Spurs vs Marseille - 8pm Weds 7th September, at the Nearly full Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My late mother in law always used to mis-quote that and ask 'is the Pope Jewish?'

Which has, over the years, become a 'thing' in our household and we always use it rather than the correct one.
My mate and I used variations involving bears, various religions and whatever came into our heads whenever anyone asked "Do you want a pint?" in the pub.
His missus came out with us one night and she was completely baffled.
That was a funny night.

Would be fascinating to know how Conte sets the squad up mentally for this week. Obviously there's a massive prem game on the weekend that he would want as much time as possible to prep for... but we're in a lot of peril if we take any focus off this midweek game. They'll be up for it. Tough place to play from the sounds of it.
Wonder how true the "one game at a time" thing is. Would Conte even allow talk of the City game before Thursday? HE'LL def be thinking that far ahead, at least.

We have a much better team than them. Playing at home. Not winning is a disgrace. Let’s be honest.
I think you’re very much underestimating Marseille. They came second in the league last year and have got off to a very strong start this season. They’ve made some shrewd signings this summer as well. Anyway, alls I’ll say is that they won’t be a pushover. Happy to be proved wrong though!

So based on what people are saying here regarding seats being available and bearing in mind the game is just a couple of days away, I figured I might snag a couple of tickets on general sale seeing as I haven’t been to WHL since pre-Covid. And now I go on the website only to find there is no general sale period not just for this game but for every fixture.

Does Levy really want a half full stadium?

So based on what people are saying here regarding seats being available and bearing in mind the game is just a couple of days away, I figured I might snag a couple of tickets on general sale seeing as I haven’t been to WHL since pre-Covid. And now I go on the website only to find there is no general sale period not just for this game but for every fixture.

Yeah that’s a bit shit. Do you know any members? Could they hit and then gift to you via CRN?

Yeah that’s a bit shit. Do you know any members? Could they hit and then gift to you via CRN?
Ticket share not available for this game. Actually I don't think members can ever 'gift' their own tickets, only season ticket holders for regular league games.

Members can by up to 4 now though, for non members

Spy shot of the other new special CL initiative planned for Wednesday nights.

MOM9s6P.png

Nah. My mate has been banging on about us signing back up again but times are difficult and I can’t justify spending £65 just to even be able to buy tickets nobody else clearly wants.

I think Levy underestimates how much normal people need to cut back on unnecessary expenditure. I can’t imagine Spurs will make more money over the course of the season from additional memberships than they would if the stadium was packed out for every fixture but hey, Levy is the smart man when it comes to money.

Nah. My mate has been banging on about us signing back up again but times are difficult and I can’t justify spending £65 just to even be able to buy tickets nobody else clearly wants.

I think Levy underestimates how much normal people need to cut back on unnecessary expenditure. I can’t imagine Spurs will make more money over the course of the season from additional memberships than they would if the stadium was packed out for every fixture but hey, Levy is the smart man when it comes to money.

I just been caught out by this too.....

Dunno how much I can afford to go this season, but I've got to further spend over 100 quid to buy a pair of 50 quid tickets? .............Sorry, that just doesn't stack up.

Terms of membership state "Priority match ticket access"....... Not really the case is it, if it's the only way to purchase them.

You can't even check seat availability before becoming a member.

I coulda sworn I read someone here saying all they needed to buy tickets was a CRN (which I have)...... Has something changed? ......Or is this just in relation to CL tickets?

I would rotate a bit with the City game in mind.
Lloris
Davinson, Lenglet, Davies
Doherty, Bissouma, Bentancur, Perisic
Kulu, Kane, Richarlison​
I’d go for that as well but maybe keep Romero in as his had a good few weeks off.
Son can start Saturday as he always dies well v citeh.

Back
Top Bottom