Spurs vs Marseille - 8pm Weds 7th September, at the Nearly full Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you enjoy the light show? I did.

I also thought the atmosphere was going to rival the NLD last season, but it died off after the initial burst, didn't it? Still, it was quite good.

The team saw to that. Atmosphere was great at the start but the performance just killed us and took all our support out of us. When the players are so limp and passive in such a big game it’s frustrating. If they have shown half as much effort as we did in the first twenty minutes it would have been nice.

Joey Barton showing up in the Marseille section.

Just in case stubbing a cigarette out in a youth player's face and having a racist axe murderer for a brother wasn't quite enough to hate the cunt.

Only one?

ChuckINVASIONUSA.jpg

The Marseille fans we're a fucking disgrace. Was happy giving it the Billy Big bollocks until they started losing and couldn't hack it. There was watches thrown coins and a flare. Bet they don't don't get any retrospective action taken either.
Coins and a Flare.... fucking horrible....
But a watch...? Fucking IDIOT!!

Just back from the game, thought I'd picked a shocking one for my first one at the new stadium!

Stinker of a game until Richarlison's moment of magic.

We looked void of ideas and every bounce seemed to fall to Marseille. The ref bought all their dives and time wasting tactics - he was shocking.

The crowd around me were really turning against Son too at times. I don't know how much longer we can justify playing him. (I know he earned the red card but everything else was shit).

But we got there in the end. Two beautiful headers from the big man. What a way to solidify your cult status early.

I lived just outside of Marseille for six months a few years ago. There are obviously nice areas but large sections of it are total fucking shitholes inhabited by what can only be described as the worst of the worst. I wasn't temped for a second to go for the away-leg.

Their fans will be out looking for trouble.
My dad always spoke highly of the people of Marseille. He and some of his buddies took a cruise there from North Africa in 1945, and said the people were very friendly. He and his mates were on their way to some kind of a health resort called Battle of the Bulge.

Back
Top Bottom