Spurs vs Man Utd. ICC, 25/7/19, KO 12:30pm BST. Shanghai

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need those two extra signings desperately!

In summary:

Youngsters : great
1st teamers : a range from OK to awful.

First teamers have only been back just over 2 weeks, think the youngsters were back at least a week before, and looked fitter

Just as Manu looked a lot fitter having had 4 games before this one (Spurs only one previous game) which means they started pre season about 2 weeks before our first teamers - and that difference showed.

But new signings will be welcomed even though probably no fitter today than the rest of our squad

Dele had a poor game apparently?
I'm afraid he doesn’t bring anything to this team anymore and tbh, not sure if he’s that good for Spurs. Especially with the new signings coming on. He needs to be dropped to realize that he doesn’t get an automatic spot in the team.

That's to be expected no?

Youngsters playing to impress Poch, 1st teamers just trying to get back in game shape while staying healthy.

To an extent yes, but with all this new competition for places I expected a bit more.

Kane: carried on from where he left off last season.
Dele: constantly slowing the ball down and passing sideways. Missed a good opportunity.
Sissoko: his 'control' issues are still with him. Lucky not to get sent off.
Eriksen: strolled around without a care in the world.
Winks: OK
Vertonghen: OK
Lamela: OK
Skipp: Looked good.
Son: Very promising. Something looked like happening whenever he got the ball.
Lucas: OK

Agreed, nothing to play for except impress the manager.

Early days and this is what pre-season is for - blow away the cobwebs.

Also f
As we don't have a Parrot thread yet, I thought I'd just post this nice piece of skill here.

I'm definitely impressed with him so far and I'm glad that he's getting this exposure with the first team. It will be really interesting to see what Poch does with him this year.

Cheers for that, very impressed with Parrott's composure in these last two games.

Out of interest, did you make that clip yourself, if so, how? and how did you get it into a format that could be posted on here?

Also f

Cheers for that, very impressed with Parrott's composure in these last two games.

Out of interest, did you make that clip yourself, if so, how? and how did you get it into a format that could be posted on here?
Sorry, I didn't create it so can't help you with how to create one. I was able to post it as a media file since it is a gif.

These "friendlies" definitely aren't meaningless for players like Parrott, they will almost certainly be the biggest occasions in their(his) career to date, playing in a huge, packed stadium, a televised round the world game against other top European clubs and players.

It's a chance to see how these kids handle proper "pressure" without it being full tilt pressure. And Parrott demonstrated exactly the kind of character and composure you want to see, completely unfazed by the occasion, was calm, took sure touches and made good choices.

Didn’t watch the first half but I thought Skipp played well, if he keeps his head down he will become a good player, also liked Foyth although I still believe we need a more dynamic RB, Lucas was lively and I hope he will become an important piece of the puzzle this season and I liked Roles when he came on.

These "friendlies" definitely aren't meaningless for players like Parrott, they will almost certainly be the biggest occasions in their(his) career to date, playing in a huge, packed stadium, a televised round the world game against other top European clubs and players.

It's a chance to see how these kids handle proper "pressure" without it being full tilt pressure. And Parrott demonstrated exactly the kind of character and composure you want to see, completely unfazed by the occasion, was calm, took sure touches and made good choices.

Agreed.

He was the highlight of this tour, tbh.

And Skipp, who I thought demonstrated genuine control in midfield and an ability to move the ball quickly. Hope he's our DM for the season.

Agreed but also his first chance to play against some very good players at Juve and Manu as well as playing with much better players on his side than he I used to (rather than just training with them,).

Seemed to take to playing in these two games like a duck to water with some good moved and few mistakes.

I still recall Kane's debut v Hearts aged ,17 and think Parrott looked a better player, although Kane was probably handicapped by playing with one of Harry's thrown together Europa sides that always looked as though they met for the first time 10 minutes befoe the match.

Before preseason I doubted he would look as good as in u23s he's only scored 2 goals and thought he'd need a full season at u21s before moving up. But think he will definitely make some first team appearances this season - although maybe not as Kane's only back up.

I really don't see the reason in HIGH PROFILE pre-season friendlies...

If we don't take them seriously and lose, we're out of the title race already... and if we DO take them seriously, (like today) then we have to issue apologies to the opposition for taking them seriously!

I mean WTF? "Sorry Man Utd, for going in hard on your precious little darlings who I assume you wanted to get match fit in order to beat us next season..."

SOWEEEEEEEEEE!

gimme Stevenage away any day!

Back
Top Bottom