Spurs vs Marseille - 8pm Weds 7th September, at the Nearly full Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah. My mate has been banging on about us signing back up again but times are difficult and I can’t justify spending £65 just to even be able to buy tickets nobody else clearly wants.

I think Levy underestimates how much normal people need to cut back on unnecessary expenditure. I can’t imagine Spurs will make more money over the course of the season from additional memberships than they would if the stadium was packed out for every fixture but hey, Levy is the smart man when it comes to money.
Will surely change it and open up tickets to non members if attendances dip

Nah. My mate has been banging on about us signing back up again but times are difficult and I can’t justify spending £65 just to even be able to buy tickets nobody else clearly wants.

I think Levy underestimates how much normal people need to cut back on unnecessary expenditure. I can’t imagine Spurs will make more money over the course of the season from additional memberships than they would if the stadium was packed out for every fixture but hey, Levy is the smart man when it comes to money.
Every game has been sold out this year. This being a midweek and 2 weeks notice has struggled but they will also want to prevent away fans in the home end hence the lack of general sale

Mines £52 in South Stand but yep agreed...
My mate is on auto-pay. Is on holiday but can't do anything legally to shift his seat. Ridiculous. This game is scheduled with less than 2 weeks notice?!

I know some of the measures will be to combat touting, but It all seems way too militant now.

Altogether preventing the natural flow of tickets to genuine punters is a step too far.

I just been caught out by this too.....

Dunno how much I can afford to go this season, but I've got to further spend over 100 quid to buy a pair of 50 quid tickets? .............Sorry, that just doesn't stack up.

Terms of membership state "Priority match ticket access"....... Not really the case is it, if it's the only way to purchase them.

You can't even check seat availability before becoming a member.

I coulda sworn I read someone here saying all they needed to buy tickets was a CRN (which I have)...... Has something changed? ......Or is this just in relation to CL tickets?

Seems as though it has changed. I have a CRN as I was a member for 15 or so years prior to the pandemic, but when I log in via the Spurs app it still states I need to purchase membership for tickets to the Marseille game.

Every game has been sold out this year. This being a midweek and 2 weeks notice has struggled but they will also want to prevent away fans in the home end hence the lack of general sale

But surely there's a way round this....?

I have a CRN with a long history of attending home games.

Seems as though it has changed. I have a CRN as I was a member for 15 or so years prior to the pandemic, but when I log in via the Spurs app it still states I need to purchase membership for tickets to the Marseille game.

Ditto.

The no general sale policy for this will be to prevent Marseille fans getting in home ends. I think the short notice has probably made this a bit lower risk but otherwise I think this would be a very high risk game.

Yeah I guess you could limit to those with a purchase history.

Indeed; I mean, as an oppo I could just buy a membership if the game meant enough to me so it achieves little in that respect too.

The no general sale policy for this will be to prevent Marseille fans getting in home ends. I think the short notice has probably made this a bit lower risk but otherwise I think this would be a very high risk game.

This sort of thing definitely happens

(See above)

With being able to screen shot the ticket, there will always be a way of sending tickets to others. I can't see the stewards checking every person going in the ground. Not saying that I condone this ofcourse.

Didn't think my screen capture was working with google wallet, but just tried again and it works perfectly.

Been looking at their line ups so far. They have started most games with a back 3 of Kolasinac, Balerdi & Chancel Mbemba(!).. Come at us all they like, they will get murdered on the counter.

Surely you should be allow too share your tickets with CRNs older than 2 months who have previously attended. Not many Marseille fans going to rock under that control measure.

Surely you should be allow too share your tickets with CRNs older than 2 months who have previously attended. Not many Marseille fans going to rock under that control measure.

Imagine as it’s quite a short notice game and a 3rd party website it’s just a case of not enough time to implement it.

We must have hundreds of thousands of CRNs now. Some active, inactive, never bought tickets etc etc.

Indeed; I mean, as an oppo I could just buy a membership if the game meant enough to me so it achieves little in that respect too.

(See above)
Can't remember what game it was but one Euro home at the new stadium that quite a few of our lot weren't bothered about and who ever it was turned up and took the piss with a bulk buy in the north stand. Ended up having a segregated area made for them during the game after a lot of aggro. It wasn't the scale of Cologne taking the Emirates but it happened. Can see why the club isn't taking a chance with a club like Marseille.
I was with thousands who did it at the San Siro for the first Inter Milan game as well but obvs were were a civilized lot, also helped that we were 4-0 down after a few minutes

Back
Top Bottom