Spurs vs Man Utd. ICC, 25/7/19, KO 12:30pm BST. Shanghai

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

they need to use Lucas more this season, he's a diamond and he'll go if He's not a regular. So much talent wasted. Are you listening Poch?

Totally agree.....even to this day I struggle to understand the logic of the CPL Final decision to drop him for Harry. The guy had just scored a semi final hat trick and was bursting with confidence whilst Harry was returning from an injury and nowhere near 'match' fit. I'd have started Lucas and kept Harry for a second half appearance by which time, hopefully, we'd have been at least one goal up.

I have nothing but respect for the man in regards to the manner in which he accepted the decision and has obviously returned to pre-season looking just as eager to perform for us as before.
He's a class act as far as I am concerned and I want to see him play a much larger part in our league endeavours this time.

He's also an outstanding #10; as good as Teddy Sh in his passing range. And an outstanding long shot off both pegs. He genuinely doesnt have a Left foot weakness from range - Hud away, Wolves home.

As the years go by, I can see him dropping deeper and deeper. Still playing at 35-36 as #10 maybe?
Kane dropping deeper with Son and Moura running into positions. Kane is a very good with final balls. He will draw defenders with him and uses the pace of Son/Moura. All three score goals.

Totally agree.....even to this day I struggle to understand the logic of the CPL Final decision to drop him for Harry. The guy had just scored a semi final hat trick and was bursting with confidence whilst Harry was returning from an injury and nowhere near 'match' fit. I'd have started Lucas and kept Harry for a second half appearance by which time, hopefully, we'd have been at least one goal up.

I have nothing but respect for the man in regards to the manner in which he accepted the decision and has obviously returned to pre-season looking just as eager to perform for us as before.
He's a class act as far as I am concerned and I want to see him play a much larger part in our league endeavours this time.
Agree with you Moura should have started, but in place of Dele instead of Kane

Please just fuck off. This is a forum for Spurs fans not South Korean Son fan boys.
He is just offering his opinion about two Spurs players. There will be votes on both votes.
There is no such thing as English Kane fan boys. Saying Son is better shouldn't create something of that effect too.
Anyway , am just so happy we have another player that can be compared to Kane

He is just offering his opinion about two Spurs players. There will be votes on both votes.
There is no such thing as English Kane fan boys. Saying Son is better shouldn't create something of that effect too.
Anyway , am just so happy we have another player that can be compared to Kane

No, he's a dick and not really a Spurs fan. The other Koreans on the forum think he's a dick too. Deserves to be sent off because he's just gonna pop up like a rash every now and then and tell us how shit Kane is and how Son is better - that's going to be his only contribution to the forum.

I didn't see this but just looking at some headlines, and it sounds like we killed some people and so we gonna get kicked out of the league, Dele is getting arrested, Sissoko going straight to the glue factory? All that check out?

If there was one thing that stood out for me with our performance today it was the attitude of Dele Alli compared to everyone else. As much as I admire the lad and the contribution he is able to make to the team (when in the mood) he is heading into the biggest season of his life.

The new signings will mean his comfort blanket being removed and him having to fight for his place on the team. As I stated previously "Cometh the hour cometh the man". This will be the most intensive examination of his credentials and everyone else's as a first team player. Whether or not he will come through it unscathed I honestly cannot say but one thing is for sure. Having such competitiveness for places within the squad is one of the healthiest ingredients for the recipe of a succesful trophy winning side.

Nothing compares to friendly but professional rivalry for a shirt and it will finally give Poch the selection headaches he should be having just before a fixture. Nobody in our team next season should be able to assume anything regarding being picked and that will make them all competitive, hungry and eager to impress when they do run out on the pitch.

The jigsaw is finally coming together and the picture on the box looks full of promise and achievement....Dare To Dream

:coys:

I didn't see this but just looking at some headlines, and it sounds like we killed some people and so we gonna get kicked out of the league, Dele is getting arrested, Sissoko going straight to the glue factory? All that check out?
Are you OK?

That ultimate error was not starting him instead of Alli.

If Harry was fit, poch was gonna play him.

Playing Dele ahead of Lucas, though. lol FML

It will take me a long time to get over losing that game.

Dippers were prepared to roll over...expected to lose another final.

Anyway...hope poch polishes up tactically and selection-wise this season.

He's still got maturing to do.

If Dele keeps those kinda performances up Ndombele and likely Lo Celso are gonna keep him warming the bench for a nice long while.

I thought he looked rather sharp. His first touch was pretty tight and he was quicker with the ball at his feet. He should have had a better attempt on that chance, but thought he had bite, which I like.

Kane dropping deeper with Son and Moura running into positions. Kane is a very good with final balls. He will draw defenders with him and uses the pace of Son/Moura. All three score goals.

Hate this diamond still (would prefer a trad. 433) but if we stick with it, is the the answer:

- - - - - - - - - - - Son / Lucas - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Kane - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ndombele (Winks) / Eriksen (Lo Celso)
- - - - - - - - - - - Winks (Skipp) - - - - - - - - -

????

Why is everyone saying that Tanganga played so well? I thought he was a liability. He was beat by Martial for that almost goal off the post. And he was beat again by Martial for the first goal. Then he picked up a yellow card. Looks susceptible to fast players running in behind him.

KWP didn’t play great. Trippier for all his defensive lapses, was still a threat when pushing up wide. KWP had some opportunities to make something happen, but didn’t do much.

I still don’t get getting rid of Trippier and also possibly Rose. I don’t think Rose played poorly last season. They will miss him if he goes.

to me Man U kept using pace against us, they cut out the middle section of the pitch and played "longish" balls (not over the top long balls) then had 3/4 forward players running fast at us,
we seem to play as we have done for a few sections playing the ball slowly though all sections of the pitch
do hope the rest of the midfield watch that Ndombele turn so they don't just play the backwards/sidewards easy pass but turn players and move forward

Would definitely work in a 433. Alli would not make the cut in that case, unless he played a bit deeper, but I would rather winks or Eriksen in that role (hopefully Lo Celso as well).

Back
Top Bottom