stewards did everything right in keeping the fans apart and when it escalated they got the police to join

To me it looked like they maintained a good balance between not being heavy handed or too weak

Back
Top Bottom